“Comfortable stay”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Southport CT
“Comfortable stay”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stopped here on a trip to the mid-west, a good location just off I-80. The hotel seems to be relatively new and was spotlessly clean - always a plus. Rooms are large with very high ceilings, so they seem even larger. Beds are big and comfortable. The hotel is located right next to a little local ice cream stand - Big Star - try it - they have lots of choices other than ice cream. It seemed to be a popular place in town. The town itself is quite cute and offered several other choices to eat. I would give the hotel 5 stars, however there are a few things that need to be improved - front desk check in was very slow; no refrigerator in the room even though the website said they were in the rooms; and you need a password to get on the internet - that should be unnecessary in this day and age. Free breakfast and a pool but the night we were there the pool was jam packed with a large group of kids. Not exactly a relaxing place to cool off.

I would stay here again though - clean rooms and comfortable beds are the most important.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for the review! I’m glad you found the beds and your accommodations comfortable! Big Star is awesome, we all walk over and treat ourselves to ice cream all summer, and we definitely highly recommend it as well! I am sorry about the slow check in process we try to make check in as easy as possible I do apologize and I will keep an eye on this! The internet is password protected so only our Guests can access it, otherwise anyone would be able to access our Wi-Fi and slow down our servers for our Guests, we certainly do not want that to happen! Thank you again for the review and your feedback, we hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
Yonkers
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We will gladly return here again. We came this time for NASCAR but stayed a second night to go to Bushkill Falla loves the popcorn and cookie treat. We travel a lot and rate you guys very highly. Thank you

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Anthony M
Thank you so much for the great review!! I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay, Katie is really excited about her name on your headline :) Hopefully we see you soon!
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This hotel is new, brightly decorated and looks very welcoming. First impression walking in -- great!! Front desk greeting, uh none. In fact the whole checking in process was a let down. The women who checked us was surly. I asked what time the pool was open until and was told "the pool doesn't open until 7pm and closes at 10pm it had work done today." No problem. Later that evening around 8pm my husband took 2 of my sons to the pool only to return a short time later. They all had red puffy eyes and were coughing. The stunk of chlorine. If my kids willingly left a pool then I knew it was bad. I couldn't believe how bad there eyes looked and how they were coughing. If the pool had been cleaned that day or there was a problem there should have been a sign stating this. We were not the only people that noticed that the pool was not chlorinated correctly. Went to get them in the shower and there were no towels. Husband headed down to the front desk and was told they only had 2 bath towels to give us. Not great! 2 adults and 3 kids in the room. (same surly front desk woman.) Breakfast was wonderful. No issues there. Clean, food was well stocked and friendly attendant at breakfast. Returned from a day out and still have only two towels and now the additional bedding we use to make up the pull out was missing. Back to front desk and was told they don't have the extra bedding and just gave us two sheets. So we had to use the blankets from the bed in the room. They also had no extra towels to give us. I should mention both these trips to the front desk were between 8-9pm not in the middle of the night. This could possibly be just a housekeeping issue but it was frustrating and not one apology was given. Overall this is a nice hotel. The price was right and we booked the larger room and was surprised how much more room this suite has compared to other comparable hotels. The breakfast was great. Beds were comfortable and the room felt clean. I did not rate this hotel 4 stars because I don't feel my experience was "very good" I do feel better than average and would most likely give this hotel another stay. It was very close to Camel Beach, Bushkill Falls and other Pocono attractions. I hope they fix their pool and housekeeping issues. Also I rarely mention in reviews if I meet an employee with less than stellar service or attitude as I believe everyone has a bad day, however since we had to deal with this employee more than once and every time we were greeted with a bad attitude I felt I should mention it especially since it was the front desk... ie first impression.

3 Thank MommaChelle
Gale S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time on of your vacation to write about our hotel.I am hoping we get another chance to show you how special our hotel is.Please call me 570-872-9045 so we can discuss the problems you might have had.
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Fantastic service. Highly recommend to anyone going to the Poconos. The rooms were very clean and the employees were incredibly courteous. I couldn't find a better place to stay in the mountains. I've run out of things to say other than everythIng was really, really, really, really nice. Including the overall experience of. Ring in the mountains

• Stayed July 2012
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you soooo much!!! I’m so happy you enjoyed your stay and the mountains  We appreciate the great review and come see us again!!
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed for one night on our way to a campground. What a pleasant surprise! From the young woman at the front desk (cant remember her name... Stacey??), to the lobby, rooms, breakfast, and price, EXCELLENT!!!!! Wonderful stay, wish we stayed longer!

Room Tip: Great choice, if you stop at a visitor's center/rest stop the have coupon books for this hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for the great review I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, I hope you come back and see us next time you are in Stroudsburg. It always makes our day when we get mentioned by our Guests in these posts, I will let her know!! Thank you again!
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Visiting family in the Poconos Area for a few days we stayed at a hotel on Rte 611 (DON'T DO IT!!1)

First, just let me say THANK YOU for the double suite upgrade. Whether it was from being a Gold Member, being military or just because the hotel had space, I am GRATEFUL they were able to accomodate us on such short notice. My family and I had stayed at the same local hotel as "Lifesaver" and their review of that hotel was NO LIE.

Back to the BEST hotel chain ever... We checked in shortly after 3pm (1500 for us military folks), were warmly greeted and first difference was in how the lobby smelled... NO CIGARETTE SMELL! My husband and I were told thank you for being gold members, and given our choice of treats from this HUGE basket of goodies along with two bottles of water. Our room was on the 4th floor but that was good because it's further away from the noise. Our room was GORGEOUS, so clean, so inviting and just what I expected from the Holiday Inn. Plates, cups, CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN bathroom, beds, EVERYTHING was PERFECT and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel if ever you need a stress free rest for you and your family. THANKS AGAIN FOR A JOB WELL DONE HOLIDAY INN!

Room Tip: Direct hotel number is 570-872-9040, just in case you can't find it. :)
1 Thank Shavonne M
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thanks for the great review! I am so glad you and your family had a great stay and we hope you have the opportunity to come back and visit us again. Thank you so much for all the positive feedback we sincerely appreciate it! Holiday Inn brand family hotels really are great places to stay, thanks again!
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Holiday inn is great don't book with expedia rip off plus when we got there with a confirmation we had no room.expedia charge 845 dollars for 2bef room suite that never was .Thank GOd the receptionist gave us a room being we drove in from NY with our kids and all.The room was nice and way cheaper with a pull ou couch queen size.

• Stayed July 2012
Thanks for the review, glad you liked the room and I apologize with the problems you experienced with your reservation, glad the receptionist got it straightened out for you! Come see us again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!