“Anniversary Escape”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stroudsburg
Cherry Valley Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Stroudsburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 14, 2012

This is a Beautiful and Tranquil B & B. The house is beautiful and our room "Royal Treatment Suite" was done in victorian style, the bed was very comfortable and so were the pillows and with the windows open we could hear the water fountain from the pond in the back yard. Very relaxing atmophere. We were treated like family the minute we arrived until we left. We recommend the Cherry Valley Manor B & B. We hope to visit again in the future.

Room Tip: Any room would be a good choice.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Following our two night stay we reflected on the beautiful spacious room ,over the top bathroom , deck with a hot tub and the cleanliness and attention to detail. The grounds are manicured and our hosts were attentive and gracious. The breakfasts were filling and delecious. Stan and Julia made us feel like family , the quiet natural experience of sitting in the hot tub and gazing at the stars left a memory we will not soon forget.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem very spacious and very well appointed!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sashapits
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I wanted to treat my boyfriend to a getaway for Valentine's Day, and I could not find one place that fit what I was looking for. When I came across Cherry Valley Manor, I knew right away. My instincts were right and we had a wonderful time. The room was bright and comfortable. The bathroom was beautiful and there was a great deep tub for relaxing in. We felt very welcome and when the morning came, we could not wait for breakfast. It was delicious. Julia is a wonderful cook, and both she and Stan were wonderful hosts. I would tell anyone who is looking for a B&B to go here!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Rainbow room, and it was just as comfortable and quiet as staying in any of the oth...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brittni W
Reviewed February 22, 2012

From the moment we stepped in the house we were treated like family. Stan and Julia were very friendly and went out of their way to accomadate our every request. The bed was big and comfortable, the sheets and comforters were very soft and the room was warm. You could also control the heat if you needed a change in temperature. The bathroom was huge, as big as the room. His and her robes, which were very soft and comfortable. A stand up shower, two sinks and a nice sized jacuzzi make this room perfect for any couple to enjoy a romantic weekend. Also, the breakfasts Julia made were delicious and kept coming. We were beyond full when we got up from the table. Cherry Valley Manor is worth every penny and more, especially when compared to the outrageous prices most other places charge in the poconos.

Room Tip: Choose the Royal Treatment suite. The bathroom alone is worth it.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Righteous A
Reviewed January 21, 2012

we went there 3 times.it is the most beautiful,clean and quiet place where you can feel like at the real home.Nice green area with forest around and great atmosphere assure a great relax.Rooms are big,bright with a beautiful fournitures (high standard).Words can not express how delicious are their breakfasts.Owners are very nice and warm people.we are very happy that we found this place and met Stan and Julia.
ela i lukasz

Room Tip: all rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank lukaszosika
Reviewed January 15, 2012

My husband and I have never been away alone together. This was our ONE night to get away from the hustle and bustle of daily life, including work and our two small children...one of which is 6 months old, and not yet sleeping through the night. So, I wanted to love this place so much, that initially I did. Now that I am home, however, and have thought more about our experience, there were some things that I didn't like.

The house was beautiful, and easy to find. Our room, the sleeping beauty suite, was very nice and quite clean. From the moment we arrived, I did feel as though we were imposing, and that we were, sort of, unwanted guests. Now, this could be true of all bed and breakfast facilities, because you're staying in someone's home. So, I guess that could have been true of any B&B. We were asked to take our shoes off at the door and put slippers on, which is understandable for the sake of the carpets. But, when we were shown to our room and Julia was showing us how to use the hot tub, she looked at me and said, "Do you have a hair net to wear in here, for your hair?". I understand her not wanting my long, thick hair clogging up her hot tub. But, I am away for a romantic night with my husband - and now I have to wear a hair net in the hot tub? (Side note about the hot tub - there is no step stool or anything to get in and out. This made things particularly difficult in 10 degree weather...you know, you're wet and cold and fumbling just to get out of the thing without breaking your face on the deck).

Anyway...we did request wine & champagne glasses in the room. However, had we not requested them, there wouldn't have been any glasses provided at all. There were also not refreshments (ie: bottled water) provided in the room. So, had I not requested the wine glasses, I wouldn't have had a vessel to drink tap water from the bathroom sink out of. We were parched, and didn't think we needed to bring bottled water with us. We were wrong.

