“Better than others in the area”

Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed here about a week ago while visiting family in the area. We had stayed at another hotel our first night in the pocono sand it was awful! We decided to find somewhere else to stay and came across the Hanpton. We walked in without a rsservation and the two girls at the desk (Kate and Jasmine) were very helpful with all of our questions and even let us see a room before we checked in. The room smelled wonderful and the bathroom was spotless. breakfast in the mornings were great and the woman in charge of breakfast was very pleasant, We will surely book here for any trips to the area on the future.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Sparta1176
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. Kate and Jasmine (and Shirley, our breakfast hostess) were very flattered by your kind remarks. They really aim to please, and I greatly appreciate your acknowledgement of their efforts. We're delighted you've made us your hotel of choice, and we look forward to serving you the next time you visit the area.

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Although we only stayed one night recently , we were impressed with the facility and staff . We originally booked a night at the Howard Johnson and upon our arrival at Hojo , we decided to find another hotel ( the Hojo is awful, dirty and unsafe !). We called this Hampton Inn , explained our dilemma and they did an amazing job finding us a room on short notice and on a very busy day. They even gave us a much reduced rate than originally found on Expedia. The hotel is incredibly clean, bright and comfortable . It's the nicest Hampton Inn we have visited . Great breakfast as well. This hotel with the great staff and super facility is a can't miss!!

Stayed: June 2014

The staff and I are delighted you were so impressed by our Hampton. Thank you for positng such a great review. We hope you'll come back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Room rate was high for the area, even with AAA discount. But hotel choices were sparse. I arrived about 3:30 PM and the front desk told me the room I had requested away from the highway would be ready soon. I waited in the non air-conditioned lobby for a long time without internet access (no room, no internet). Finally, after a shift change at the front desk, I asked if they knew I was waiting for my room. Response: "No, we didn't. Your room has been ready." I expect better for an expensive place.

Room was OK. Plenty of power outlets, constant speed fan on the air conditioner. But my room still faced the highway. I listened to trucks roar all night. I was way too tired to ask the front desk for help again.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't face the front, which faces Route 80. Popular truck route, and location for...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your review opn TripAdvisor. I apologize that you had to wait for the room type you requested, and I'm sorry if you had difficulty accessing the internet while you were waiting. We hope you find your next staty with us more enjoyable.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

The staff was pleasant and helpful. A late afternoon appetizer was served before we went out for dinner. Fresh cookies were available when we returned from dinner. I would say they went out of their way to make guests welcome and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for writing such a nice review about your stay with us! We're glad you enjoyed our evening reception and fresh baked cookies. The staff and I strive to make our Hampton your "home away from home", and I'm happy we delivered. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

A stay at a Hampton Inn is almost like being at home, except for one ting....all the staff is doing what ever they can to make you feel you are at a luxury hotel. My husband and I have been staying at this particular Hampton, for almost 10 years, off and on.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Wow! What a wonderful compliment! You and your husband are like members of our Hampton family, and we are so flatttered by your comments. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you for the next ten years:)

Reviewed June 4, 2014

The acccomodation was great It was a family event everyone was satisfied with the quality of services received. I would stay at other Hampton Inn and expect the same quality of services. I did not notice a bar for cocktails would have like to see/use one.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing our Hampton for your family's special event! It was absolutely our pleasure to accommodate your group. We are delighted that everything went so well and that everyone had such a great time. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We had a great weekend, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast choices were amazing. Hotel was in a great location easy to get to restaurants, shopping and attractions. Our room was clean and felt like home, as always at Hampton. Have never had a problem at any Hamptons.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Thank you for posting your wonderful comments about our Hampton! Clean rooms, friendly staff, and a great breakfast - that's Hampton promise to our guests, and I'm pleased we came through on all points. We greatly appreciate your loyalty, and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos? Share your experiences!