“comfort all the way”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
marlton
“comfort all the way”
Reviewed December 24, 2010

this is the only place i would stay in the area when i visit my son (his dad lives with him and we are divorced ) as it is clean, modern, safe, and very accomadating. The common area was decorated beautifully with a christmas tree, fireplace, and comfortable couches. The young man that checked me in was friendly and helpful. breakfast the next day was more than i expected & hot. This is definetly my place to stay when i visit, and my husband & I choice to stay when we travel anywhere else! Great job Stroudsburg PA Hampton Inn !! You are the BEST!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank caringrn04

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 30, 2010

Stayed at this hotel due to location of a business meeting. Hotel is located in a residential area. Arrived at the hotel and check was quick and efficient. The lobby and breakfast area were very nice and tastefully decorated.

I arrived at my room and entered and was disappointed in what I received. Being a frequent business traveler I always use the desk/work area. This room did not have a desk. Strike number one. I had to work from the bed. If you view the pictures you will note a missing piece of furniture, I assume a desk was once in the room. The wireless internet was adequate.

The room was small; the carpet showed some age and the furniture was a bit worn. Inspection of the bathroom revealed a clean bit not well stocked area. Only two bath towels and 2 wash cloths were present. A refrigerator was in the room but no microwave. It appears the microwave was removed but not replaced. The couch was adequate. The bed was clean and comfortable and I had no issues with sleep. I also found the hotel to be quiet with no outside noise.

No flat screen TV and no high definition. Good selection of channels, 98 to be exact. Breakfast was what you would expect from this chain of hotels.

Would I stay here again...no, I would definitely check out other hotels in the area before coming back. Would I recommend...if the price was lower yes but the price is just too high for my recommendation. This was an average Hampton Inn with a high price $146.17, way too high for location and the lack of amenities.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Muskywin
Toronto
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We were looking for a place to stay over after a day's driving (and shopping at the Tannersville outlets) on the way to Manhattan. This fit the bill perfectly! Clean and pretty up-to-date. Didn't use the pool, but there it was and it looked just fine. Front desk welcomed us warmly, quick check in, and the gave us walking directions to the resto we had pre-selected. Comfortable bed, nice and quiet, so a good night's sleep readying us for a fresh start into Manhattan the next morning - about 1 1/2 hours depending on traffic. Hot breakfast included scrambled eggs (mix) and ham and a good selection of fruit, bagels, pastries and wafflemaker, three kinds of coffee and a coupe of juices. Stroudsburg is a very walkable town, but with all the angled streets a bit confusing to drive ... our GPS had us going in circles! All in all, the Hampton offers very good quality, though we found it a bit over-priced - could be something to do with the lack of competition.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank TO_Trips
NJ
Reviewed September 4, 2010

We stayed one night while hiking in the Deleware Water Gap. We weregreeted by a friendly & helpful staff at the front desk. My kids used the heated indoor pool. They had a manager's reception the night we stayed. Breakfast the next morning featured waffles, fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, cereals. The staff continued to keep it full. The room was very clean. The bathroom could have been updated a little...shown a little wear & tear. The location of the hotel was a short drive to nearby attractions & it was right off the highway.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank AP10
Delft, Netherlands
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Check in was fine and lobby is nice. Our 'non-smoking' room smelt a bit (tobacco?) and the room feels quite dated and not what I expected compared with other Hampton Inns I have stayed at - especially considering that the rate is realtively high. The hotel is nicely located near the old town. Breakfast was good and the eating area a good size. The pool was really good although not deep - the water was nice and warm and plenty of towels available. Overall the hotel is fine but I found the rate on the high side for what he room offered.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Westchester
Reviewed August 3, 2010

This is the second time I have spent the night at this Hotel. Again it was after a day of white water rafting and camping at White Water Challenges - check it out. Our room was ready early and my daughter promptly went to the pool. The room was a king size, nice a bit stuffy - so on goes the AC to clear that up. I like this hotel, always clean, fresh cookies at the front desk. yes its off the highway - but even been on that side, I never heard it. Bedding was clean and soft - yes. Lots of hot water. Recommendations for diner was Susan's - do not go, unless you want bar food- and the directions they give you are not correct. We walked there. Breakfast is always nice - waffles, eggs, ham, cereals and muffins. ALways a choice of something. I like this hotel, it is a bit more expensive then the others - I use a goverment rate - or I could never afford this one. It is close to all shopping and easy access.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Entering into a very old town, we were pleasantly surprised of the appearance of the exteriror of the hotel. Entering into the hotel the lobby was welcoming with kind staff. The rooms were very clean, beds were comfy, rooms were very quiet, the bathroom was clean and the free WiFi in the rooms was appreciated and easy to use. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor

Been to Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos? Share your experiences!