All reviews main street front desk room was clean within walking distance residential area complimentary breakfast sherman theater cookies staff was friendly east stroudsburg university easy access waffles waffle maker would stay here again nice stay we've stayed the breakfast area
Reviewed September 15, 2009

I stayed in this hotel twice. Both times have been fine, no issues whatsoever. I really like the manager snacks, I wish they would do it every night.
Rooms have always been very clean and I never had any issues with the fornt desk, they have always been very friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: July 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Manager had an attitude. Lobby not airconditioned. 1st room: Mold in shower. 2nd room: Non-smoking but smelled like a cigar lounge with heavy air freshener to cover up 40 years of smoke damage. 3rd Room: Same as second. When I left, even my clothes stank and I'm a non-smoker. I had my 2 kids with me as well. Shame on the hotel and manager for not being honest and forthcoming about the rooms. Just by putting a non-smoking sign on the door does not undo decades of smoking. The rooms need new wallpaper, drapes, carpet, furnishings and paint to get rid of the stale smoke smell. All this for only $150 a night? Do yourself a favor and stay at the Days Inn on exit 309.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank wtfmatewtf
Reviewed August 11, 2009

My husband and I stayed over from August 7-9, and we found this Hampton Inn to be an excellent hotel. From the moment we walked in and were greeted by Jessie at the front desk, we were made to feel special, and our every need was taken care of.

The room was exceptionally clean, with a nice size flat screen tv, two double beds with a soft comfy duvet, and soft white sheets. The towels were plentiful and the bathroom was roomy with a nice vanity. The shower head was a Water Pik and gave a nice strong spray, with a rounded shower rod for more space in the tub. They offered free wireless internet service and a nice work station.

Everyone at the front desk was helpful and friendly. Eric was quite helpful when we asked for restaurant recommendations, writing out our directions and offering us a later checkout than we asked for the next day. Complaints? None, except I would have appreciated a mini-refrigerator for our snacks and leftovers from dinner.

Although a little pricey for this area, I'll definitely come back next time we're in PA. I believe you get what you pay for!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We arrived on a Friday night, just starting out our week's vacation traveling to several northern states. I almost panicked when the lady at the front desk couldn't find our reservations. We realized I had made reservations for the wrong day, however, she found a room for us. It was nice, clean, and modern. The kids thoroughly enjoyed the pool (only ones in there) and there was also a small but nice workout room. The breakfast was fine with a good selection of foods. The location is also great. It's located just two blocks off of downtown, and it's the cutest downtown ever! Really pretty with a nice variety of shops, even a Starbucks. We got a good rate with husband's gov't discount. We would definately stay again if in this area.

Date of stay: July 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank iwannatravel
Reviewed August 3, 2009

My 9 year old daughter and I booked this hotel, coming back from White Water rafting (Whitewaterchalleges.com) and camping. Instead of going to Camel Beach as we were rained out - torrentials rains - we went to the coal mine museum in Scranton - well worth it. We were so tired after our adventures . We were only staying one night, as the next day we were going horse back riding at Sugar Mountain Stables in Bushkill Falls - great choice. We came after a torrential rain storm and were tired and damp. We were so happy to see the hotel. Alicen met us and our room was perfect, big and comfy bed. Even after all our adventures, my daughter had to go to the pool. My relief it was heated - warm enough for me! Later out to the town - at 7pm on a Sunday night we were able to find several restaurants to meet our hungry needs. The next morning, there was plenty for us to eat, cereals, breads, muffins, fruit, coffee and juices. I can not find a fault with this Hotel. Room was clean, comfy and quiet. Would definitely stay there again if needed.

• Trip type: Traveled with family