“Good food, friendly but amateurish service - BYOB”
Review of Le Persil Bistro - CLOSED

Le Persil Bistro
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N 5th St.
Description: Le Persil Bistro is a BYOB (Bring Your Own Bottle) establishment, located right across the street of the Sherman Theater, in the heart of historic downtown Stroudsburg. Our menu includes typical French dishes such as Salade d'endives et poires, Coquilles Saint-Jacques au beurre blanc, Steak frites with bearnaise sauce, Boeuf Bourguignon a la Ancienne, Coq au Vin, Crepes Suzette and avec des fruits, Creme Brulee and much more. Reservations for dinner are strongly recommended for Fridays and Saturdays. We invite you to experience the flavors of traditional French cuisine in a happy and relaxed atmosphere.
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is a very pleasant and very small restaurant (about 10 tables) in a cute storefront. I had a really good beet and blue cheese salad with almonds and crisped leek bits; then a salmon filet which was good but a bit boring - nothing special in the seasoning or presentation.

They make a big point of how it's BYOB - which is good, thanks for letting me know. So I arrive with my bottle of wine, and at that point I was the only customer. The waitress seemed very confused by the wine bottle. She brought out a corkscrew and glass. I said "Should I open it myself?" -- not to be snotty, I just don't know how this works. She took the bottle and corkscrew away and came back with it opened (presumably by somebody who knew what they were doing). She was very sweet but it seemed like it might be her first night on the job.

Very nice ambience, suave music playing quietly (mostly French chansonnier type stuff but a bit eclectic - Sinatra, big band).

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Good food, friendly service, BYOB....it's tucked into a little storefront on Main St in Stroudsburg. The food is good - particularly the sauces ~ good salads & soups to. Stop in for lunch or dinner!

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Stumbled upon this restaurant today, and what a lucky find! Beautiful food with beautiful favors. I traveled all over France, but the flavors a textures of the coq au van danced in my mouth! Thr butternut squash soup was ridiculously fresh and smooth like slik. Dessert, it too was wonderful. Friend and I had 3 course meal each =$77, and I food left over for another dinner.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

We had dinner reservations for 6 people. When we arrived they said that they were behind in the kitchen and would be with us soon. This restaurant is a BYOB. We brought our own wine and beer and were never offfered a chilling stand. It took us 15 minutes to even get 1 glass of water. We were never even offered non alcholic drinks nor bread. Prior to oredering We were give a list of the many of the menu items were sold out for the evening and it was only 6:45pm. Several of us had to make 3 choices before we found somethng that hadn't run out. We didn't get to place our orders for nearly an hour, as we waited with warm beer and wine. It took over two hours to get our appetizers. Dinner did not arrive until after 9:30pm. Half of the food was excellent the other half either mediocre or bland. Portions were small, prices high. There was only one waitress for the entire restaurant and she was so overwhelmed. This is absolutely not somewhere we would go again!

1  Thank snsdor
Reviewed August 11, 2011

My husband and I went here for our anniversary dinner and were quite happy with our experience! The waitress was friendly and the food was amazing! I definately suggest this resturant if you are looking for some authentic French food in the Poconos!!! I have been to Paris quite a few times and this little bistro rivals with authentic Parisan bistros!!

1  Thank KellyGirl2011