“Simple and comfortable”

Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Reviewed November 3, 2009

Located right in town the hotel was nice and clean. The staff friendly and a decent breakfast included, even afternoon snacks and light food was available while we were there. I would stay here again and would now like to stay at other Hampton Inn's now.

For those wanting to use the gym, it's pretty much limited to treadmills but why stay indoors when you can be outside? There are plenty of trails on the AT nearby.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 15, 2009

I stayed in this hotel twice. Both times have been fine, no issues whatsoever. I really like the manager snacks, I wish they would do it every night.
Rooms have always been very clean and I never had any issues with the fornt desk, they have always been very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Manager had an attitude. Lobby not airconditioned. 1st room: Mold in shower. 2nd room: Non-smoking but smelled like a cigar lounge with heavy air freshener to cover up 40 years of smoke damage. 3rd Room: Same as second. When I left, even my clothes stank and I'm a non-smoker. I had my 2 kids with me as well. Shame on the hotel and manager for not being honest and forthcoming about the rooms. Just by putting a non-smoking sign on the door does not undo decades of smoking. The rooms need new wallpaper, drapes, carpet, furnishings and paint to get rid of the stale smoke smell. All this for only $150 a night? Do yourself a favor and stay at the Days Inn on exit 309.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank wtfmatewtf
Reviewed August 11, 2009

My husband and I stayed over from August 7-9, and we found this Hampton Inn to be an excellent hotel. From the moment we walked in and were greeted by Jessie at the front desk, we were made to feel special, and our every need was taken care of.

The room was exceptionally clean, with a nice size flat screen tv, two double beds with a soft comfy duvet, and soft white sheets. The towels were plentiful and the bathroom was roomy with a nice vanity. The shower head was a Water Pik and gave a nice strong spray, with a rounded shower rod for more space in the tub. They offered free wireless internet service and a nice work station.

Everyone at the front desk was helpful and friendly. Eric was quite helpful when we asked for restaurant recommendations, writing out our directions and offering us a later checkout than we asked for the next day. Complaints? None, except I would have appreciated a mini-refrigerator for our snacks and leftovers from dinner.

Although a little pricey for this area, I'll definitely come back next time we're in PA. I believe you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We arrived on a Friday night, just starting out our week's vacation traveling to several northern states. I almost panicked when the lady at the front desk couldn't find our reservations. We realized I had made reservations for the wrong day, however, she found a room for us. It was nice, clean, and modern. The kids thoroughly enjoyed the pool (only ones in there) and there was also a small but nice workout room. The breakfast was fine with a good selection of foods. The location is also great. It's located just two blocks off of downtown, and it's the cutest downtown ever! Really pretty with a nice variety of shops, even a Starbucks. We got a good rate with husband's gov't discount. We would definately stay again if in this area.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank iwannatravel
Reviewed August 3, 2009

My 9 year old daughter and I booked this hotel, coming back from White Water rafting (Whitewaterchalleges.com) and camping. Instead of going to Camel Beach as we were rained out - torrentials rains - we went to the coal mine museum in Scranton - well worth it. We were so tired after our adventures . We were only staying one night, as the next day we were going horse back riding at Sugar Mountain Stables in Bushkill Falls - great choice. We came after a torrential rain storm and were tired and damp. We were so happy to see the hotel. Alicen met us and our room was perfect, big and comfy bed. Even after all our adventures, my daughter had to go to the pool. My relief it was heated - warm enough for me! Later out to the town - at 7pm on a Sunday night we were able to find several restaurants to meet our hungry needs. The next morning, there was plenty for us to eat, cereals, breads, muffins, fruit, coffee and juices. I can not find a fault with this Hotel. Room was clean, comfy and quiet. Would definitely stay there again if needed.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2009

We were four couples traveling together and last March, we booked a one night stay for July 16th. We had given them a credit card and had been given a confirmation number. We arrived around 4pm and were told that another group had booked last July and they gave our rooms away. However, they had two rooms and the rest of us could go across town to the Budget Inn. The manager, Michelle Duffin, refused to call a regional manager as we aksed and when we would not leave, she called the police on us. We are a group of people all in our late 50's and Michelle and her staff were half our age but she said she felt threatened by us. We are all professionals and travel extensively. We are done with Hilton due to this shabby treatment. Hilton has still not yet explained what is a confirmed reservation if they give away your room. I am still waiting to hear from someone other than Michelle Duffin.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
hampton1999, GM at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2010

This is the first of two reviews posted by the same group. The second is Reservations - don't count on them. I would just like to clarify that these are not two separate occurrences as situations such as this are very rare. As we repeatedly tried to explain, we did not give their room away,we had to accommodate a long term guest from France who unexpectedly needed to extend his stay. We tried to explain our dilemma, but no one in the group would allow us to get a word in edgewise - they just continued to get louder and more offensive to my staff and me. Their behavior frightened the many guests we had in our lobby, and I was forced to call the police when they refused to calm down and lower their voices. They were creating quite a scene. We asked them please leave, and informed them we would provide similar accommodations at our cost. The one rational member of the group spoke to our GSA, and she informed him we would provide four rooms for his group at the newly renovated Budget Inn and Suites, a hotel that is well reviewed on Tripadvisor, not the Motel 8 as blaiser claims in his review. I would also like to mention that I have over 25 years experience in this industry and have been a GM for the last 5 years. I appreciate the compliment regarding my age, but I am actually in the same bracket as the reviewers. With that said, our actions were not due to inexperience but due to the behavior demonstrated by this group. We truly felt terrible about the inconvenience they experienced, but we feel we provided more than adequate compensation. I am saddened that the members of this group could not understand our position.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
#2 of 7 in East Stroudsburg
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
#5 of 8 in Stroudsburg

Been to Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos? Share your experiences!