“great stay”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Weare, New Hampshire
“great stay”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

stayed here on our way home from SD..staff is great.hotel is clean and well maintained..there's a great diner walking distance from hotel for a good meal..will stay again when in the area..this is a newer Holiday Inn in a great location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thanks for the review! I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and Triplet’s diner :) See you next time!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
Tipp City, Ohio
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed here for two nights. Hotel was fairly clean, but it didn't appear that the sheets had been changed in our room, so we asked for new ones just to be on the safe side, which the front desk provided immediately. Other than that, it was fine.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank makrb
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for the review I am very sorry about the sheets situation, all rooms are inspected by the Executive Housekeeper before check in, so I’m honestly not sure what happened here. I do apologize though and I will definitely pass this along and we will follow up! Hopefully if you come through Stroudsburg you will stay with us again, thanks again for the review!
Turnersville, New Jersey USA
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed here for a night with my daughter and two of her friends visiting Camelbeach Waterpark. The hotel was very clean and comfortable beds. Breakfast was nice. Will definitely be returning to this hotel in the winter for skiing.

Room Tip: We had a suite with two queen size beds and a pullout. The room also had a refrigerator which was n...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the review, Camelback is great for skiing; the views are amazing at the top of the mountain. See you this winter!
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I choose the hotel from my car's navigation system and thought a Holiday inn express would be decent and medium priced. We got in at 9:30 PM, the counter was staffed by Stacy, she was checking in a guest, handling 2 guests requests, one for pool towels and one for extra sheets and pillows. I was very impressed with her calm and cheery manor. She gave us a good rate and we were in our rooms quickly. The room was a suite. it was clean and well layed out for work or relaxation.
I would stay here again.
Holiday inn is lucky to have people like Stacy working for them.

Room Tip: Smile and be friendly.Be a good guest. Ask for an upgraded room, corner suite 3rd floor, it is wort...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank paul b
Thank you for the review, I will make sure Stacey sees this, our Guest Service Representatives love getting mentioned in reviews on trip advisor, it really makes us feel good! I’m glad to hear you would stay with us again on a return trip, thanks again and I will pass this on to Stacey!
Maryland
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I visit the Stroudsburg area at least once a year for family functions. Between my family and I, I think we've stayed at most of the AAA rated hotels in the area at least once. The Stroudsburg area is very hit or miss when it comes to balancing the cost vs. the quality of the hotels. Normally my family and I stay at the HJ off 33 since most of the time we're not in the room. When this hotel opened up, we decided to give it a try. It's definitely more expensive than HJ but well worth skipping the damp smokey smell in HJs halls.

PROS: The hotel is very bright and new. The staff was very friendly. I especially appreciated the extra effort the breakfast staff took to fix the automatic pancake machine. The exterior and room doors are opened by proximity key rather than the key slots.The room was huge with a jacuzzi and a shower/bath unit with the toilet! I especially appreciated the television and computer jacks behind the tv.

CONS: The local area is off the beaten path and rather dark at night. That said, a McDonald's and other restaurants off 611 are less than a 5 minute drive. Expensive, but worth a clean room and common area. Didn't quite care for the maid who entered our room even though we had the do not disturb sign on the door when we left for the day. It wasn't really a problem for us since we had all of our valuables out of the room and it was nice to come back to fresh towels and a made bed. But still a little annoying and frustrating having to reset the temperature in the room.

OVERALL: My family and I will fit this hotel into our budget for next year as it is an improvement over the majority of the other hotels we've tried in this area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Annette D
I’m glad to hear your overall stay with us was enjoyable. I do apologize if the Room Attendant entered your room if you had the DND on, that is not common practice for us, and we will definitely be keeping a closer eye on that since it has been mentioned here. Thank you for the review and hopefully we see you on your trip next year!
Southport CT
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stopped here on a trip to the mid-west, a good location just off I-80. The hotel seems to be relatively new and was spotlessly clean - always a plus. Rooms are large with very high ceilings, so they seem even larger. Beds are big and comfortable. The hotel is located right next to a little local ice cream stand - Big Star - try it - they have lots of choices other than ice cream. It seemed to be a popular place in town. The town itself is quite cute and offered several other choices to eat. I would give the hotel 5 stars, however there are a few things that need to be improved - front desk check in was very slow; no refrigerator in the room even though the website said they were in the rooms; and you need a password to get on the internet - that should be unnecessary in this day and age. Free breakfast and a pool but the night we were there the pool was jam packed with a large group of kids. Not exactly a relaxing place to cool off.

I would stay here again though - clean rooms and comfortable beds are the most important.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for the review! I’m glad you found the beds and your accommodations comfortable! Big Star is awesome, we all walk over and treat ourselves to ice cream all summer, and we definitely highly recommend it as well! I am sorry about the slow check in process we try to make check in as easy as possible I do apologize and I will keep an eye on this! The internet is password protected so only our Guests can access it, otherwise anyone would be able to access our Wi-Fi and slow down our servers for our Guests, we certainly do not want that to happen! Thank you again for the review and your feedback, we hope to see you soon!
Yonkers
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We will gladly return here again. We came this time for NASCAR but stayed a second night to go to Bushkill Falla loves the popcorn and cookie treat. We travel a lot and rate you guys very highly. Thank you

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Anthony M
Thank you so much for the great review!! I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay, Katie is really excited about her name on your headline :) Hopefully we see you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!