“Wonderful experience”

Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Our visit was short but sweet and well worth the money. Staff was pleasant , breakfast was warm and surprisingly good. Pool temperature was a bit nippy but very clean. Room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. Let's not forget the complimentary Ice tea and and delicious cookies (that made our night). We also enjoyed the location of the hotel though it was a bit out of the way the upside to this was not having large crowds. We will definitely book again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gen329
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for the review, I’m glad you enjoyed yourself and the cookies :) Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

When booking a weekend get away to the Poconos, we were attracted to this "downtown" hotel, "close" to local attractions, including the water park, etc.

Well, this hotel is in a terrible and out-of-the-way and run down corner of Stroudsburg. I wouldn't feel comfortable walking a block!

Also, many things are broken or out of order! While going to our room we started counting the "sorry" and "out of order" signs.

There are many better places to stay. This certainly doesn't feel like the Poconos!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Erethel

Hello, I am very sorry to hear about your experience with us. If you could call me at the hotel directly and let me know what was broken or out of order that affected your stay I will do my best to take action on those items and try and correct for you what was unsatisfactory on your final bill, unless the Front Desk has already done so. Although we are on West Main Street in Stroudsburg we are within two to three minutes of Downtown Stroudsburg, the local mall, as well as lots of restaurants and attractions. We have two eateries that are within walking distance. The Front Desk typically offers a local recommended restaurant list as well as an attractions list with directions from the hotel. I do apologize if you did not receive those at check in. Again, I would be more than happy to speak with you regarding your stay and you can call the hotel direct at 570-872-9040.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in January 2012 and were happy with the accomodations. The rooms and pool area were clean and the hotel also offers a free hot and cold breakfest. The hotel location is also a quick drive to the town which offers some shopping and various restaurant
choices.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Glad you enjoyed your stay, come see us again, thank you for the great review!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Well what a unprofessional attitude by the front desk. Well here I go. I checked in Thursday afternoon and I am told my reservation for two queen beds is ready. I explained to the girl that I have a confirmed reservation for a king suite which I paid $149 Thursday $169 Friday $169 Saturday and $149 Sunday and showed her my printout. After she was given my name, she actually tried given me somebody else’s room being we had similar names, so she claims. Maybe staff should try asking for the spelling or reservation numbers. Anyway, she told me my actual room was already ready, after she made us wait for the wrong reservation, but she claimed there are no chocolates and water for the room, as I was suppose to receive being a priority member. My name was not even on the welcome board, like other priority members were. At that point I just wanted my room. Later that evening my wife and I could not get into our room because of a problem with the key card. I go down to the front desk and tell the same girl the issue. After her programming the card again, I said thank you and her reply “YEP“. So unprofessional. Management reflection. In all we had to get our room key reprogrammed 4 times during our stay. I am sure I will get the same response by the person who answers theses posts saying if you bring the issues to their attention they will try to make it up. How many times do we have to bring problems to the front desks attention before they view it as “Notified?” Yea right, lets see if you do try to make it up. Try me. The room was not vacuumed the whole stay.. FACT! I will stay, the gentlemen who do the maintenance, I think, were very polite and helpful, making sure the pool towels were stocked and asking us if we needed anything, even trying to help with the key problem and being wonderful saying good morning every day.. This morning grossed my wife and I out, one of the girls who was in charge of the breakfast was going back and forth spray cleaning the tables with chemicals and handling the food, back and forth, and was wearing the same cleaning gloves for both in sight of the guests without a second thought of cross contamination and how those cleaning supplies on her gloves were getting on the food, possibly making guests sick. Another health concern in the iced tea in the lobby. Our entire stay it sat there in warm temperatures and they just kept filling up what was left there from the day before. I never saw it emptied and cleaned once and the health department really needs to look into this places food and beverage practices before someone gets seriously ill. It’s a good hotel with some bad practices and problems it shouldn’t be having. Gave it a one because management failed!

Room Tip: Read my entire post.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Hereitis

Hello, I am very sorry to hear about your experience. If you could contact me at the hotel directly because I would really like some more information about who the associates in the breakfast area as well as the Front Desk Representative you wrote about. That behavior is not something I condone, and if I knew who they were we would be able to investigate the situation further. My number here at the hotel is 570-872-9040. Again I'm very sorry and I hope to have the opportunity to correct these issues.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I would definitely recommend this HI Express. It's a very new property, which is the primary reason it's so nice. Easy access to interstate, nice beds, bathroom as expected, good selection of TV channels, friendly staff, variety of restaurants nearby and a nice little town to stroll the streets for an hour or so. Not a lot of attractions nearby, so this would not be a destination, but good for a night on your way to somewhere. Rather pricey - was really surprised at the rates. Don't know if that's because of the general location near Poconos, or possibly because it's so new. Only issue we has was the breakfast service was clearly not prepared to provide enough food to handle a full hotel. There were a number of soccer teams in town and the food got cleaned out rather quickly. I asked if there were additional eggs being made, was told there were, waited about 10 minutes and finally gave up and went back to my room. Typical breakfast fare, nice staff, but not enough.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RealtorNumber1
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Thank you for your review! I am sorry about what you experienced at breakfast, our location in this part of the Poconos is host to a lot of soccer and baseball tournaments over the summer and we know now we need extra people on when there is a big tournament for breakfast, so next time you visit you should not experience that again! I’m glad to hear you liked your room. Please come see us again and hopefully you will be able to experience all our Pocono Mountain attractions such as Camel Beach, The Crossings Factory Outlet, Delaware Water Gap, Bushkill Falls, Mt Airy Casino and much more!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

This Holiday Inn Express is brand new so is clean and sparkling. Excellently placed, it is two minutes from the I80 which can take you into the Pocono mountains in a short time. The Tankerville outlet stores are six miles away jup the I80. There is a small mall with a cinema in Stroudsburg. The best and biggest attraction is the Camelback Mountain water resort with numerous slides and such (which we didn't use but it looked very popular). We opted for a trip to the top of Camelback Mountain and the views from there are stupendous. On a fine day you can see as far as the Finger Lakes but watch out for the biting bugs - when you feel the bite, it's too late! The location of the hotel is a bit strange, next door to a car service unit but it's only a minute's drive to the restaurants and the town.

Room Tip: They arell good.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Borodog
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a Great review,come visit us again next time in the area.

Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

We are so pleased we chose this hotel for our exploring trip. We spent two nights in a two queen bed suite with our 8 and 10 tear old. Room was super clean and spacious. The lobby is clean with plenty of seating area. They have a small indoor pool but we did not use it. Breakfast was fine, bagels, yogurt, cereal and something hot. Go one mile down main street and you will come to downtown stroudsburg with plenty of shopping and great food. Only 10 minutes to Camelbeach and Bushkill Falls. Great stay!

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

So glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay! Thank you for the review and we hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 7 in East Stroudsburg
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 7 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!