Tripadvisor

Review of La Tolteca

La Tolteca
Ranked #53 of 124 Restaurants in Stroudsburg
Reviewed January 21, 2020

we have visited la tolteca many times in wilkes barre and enjoyed itenough to be glad they opened this one up locally.So far we had a family event here and an anniversary night dinner.( No I am not cheap but could not get resevations at upstate NY resort because it was MLK week and will go next week to celebrate our 52nd yep 52 anniversary) So we had to decide locally and since we found everything so good last time it was off to here. It was fabulous, Maybe you like different food but to us perfect. This decor is much more pleasent then WB and the servers top notch, food plentiful and reasonable. It is now our go to place and top place in the area.Thanks La Tolteca will see you many times before 53. Loved our Dominican waitress,

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (27)

Reviewed December 31, 2019

Arrived at 6:30. Placed order at . :42. Four people total. Ordered 3 tortilla soups for first course. It took 40 minutes to get the soups. The restaurant was less than 1/3 full. not busy at all. When the soup arrived, it was luke warm. Asked them to take it back and reheat. After 10 minutes, the soup arrived again. Temperature this time was ok. Soup was watery. My wife and one of my daughters shared the molcajete which they liked. i ordered the carnitas which was not something I would order again. The online menu states that the carnitas are cubed pork. That was not the case. The pork was very dry served with the normal beans and rice. Ordered two beers for my wife and myself. After 10 minutes, we were still waiting. I went to the bar and asked the bartender for the beer and he delivered. our waitress was rude and not at all worth leaving a tip which I did not.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 8, 2019 via mobile

Wonderful food with terrific service! We will come back to try more of their dishes! You need to share if you plan on having dessert.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank 560marilyne
Reviewed October 23, 2019

Good food, good fun. I stopped in after work and was welcomed and seated immediately. I was alone but got as much attention as the table of 10 across from my booth. They took my drink order as soon as I was seated and provided me with an order of chips and salsa that I thought were quite good. It was a Thursday and there was a Mariachi group roaming about the restaurant. I wasn't sure what I wanted so I went to the Create your own platter section. I opted for the two item plate and got tacos and a Chile relleno. The platter came with refried beans and rice. There was plenty of food and it was delicious. (picture).

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank Honchasaurus
Reviewed September 30, 2019

We watched with great anticipation for the opening of LaTolteca in Stroudsburg. We were even so excited to go, we took the trip to Wilkes Barre to try their restaurant there. The table side guacamole was to die for but the meal was just so-so... We chalked to up to ordering poorly. When they opened, we waited a few weeks so that they could work the bugs out. When we went we were seated right away. But, bugs out or not, service was poor. We waited quite a while before asking another server to see where our server was. That server never checked back with us. We then waited again before I got up and asked the hostess. Evidently we were seated at a table that didn't have a server. We ordered immediately when the server did arrive and drinks came right away. We ordered the table side guacamole and the young man who came to make the table side guac told us that it was his first day and he muddled through. In fairness, the avocados this year have been very hit and miss in flavor and ripeness. The avocado wasn't ripe and it was bitter, chunky and hard. No amount of doctoring could revive it. It should have never been served but he didn't know any better and we let it sit. We told our server, who apologized, and then took the rest of our order, I ordered cheese enchiladas and my wife ordered chicken fajitas. The enchiladas we undercooked with the cheese not even melted and the chicken was rubbery and tasteless.

We asked for the check and left. Never going back.
Never going back