“Very modern and comfortable”

Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Freedom, Wisconsin
“Very modern and comfortable”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Brand new hotel. Was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Modern decor and the rooms are totally wired for every device you can think of! Bed was very comfy, breakfast was good and staff was very nice. Would definitely stay there again! Also very convenient to I80.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are definitely set up for any technology you might bring with you! I’m glad you were comfortable and enjoyed your stay. See you next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
Annapolis, Md
Reviewed October 11, 2012

WOW...this is definitely the place you want to stay while visiting the Poconos. The staff especially Stacey and Mary are definite assets to Holiday Inn with their professionalism and help in making you feel like you are at home, they both were so knowledgeable of the area. We had an awesome feeling of warm and fuzzy from the time we walked in the door. The decor, the spaciousness of the room, the cookies upon arrival to the delicious variety at breakfast was all super and oh yes the pool was so inviting. Will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the review! I just shared this with Stacey and she knew exactly who wrote it, she was so happy to see it. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, and we will see you next time!
Delphos, Ohio
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I am a tour operator and after looking at all the reviews of the HIE, I knew we were going to have a good experience. The desk staff was already for us even though we should up a half hour earlier than expected. When my wife and I got settled into our room we thought what a fabulous upgrade we must have gotten because we brought them a group. We came to find out that every room was just like ours. The Sales Manager - Melissa O. came out to greet us when we arrived and provided each room with a goody bag courtesy of the CVB. Warm cookies, coffee and cider were available 24/7.

The rooms come equipped with free wifi, a very large flat panel TV, fridge, microwave, seating area with a pull out couch and super comfy pillows and bedding. I have to admit I have stayed in hundreds of hotels, but never before have I seen an indoor pool with suitable apparatus for wheelchair bound travelers. How thoughtful. Two thumbs up for that one!

Room Tip: Our king bed room was immense and very well appointed.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Wow, thank you so much for this fabulous review! I am so glad to hear your Group had a comfortable and pleasant stay. There is nothing we love more then to hear reviews like this one. I hope we see you again your next trip to the Poconos!!
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stay here every month I'm in town for business. The staff is great and the rooms are very comfortable. I don't have a bad thing to say about this place. Restaurants are close by and access to the various highways is great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us! It’s good to hear from one of our regulars! I am so glad you are comfortable at our hotel and you keep choosing to stay with us. See you next time!
Waukesha, WI
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I made a reservation with Holiday Inn central reservations from the road and was told I would get my confirmation by email so I did not write it down. I got to the hotel after driving 10 hours in a uHaul truck and tried to check in. I was told I did not have a reservation in the system. Also, after checking my phone, I realized I did not receive my email confirmation. The person at the desk, Katie, was terrific in trying to help me resolve the problem. She looked at my wife and I who were dead tired, had empathy and offered us a room upgrade from what we had reserved at the same price. I can't thank her enough. We had a great stay. The hotel is beautiful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Steve C
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you so much, I will definitely make sure Katie sees this, posts like this one always make us feel good So glad everything worked out and Katie was able to help. Come see us again soon!!! Thank you for taking the time to write a review!!!
Lindenhurst, New York
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Only stayed 1 night, just a place to rest my head before going to Pocono Raceway for Nascar Driving Experience. Front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating with recommending nearby places to dine. Rooms were very clean and looked like they were just renovated, as did the entire hotel. My wife even pointed out that the stairwells and the carpeting in them was clean. Not a norm in most hotels. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Hot breakfast included pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon. Breakfast area was clean and well stocked. My only fault that I found was that the staff member who was handling the breakfast buffet had a tip cup out by the coffee servers. I personally did not think that was appropriate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank midnitemover
Thank you so much for the review! I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your accommodations. We are actually celebrating our one year anniversary of being open at the end of this month!! Thank you so so much and we hope you stay with us again on your next visit to the Poconos!
New Jersey
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I were attending a wedding in the area and were given the HIE as an option from the Bride and Groom. After some extensive research on Trip Advisor with all of the suggested hotels/Inns, I decided on the HIE. All of the reviews are correct! The King room was huge with a sitting area (couch and coffee table), a desk area and a lounge chair next to the bed. The room and bathroom were very clean and the bed was super comfortable. Although we didn't have the need to take advantage, the sink, microwave and refrigerator were an excellent addition to the usual hotel amenities. And for the price, this place can't be beat! The staff were very friendly as well. What the reviewers say about the breakfast is a bit true.....they do run out of items, but if you're patient, they do come out and restock. And it's free! And it's pretty yummy! All in all, this was a great hotel stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your accommodations, and we do hope to see you again!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!