The bed was not so luxurious - in fact, we both woke up sore. The mattress itself was quite hard. We are accustomed to a plush tempurpedic, so I suppose someone who prefers a firm mattress would have been fine. But, if you don't prefer firm, this isn't the bed for you. The sheets were beautiful, but not as "soft and luxurious" as advertised.

When the morning came, there was a contractor there at 8am, doing work on the room directly beneath us - which looked like a garage, but perhaps they are converting it into another room? Either way, I don't think it was appropriate for a contractor to be banging around at 8am on a Saturday when the couple just above had paid $210 for the night, so they could SLEEP IN - something we haven't been able to do at home with the baby in a long time. In fact, sleeping in was one of the main purposes of getting away for the night, so I do sort of feel like I didn't get what I paid for. We made it clear that we had kids at home, needed to get away, sleep in, etc - and they scheduled a contractor for 8am. The more I think about it, the more I write, I am a little angry...I didn't get what I paid for.

Breakfast was good, but there was too much pepper in the potato pancakes. Sour cream would have cut it perfectly, but I was afraid to ask for any...since again, you don't feel like a paying customer, you feel like a guest in someone's home. Not a good feeling, to not want to ask for sour cream, when you paid $210 to stay for less than 24 hours. Again, this is probably a feeling I would have had at any B&B, but still. The pancakes were served with some sort of lunch meat (turkey, maybe), and it was cold. SO, hot potato pancakes on a plate with cold lunch meat. She also served an appetizer of spinach in pastry, and a dessert of apple turnover....those were delish.

The thing that annoyed me most, though...and I didn't even realize it until I got home, was that after we ate breakfast, the owner asked us to fill out a survey for bedandbreakfast.com, WHILE WE WERE STILL SITTING AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE. It was like writing a review under duress. We still had to finish our coffee, go back to our room, get our things, etc. Of course I didn't want to write anything negative. It would have been one thing if it was left in the room, and I could write an honest review without having to see them on my way out. But, I suppose perhaps that is why they ask for the review at that point?

Anyway, don't get me wrong. The place was beautiful, the people were nice...everything was clean, etc. But, there was a lot to be annoyed about, too.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Kelly H
CherryValleyManor, Manager at Cherry Valley Manor, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

We appreciate the guest's feedback. It appears that there were a few things that were misunderstood and need clarifying.

We advise our guests to use warm hats, when they go into the hot tub in freezing temperature, not hair nets, caps or bonnets. It is a health concern, not hygiene.

The house is equipped with a sophisticated water filtration system, which makes tap water perfectly potable. There is an array of glasses at guests' disposal.

The linens used in the room were from a luxury hotel collection by Ralph Lauren. The guests also enjoyed down pillows and comforter. The firmness of mattress is an individual preference.

The repair man that arrived on Saturday morning came upon our emergency call after we discovered a leak. We did not have him start his work until all the guests were up and having breakfast. We are sincerely sorry about any convenience this might have caused - it was a necessary measure.

The review form was offered to the guests when the meal was over and was meant to be filled out at their convenience, or not at all. Guests were alone in the dining room free to linger or leave - as they pleased.

As for the 'value' concern, the spacious, tastefully decorated, impeccably clean suite offers a beautiful view and is equipped with a king-size bed with a new mattress and luxury linens, brand new, plush leather love seat and arm chair, TV, DVD, WiFi, fireplace, a shower with a massaging panel, luxury bath robes, towel warmers, a private deck, a hot tub heated to 103F in freezing weather. All of this is situated in an elegant, unique house, within minutes from countless attractions. Most B&Bs offer breakfast from 9 to 10 to everyone and you have to get up if you do not want to miss it. We serve one couple at a time from 8 to 11 at the hour that each of them requests. We offer our guests the best possible rate for a package this personal and luxurious.

We hope this clarifies any possible misunderstandings.

The management

Reviewed November 7, 2011

My wife and I were looking for the perfect place to spend a romantic weekend and we found it. Julia and Stan and the perfect hosts, very personable and make delicious breakfasts to fit your morning schedule. Their home is elegantly furnished but also warm and inviting. The jacuzzi in the Royal Treatment Suite was the perfect place to relax after our hike to the top of Mt Minsi and back. It was a wonderful weekend and we're already looking for an excuse to go back.

Room Tip: The Royal Treatment suite is large and offers a double jacuzzi in the beautifully tiled and appointe...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AlpedHuez_11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
#5 of 8 in Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop
Crescent Lodge & Country Inn

Been to Cherry Valley Manor? Share your experiences!