“Nice hotel”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Turnersville, New Jersey USA
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed here for a night with my daughter and two of her friends visiting Camelbeach Waterpark. The hotel was very clean and comfortable beds. Breakfast was nice. Will definitely be returning to this hotel in the winter for skiing.

Room Tip: We had a suite with two queen size beds and a pullout. The room also had a refrigerator which was n...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for the review, Camelback is great for skiing; the views are amazing at the top of the mountain. See you this winter!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I choose the hotel from my car's navigation system and thought a Holiday inn express would be decent and medium priced. We got in at 9:30 PM, the counter was staffed by Stacy, she was checking in a guest, handling 2 guests requests, one for pool towels and one for extra sheets and pillows. I was very impressed with her calm and cheery manor. She gave us a good rate and we were in our rooms quickly. The room was a suite. it was clean and well layed out for work or relaxation.
I would stay here again.
Holiday inn is lucky to have people like Stacy working for them.

Room Tip: Smile and be friendly.Be a good guest. Ask for an upgraded room, corner suite 3rd floor, it is wort...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank paul b
Thank you for the review, I will make sure Stacey sees this, our Guest Service Representatives love getting mentioned in reviews on trip advisor, it really makes us feel good! I’m glad to hear you would stay with us again on a return trip, thanks again and I will pass this on to Stacey!
Maryland
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I visit the Stroudsburg area at least once a year for family functions. Between my family and I, I think we've stayed at most of the AAA rated hotels in the area at least once. The Stroudsburg area is very hit or miss when it comes to balancing the cost vs. the quality of the hotels. Normally my family and I stay at the HJ off 33 since most of the time we're not in the room. When this hotel opened up, we decided to give it a try. It's definitely more expensive than HJ but well worth skipping the damp smokey smell in HJs halls.

PROS: The hotel is very bright and new. The staff was very friendly. I especially appreciated the extra effort the breakfast staff took to fix the automatic pancake machine. The exterior and room doors are opened by proximity key rather than the key slots.The room was huge with a jacuzzi and a shower/bath unit with the toilet! I especially appreciated the television and computer jacks behind the tv.

CONS: The local area is off the beaten path and rather dark at night. That said, a McDonald's and other restaurants off 611 are less than a 5 minute drive. Expensive, but worth a clean room and common area. Didn't quite care for the maid who entered our room even though we had the do not disturb sign on the door when we left for the day. It wasn't really a problem for us since we had all of our valuables out of the room and it was nice to come back to fresh towels and a made bed. But still a little annoying and frustrating having to reset the temperature in the room.

OVERALL: My family and I will fit this hotel into our budget for next year as it is an improvement over the majority of the other hotels we've tried in this area.

1 Thank Annette D
I’m glad to hear your overall stay with us was enjoyable. I do apologize if the Room Attendant entered your room if you had the DND on, that is not common practice for us, and we will definitely be keeping a closer eye on that since it has been mentioned here. Thank you for the review and hopefully we see you on your trip next year!
Southport CT
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stopped here on a trip to the mid-west, a good location just off I-80. The hotel seems to be relatively new and was spotlessly clean - always a plus. Rooms are large with very high ceilings, so they seem even larger. Beds are big and comfortable. The hotel is located right next to a little local ice cream stand - Big Star - try it - they have lots of choices other than ice cream. It seemed to be a popular place in town. The town itself is quite cute and offered several other choices to eat. I would give the hotel 5 stars, however there are a few things that need to be improved - front desk check in was very slow; no refrigerator in the room even though the website said they were in the rooms; and you need a password to get on the internet - that should be unnecessary in this day and age. Free breakfast and a pool but the night we were there the pool was jam packed with a large group of kids. Not exactly a relaxing place to cool off.

I would stay here again though - clean rooms and comfortable beds are the most important.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for the review! I’m glad you found the beds and your accommodations comfortable! Big Star is awesome, we all walk over and treat ourselves to ice cream all summer, and we definitely highly recommend it as well! I am sorry about the slow check in process we try to make check in as easy as possible I do apologize and I will keep an eye on this! The internet is password protected so only our Guests can access it, otherwise anyone would be able to access our Wi-Fi and slow down our servers for our Guests, we certainly do not want that to happen! Thank you again for the review and your feedback, we hope to see you soon!
Yonkers
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We will gladly return here again. We came this time for NASCAR but stayed a second night to go to Bushkill Falla loves the popcorn and cookie treat. We travel a lot and rate you guys very highly. Thank you

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Anthony M
Thank you so much for the great review!! I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay, Katie is really excited about her name on your headline :) Hopefully we see you soon!
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This hotel is new, brightly decorated and looks very welcoming. First impression walking in -- great!! Front desk greeting, uh none. In fact the whole checking in process was a let down. The women who checked us was surly. I asked what time the pool was open until and was told "the pool doesn't open until 7pm and closes at 10pm it had work done today." No problem. Later that evening around 8pm my husband took 2 of my sons to the pool only to return a short time later. They all had red puffy eyes and were coughing. The stunk of chlorine. If my kids willingly left a pool then I knew it was bad. I couldn't believe how bad there eyes looked and how they were coughing. If the pool had been cleaned that day or there was a problem there should have been a sign stating this. We were not the only people that noticed that the pool was not chlorinated correctly. Went to get them in the shower and there were no towels. Husband headed down to the front desk and was told they only had 2 bath towels to give us. Not great! 2 adults and 3 kids in the room. (same surly front desk woman.) Breakfast was wonderful. No issues there. Clean, food was well stocked and friendly attendant at breakfast. Returned from a day out and still have only two towels and now the additional bedding we use to make up the pull out was missing. Back to front desk and was told they don't have the extra bedding and just gave us two sheets. So we had to use the blankets from the bed in the room. They also had no extra towels to give us. I should mention both these trips to the front desk were between 8-9pm not in the middle of the night. This could possibly be just a housekeeping issue but it was frustrating and not one apology was given. Overall this is a nice hotel. The price was right and we booked the larger room and was surprised how much more room this suite has compared to other comparable hotels. The breakfast was great. Beds were comfortable and the room felt clean. I did not rate this hotel 4 stars because I don't feel my experience was "very good" I do feel better than average and would most likely give this hotel another stay. It was very close to Camel Beach, Bushkill Falls and other Pocono attractions. I hope they fix their pool and housekeeping issues. Also I rarely mention in reviews if I meet an employee with less than stellar service or attitude as I believe everyone has a bad day, however since we had to deal with this employee more than once and every time we were greeted with a bad attitude I felt I should mention it especially since it was the front desk... ie first impression.

3 Thank MommaChelle
Gale S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time on of your vacation to write about our hotel.I am hoping we get another chance to show you how special our hotel is.Please call me 570-872-9045 so we can discuss the problems you might have had.
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Fantastic service. Highly recommend to anyone going to the Poconos. The rooms were very clean and the employees were incredibly courteous. I couldn't find a better place to stay in the mountains. I've run out of things to say other than everythIng was really, really, really, really nice. Including the overall experience of. Ring in the mountains

• Stayed July 2012
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you soooo much!!! I’m so happy you enjoyed your stay and the mountains  We appreciate the great review and come see us again!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!