“Beautiful, restful retreat”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Columbus, Ohio
“Beautiful, restful retreat”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I spent the weekend at Stroudsmoor Country Inn for a friend's wedding. What a fantastic trip! The accommodations, food, and spa were all excellent! I stayed in a Ledgemere Suite. Very, very clean and spacious. The bed was so, so, so comfortable! Great balcony with 2 chairs and a chaise lounge and a spectacular view. Everything I ate in the dining room - from breakfast to lunch to brunch - was delicious and there were so many options. It wasn't my wedding, but I could see how attentive and efficient the event staff were. They thought of everything - even bringing hot appetizers and drinks up to the Woodland Chapel for the wedding party while pictures were being taken. The staff at the spa was friendly and very professional. I don't have a bad thing to say about the Stroudsmoor Country Inn. If I lived closer, it would definitely be a repeat vacation destination.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Carrie F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
poconos, pa
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I didn't stay overnight at the inn, but I had an event in one of their party rooms, the Lawnhaven. I have to say that the event planners know what they're doing, and the entire event went perfectly. The room was set up perfectly and they coordinated well with my outside decorations and DJ. The event planners were so accommodating, even though I changed my mind about having cocktail hour outside (it was too cold) two hours before the event. The staff and servers were very professional, courteous and friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. The food, from the passed around hors d'oeuvres to the desserts were amazing, and plentiful. I heard many compliments all night. I would definitely recommend an event here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We have been to the Stroudsmoor inn a few times for overnight stays (always stay at the LEdgemoor rooms if you can) However this time we just went to the Grand Buffet. Everything was excellant. There was cream of mushroom soup that was fantastic. A variety of breads and rolls (multi-grain, corn muffins, regular rolls, cinnamon bread). Salads of every kind (brocolli, regular, fruit, etc). The fish side had Seafood salad, jumbo shrimp, salmon, some other kind of fish). Entrees were a premivera pasta, meatballs and sausage.chicken saltimboca, breaded pork chops, green beans, rice pilaf, tilapia, the carving station had wings, ham, filet mignon, and roasted potatoes. Everything was delicious. Desserts (which I'm not sure where included in the price since I didn't see the bill) were rice pudding, bread pudding, blueberry pie and a few others I can't remember. dinner for 4 with 4 drinks and 4 desserts with coffee was $181.00 not including tip

Room Tip: If staying there and you can afford it. Stay in the ledgemoor suites. They overlook the valley, ar...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marcab19
Cedarville, New Jersey
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Went up a day early for a wedding on Saturday. Arrived in the afternoon and was able to get right into our suite. My husband and I loved the fact that we were situated directly across from the main inn and just steps from where the wedding would be the next day. The room itself was an old cabin redone. It was small but well kept and comfy with a queen size bed. We decided to sit at the bar for a while waiting to be seated for dinner and loved the atmosphere and conversations with the bartender. I did not realize dinner was a seafood buffet when we were seated. I usually avoid buffets but I found this one enjoyable with lots of well prepared fresh food. I really enjoyed the snow crab legs.Went back to the bar after dinner and stayed a while. The next morning there was fresh coffee and scones available. I took some back to our room until we were ready for breakfast but we were too late to be seated but the staff provided us with scrambled eggs,sausage,potatoes, fruit,coffee,and juice all to go. After we ate we decided to walk around the property.Anyone who stays should make the trip up and see the view at ridgecrest. It's beautiful and a little dizzying. The wedding was held in the woodsgate venue and it was really nice except if your trying to navigate hills in high heels. The service at the wedding was exceptional and even our after party in the bar downstairs was well attended. Sunday morning brought a nice continental breakfast with fresh fruit, yogurt,scones,sweet bread,bagels and cereals. After a quick checkout we were heading back home. I would go back again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Stroudsburg, PA
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been to many Stroudsmoor events and Sunday buffets and am never disappointed. Most recently, I had the pleasure of attending a party in Lawnhaven and the food, from appetizers to desert was heavenly. The detail and pride that is put into each dish is amazing. The servers are professional, warm and courteous. If you are looking to host a gathering or reception, try here first! They even have rental cabins on site that are comfortable, quiet and affordable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Paterson, New Jersey
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were here for my cousin's wedding a few weeks ago and could not have been more impressed with the wedding. From what I could tell from walking the property, they have about 4 large buildings where you can have your wedding...one more beautiful than the next! Everything about the wedding was superb, the food, the flowers, the building, the decor, the staff...just lovely! Our family is still talking about how well every detail was attended to. We could have come up just for the wedding day since we live relatively close, but my husband and I decided to make a long weekend out of it and came up on Friday instead. We arrived around 1pm and tried to check into the hotel a little early. It would have been easier to check into the White House. This absolutely repugnant woman, who introduced herself as "the front desk manager" (I would like to point out also that she never introduced herself by her name and were it not for her name tag, we would not have known it) about seventy-five times informed us that check-in is not until 3 and there was no way to guarantee the room was ready. We were told to come back at 3 because "that's policy". I understand policies, they are in place for a reason. But she could have been a little less abrasive when telling us no...you are in the hospitality industry, learn to be hospitable. We came back at 4, just to be safe, and checked into our room with the same troll that "helped" us the first time. It is beyond me how the owners allow someone like this to represent their company...besides being rude and making us feel like we were being interrogated, her appearance is less than appealing and she really shouldn't be the first person that greets your guests. Later that night, we came back and ate dinner in the restaurant...so delicious! Every kind of seafood you could possibly want and all at your fingertips! The staff in the dining room was fantastic as well. There was a lovely woman with an accent (I think her name was Theresa) that greeted us and welcomed us into the dining room - she immediately engaged us in conversation and made us feel like we were right at home. Kelly waited on us and couldn't have done a better job attending to our needs in such a timely and gracious manner - she recommended some of the featured drinks that weekend, as well as the sangria which is their house specialty...no wonder, it was one of the best I've ever had.

I want so bad to give this place 5 stars, but the way we were spoken to by "the front desk manager" was just ridiculous and it's a shame she puts a tarnish on an otherwise spotless gem in the Poconos.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jerseylady80
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This place is legit. I'm a techie and I like my fair share of amenities, but this is the Poconos. Go outside.
As an all-inclusive place to do weddings/formal events there are many many reasons why different websites keep on giving this place awards. Staff, food, facilities were all outstanding. The fact that everything and everyone needed for an event like a wedding is already in house or on a short list makes planning very easy. If you just let these people do their job, they will let you enjoy your event and take care of every last detail for you.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for. If you pay for the pricey rooms, you will get a huge room. If you go for...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos

Been to Stroudsmoor Country Inn? Share your experiences!