“What a Venue!”
Review of Sherman Theater

Sherman Theater
Ranked #3 of 26 things to do in Stroudsburg
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I can remember when this place was a real dive...NOT ANY MORE. it is a beautiful comfortable Theater that is nestled in downtown Stroudsburg. It has some great shows and really fits in with the olde town look of the area.

The acoustics are unbelieveable and going inside and looking around is almost like stepping back in time to a theater in the 1930's.

If you get a chance to go do yourself a favor and go you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We drove here for a Gin Blossoms concert on a Friday night and stayed at a hotel. The theater itself is on Main Street in a little town which reminded me of Frederick, and the venue was old and like the Weinberg inside. It is supposedly undergoing major rennovations, and needs them. We had third row seats, almost center, and when walking to those seats I noticed old popcorn and debris on the floor in front of the stage. When sitting waiting for the opening band, I looked up and around and the high ceilings had water damage on them. I couldn't see to the back of the auditorium but a chunk of what I assumed were the back rows were removed and curtained off with black sheeting, to conceal electrical equipment. The lobby had a bar set up for the concert and I splurged on one $7 cup of beer. The seats themselves were padded and comfy, with cup holders, which told me that they obviously show movies there. The minute we left the venue that night, they were outside in a pretty sizeable snowfall changing the marquis to a Led Zeppelin tribute band the next night. Oh, the warmup band, Crash Boom Bang, was really good and they appear at Nine Thirty Club in D.C. Gin Blossoms were also good that night, the last night of their winter tour, the singer said.

1  Thank travelkitty50