“Not French enough”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N 5th St.
Description: Le Persil Bistro is a BYOB (Bring Your Own Bottle) establishment, located right across the street of the Sherman Theater, in the heart of historic downtown Stroudsburg. Our menu includes typical French dishes such as Salade d'endives et poires, Coquilles Saint-Jacques au beurre blanc, Steak frites with bearnaise sauce, Boeuf Bourguignon a la Ancienne, Coq au Vin, Crepes Suzette and avec des fruits, Creme Brulee and much more. Reservations for dinner are strongly recommended for Fridays and Saturdays. We invite you to experience the flavors of traditional French cuisine in a happy and relaxed atmosphere.
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is supposed to be a French restaurant, but aside from onion soup and beef bourguignon, the menu didn't seem too French. The beef bourguignon did not have a very hearty sauce.
Grilled salmon was cooked perfectly, however, Dessert crepe was just OK. Service was amateurish - we were the only people in the restaurant on a week night. Oh - bring your own bottle of wine - glasses are provided. Very strange Pennsylvania liquor laws.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

wed night 6pm. I was the only patron in the restaurant the entire time I was there. I had the butternut squash soup and broiled mahi (i think that is what is was, i forget and their website is not up to double check). Soup was nice, maybe a bit on the bland side. The fish dish was better, again maybe a bit on the bland side. I didn't mind the lack of seasoning because it lent to me feeling like i was eating a nice healthy good for me meal. I generally do not add salt or pepper to my dishes. The servers were nice but need some serious training. The prices were ok, maybe a tad bit on the high side considering the lack of service. The servers just did not seem knowledgeable of the dishes, preparation or high end service at all. In any case, I look forward to trying them again.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We were the only customers in the restaurant, which was too bad, because the food was pretty decent. The Coq au Vin was pretty good, albeit a bit dry; the risotto was nice and creamy, if a little boring. The desserts have an interesting component; some of the best-looking ones have to be ordered 24 hours in advance. The chocolate mousse was to die for, if you love chocolate, although it could have used whipped cream.

1  Thank Jennifer G
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

We wandered in very late on a Friday night with our two children. All of us famished. Everything we ordered was excellent and we left clean plates :)
We had: French onion soup, haricot very, roasted beet salad, chicken fracese, steak, and vegetable rissotto. Oh and a crepe for desert. The bread and butter were also good! We were the only ones there so service was fine.

1  Thank joanamac
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is a very pleasant and very small restaurant (about 10 tables) in a cute storefront. I had a really good beet and blue cheese salad with almonds and crisped leek bits; then a salmon filet which was good but a bit boring - nothing special in the seasoning or presentation.

They make a big point of how it's BYOB - which is good, thanks for letting me know. So I arrive with my bottle of wine, and at that point I was the only customer. The waitress seemed very confused by the wine bottle. She brought out a corkscrew and glass. I said "Should I open it myself?" -- not to be snotty, I just don't know how this works. She took the bottle and corkscrew away and came back with it opened (presumably by somebody who knew what they were doing). She was very sweet but it seemed like it might be her first night on the job.

Very nice ambience, suave music playing quietly (mostly French chansonnier type stuff but a bit eclectic - Sinatra, big band).