“A Country Wedding”

Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Stroudsburg, PA to attend a wedding at The Lodge at Mountain Springs Lake. We were pleasantly surprised with the accommodations. The rooms were fresh and clean and the staff friendly.

There was a full breakfast bar daily with pancakes, eggs and one breakfast meat. The juice bar was somewhat disappointing because the juice was watered down and flavorless, but overall acceptable. What wasn't acceptable was the price at $218 per night + tax.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cheryl G
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your accommodations. I am sorry that the juice seemed to be watered down, I will definitely look into this so that we can correct this issue for our future Guests and hopefully for your return trip to Stroudsburg should you ever be back in town. Thank you for the review!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Very pleased with the hotel and the staff. I will stay here again. My recommendation is if you want to eat breakfast at the hotel you must arrive to the dining area early. They were completely out of food by 9:30 am. We had to leave the hotel for breakfast. No big deal since both Perkins and McDonalds are less than a 1/2 mile away.

Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank ToddTampa_FL

I am glad to hear you were pleased with your stay! I am sorry about breakfast being that is included in your stay it should have been available to you. The only think I can think of is if you stayed Monday-Friday breakfast ends at 930 am. However if this was a weekend I do apologize. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on business and am normally a Hampton guy. I was not pleased at check in at all as the evening desk clerk was more worried about her cell phone than the customers at the desk. There was a large commercial trash bag completely full of trash that laid in the hallway by the elevator all afternoon and night.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Hutch H

Hi Hutch, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry about your check in experience that is not something typical of my Staff and I have spoken with everyone at the Front Desk that this is unacceptable behavior. The trash is supposed to be taken out every day before Housekeeping leaves for the day and this was obviously an oversight we have also spoken with the Staff on that matter. I hope that should you be back in Stroudsburg you give us another chance to provide you with an outstanding stay. Thanks again for the review!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We spent the night here on 6/21/2013 as part of a family trip and were genuinely impressed by the friendly staff, clean rooms and great breakfast. The pancake machine was a huge hit with my kids. The rooms were extremely nice and spacious and the in-room fridge and microwave much appreciated. We will be back as this is a perfect layover spot for our annual June vacation. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank banjoal

I am very happy to hear you had a wonderful stay at our hotel! Kids do love that pancake machine! Thank you for the wonderful review and we will see you again!!!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Found this hotel after leaving a bad hotel down the road about .5miles . Had no reservation .Stopped in got a price and a upgraded room in about 15 mins . Nice & Clean, Breakfast was included and very good ,Pool was nice , Hot tub is very hot . Would stay here agian . Thank you Front desk for the nice room .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Beverly234
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! See you next time!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stopped in without a reservation. Only room available was the King Suite. The price was very reasonable. The room was very large. We only stayed the night and did not have the opportunity to use the pool. We would have enjoyed staying longer and relaxing. I generally don’t think of a Holiday Inn Express as a place to relax but more of a place to sleep and move on. This was an exception. The cinnamon rolls a breakfast were warm and delicious. Our room was a non-smoking room but the bathroom smelled like a used ashtray. On our way out I mentioned this to the front desk. I was greeted with blank stares from the two young ladies behind the desk. Eventually, they offered to send someone up to febreeze the room. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Momski1620

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay but I apologize about the bathroom smell and the stares from the Front Desk. I will definitely look into that matter. Hopefully next time you can stay a little longer and are able to relax and see more of the Poconos! Thanks again!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed here for two nights having spent the front end of the week at Cape May in a much cheaper motel. Two nights here at the Holiday Inn cost as much as four nights there. On the plus side, the hotel was clean and modern. On the downside: there was no orange juice available at breakfast both mornings, as the dispensing machine was out of order - could they not put some in a jug? I went to the business center to print out my boarding cards only to find - after I'd checked in online - that the printer wasn't working. A notice would have helped! On the plus side, the staff member at customer services logged in as me and sorted this - but I still think that for $200 per night, there should be OJ and the printer should work ...Our room 'creaked' - I don't know if this was the sound of the lift but it was a bit disconcerting. And be warned that the beds are the highest off the ground that I've ever experienced in my 56 years. Finally be warned that the only restaurant in walking distance is a family diner - which is good, but you won't get a beer or wine. This could be an issue if you won't drink and drive - and having been out birdwatching and driving up all day in 98 degree heat, we wanted a beer! We stayed here because of good reviews which I'd generally agree with. But be aware of the caveats.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gale S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

David you for letting us know you had an issue at our Hotel, we are always looking for improvement. Im glad the front desk was able to help you. Please come visit us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg POCONOS
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg P...
#2 of 7 in East Stroudsburg
Best Western Plus Poconos Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!