“Can't tell a book by its cover”

Momento's Pizza and Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 125 Restaurants in Stroudsburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Near Stroud Mall on Route 611 in Stroudsburg, PA.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Momentos looks like a little pizza joint. Don't be fooled the owner and chef Nicola left manhattan to raise a family, the food belongs in a first class restaurant. It was a girls week and we made sure we went back a 2nd time. BYO no corking fee.we let him make us whatever he thought we would like.homemade pasta,sea bass,steamed clams like never before,calamari he will make whatever u want. Meals were priced very very reasonable . A must if you enjoy a man who LOVES what he's doing.We gave it a best meal we ever had.

1  Thank Suewide

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Don't let this place fool you- he is a former chef from Le Cirque who does outstanding meals and fine dining in a pizza parlor. If you want one of the best dinners you've ever had then you need to try this place. Outstanding. He has a cookbook coming out as well. Food Network is well aware of this hidden gem in Stroudsburg!

1  Thank racecar20
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Love the wonderfully delish Italian restaurant!! Located in a strip mall, hole on the wall, pizzeria, it is a hidden gem here in the Poconos!! Nicola, the wizard chef & owner, is a magnificent chef. Food ranges from sandwiches & pizza to gourmet entrees. The place is small, pizzeria like. Word is spreading about the goodness found in this gem of a restaurant. Actually, on our last visit, they were soooo busy, we couldn't get served & left with our group of 6. But, we will definitely return.

1  Thank Maureen C
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Momento's during our stay in the Poconos this past weekend. I never write reviews but I had such a positive dining experience I had to share. The place is very casual, and looks like a simple take-out pizza place but the food is just as wonderful as the food I ate on my trip to Italy. Nicola, the chef, walked around to the tables and personally made sure we were enjoying our meal. I have been to very expensive/fancy restaurants where the same hospitality is not given. Needless to say we were very impressed, and we ended up going to dinner again there the next night! Don't leave Stroudsburg without going to Momento's!

1  Thank Kristina K
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Wow, you don't know what you are in for when you see this place. Looks can be very deceiving. We almost thought we went to the wrong place when we got there. We almost drove away because something didn't seem right when we saw the place. It is in a small generic looking shopping strip. It looks like a super average pizza place.

The food was really good, lots of choices. The quality is on par with good Italian restaurants in Manhattan that would have a much better atmosphere. The dessert was delicious, with a fine dining execution. I would love to try their pizza. If I am ever back in the area, I will definitely go back.