“Quiet beautiful resort a top of a small mountain with excellent service and staff!”

Stroudsmoor Country Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My buddy had his wedding at Stroudsmoor Country Inn this weekend and everything was terrific. We had the ceremony and reception on site. As part of the wedding party, the staff were so helpful and gave us the best service I have ever seen at a wedding. I have worked close to 50 high end weddings through previous jobs and I have to say the staff at this place really know how to treat guests well. The location is beautiful and the newly renovated buildings are great. I stayed in the Inn which had older furnished rooms but everything was clean and neat so I didn't mind the older feel to it. Would definitely recommend this as a wedding venue to anyone looking for a small getaway venue.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank grem32789

Reviewed June 5, 2013

My wife and I set out for the Pocono's for a couple of days in between visits with our children and grandchildren. Stroudsmoor was a delightful place to get away from it all, ans was nice and quiet durig the mid-week.. We had a spacious suite in the Ledgemere cabin, with a private deck overlooking the wooded mountainside outside, and a large jacuzzi tub on the inside. Food in ther restaurant was quite acceptable and the staff was friendly and nice. We are already cosdoering returning next year for a family vacation!

Room Tip: For privacy, space and comfort, I highly recommend Ledgemere suite.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Bradley H
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stroudsmoor Country Inn is a lovely setting for a wedding. That being said, I would like to say that the wedding was nice, despite the woman who runs the show (the owner). After a few events of concern during the planning stages of the wedding (our original wedding planner disappeared with no replacement nor explanation for a few weeks). Our planner was replaced by the owner, who lacked warmth and consideration that a bride would like while planning the most important day of her life. Through an oversight, the kids brought a personal check as final payment the day before the wedding and she laughed at them and made them feel awful. Fortunately, their grandparents were able to put the final payment on a credit card. Granted, the error was on our side, but as a wedding planner, your job is to ensure that nothing is missed or misunderstood in ADVANCE. Anyone who has been married knows the fragile state the bride is in so close to the wedding.
That being said, the event itself was beautiful. The service that we, the guests, were given I have never encountered before at a wedding. The venue was incredibly lovely and well thought out. The food was fantastic, the flowers lovely, and the cake delicious. I cannot imagine a more perfect wedding. Until the owner flew in on her broom and told the guests that it was time to leave, they had to start setting up for the next day. I could understand her rudeness if we were wild, damaged the property, or if we were in any way inappropriate, but the guests she spoke to were sitting quietly in the side room chatting. All she needed to say was "I'm so sorry to interrupt you, but we must ask you to move your party to the inn so that we can begin our preparations for tomorrow." We understand. You are running a business and needed to get going. But there is no excuse for rudeness. Period. End of story.
If you have a wedding here it will be a lovely event, but just be prepared for the owner. She is a shrew.
Oh... and if you stay at the inn... the rooms are beautiful, but NOISY! I would recommend staying off site unless you have earplugs. My parents said they had no hot water in their room, which was not a problem in our room. Not sure what was going on there.

Room Tip: This is tough... the rooms really are beautiful and spacious. Our room was noisy... it sounded like...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank DeanandBeckyRoberts
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We have been to the Inn for many Sunday Brunches.. which is always a treat. Decided to do Mother's Day dinner brunch this year. After a morning at the oulets, we spent a wonderful, pleasant, afternoon at the Inn. As always, from the minute you walk into the Inn, you are greeted with pleasant, smiling faces. We had 2:00 p.m. reservations, and were seated within 10 min. Our waiter Alek, was "The Best" and quite a charmer. The dinner brunch was superb!! All of the food was prepared...not only pleasing to the eye...but everything, as always was so fresh, and tasty. We took dear friends with us this time....and they Loved It!!! Once we finished we enjoyed just walking around the beautiful grounds. Thank you to my husband, and the Stroudsmoor Inn for making my Mother's Day so very, special. We absolutely will be returning. This has become my favorite "go to" special occasion place:-) M.B.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jilson
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Is a good place to have a Family Buffet. Most of the food is good. One thing the Sangria or that's what they said it was. not even close. The main ingredients for the Sangria is red wine and fruits. It was missing both. But again the rest of the service was great. I recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I booked one night at Stroudsmoor for a function the following day at this location. Even though I booked a month in advanced, I was told the only availability was in the Auradell Event Facility where they had recently converted part of the facility to suites. The price was $205 a night plus room taxes. We were given the attic room - suite # 84 up several flights of narrow stairs. These stairs also provided the only entryway and exit. I cannot believe the room meets fire codes.

The room and location of the room were disappointing on so many levels.
To name a few:
- the bed and pillows were VERY uncomfortable
- the room was very dreary, not ambient at all
- the furniture and cabinetry was old, cheap and musty looking
- the room had an outside balcony with older furniture and an umbrella that did not go up
- the only "glasses" in the room were two cheap plastic cups
- there was a refrigerator and sink but no paper towels nor amenities - the cupboards were bare
- the only closet to hang clothes was in the bathroom next to the shower
- since this was an attic room, we had to keep aware to bend over in the bedroom as the sides of the room angled inward
- the TV was small and only received basic channels (nothing over channel 99)
- the morning continental breakfast provided little variety of selections

The staff did not seem at all concerned as to our comments on our stay when we checked out - paying the full price for the night. What they refer to as "quaint" is in reality cheap and old.

So, if you are looking for decent food and clean lodging, I suggest you definitely look elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
12  Thank RoadWarriorFromPA
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I spent the weekend at Stroudsmoor Country Inn for a family wedding. What a fantastic trip! The accommodations, food, and spa were all excellent! I stayed in one of the cottages. The cottage was Very, very clean and spacious and the bed was very comfortable! The food was also very good. What makes this place so special is the attentive and efficient staff. They all where kind, considerate and pleasant. The staff at the spa was friendly and very professional. Can't say enough about the service in general at Stroudsmoor. In fact, I don't have a bad thing to say about the Stroudsmoor Country Inn. I definitely will consider a repeat visit for a weekend get away. Any time of year has to be beautiful at the Inn which is an added plus for a repeat visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cecile M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos

Been to Stroudsmoor Country Inn? Share your experiences!