“LOVE the Beds and Complimentary Breakfast!”

Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have tried several hotels in the area and keep coming back to my very favorite, the Hampton Inn. Love so much about this hotel...walking distance to main street, restaurants, bars, stores. Love the comfortable beds with beautiful, fluffy duvet covers and sheets. Love the complimentary breakfast in the very clean lobby. My favorite was the scrambled eggs, crispy bacon and ham and cheese biscuits. Thank you for another great stay. Will be booking another reservation soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank donnafw
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Wow!! Thank you for posting such a fantastic review of our Hampton! Our goal is to provide our guests the best experience possible, and it sounds like we delivered! Clean, cozy, comfy beds, a great breakfast, and excellent service. And, our location is second to none! Thank you for acknowledging our efforts. We look forward to seeing you again soon:)

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Contrary to the last "disappointed" review, we found this Hampton Inn to be very comfortable. Rooms were a decent size and, while the furnishings were not new by any means, nothing stood out as needing to be replaced or renovated immediately. Only negative was the breakfast. We tend to be picky about where we stay, and I would not hesitate to stay here again in the future should the need arise.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for posting your review of our Hampton on TripAdvisor. The staff and I appreciate your comments regarding the previous review. While it is true there are a few brand new hotels in the area, we are clean and well maintained and I believe our staff provides the best service in the area. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Not a normal Hampton Inn pick another or stay at a Holiday Inn. Rooms were small - cramped - outdated! Furniture was to large for the rooms and older - refrigerator just sitting in the middle of the room. A small table shoved in the corner against the wall NO room to move around. I stay at Hampton/Hilton properties very often and I can say I will not stay at this until it I redone! Nice town it is in but the place itself needs an update

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We arrived late at night and I was worried that I would not find a parking space and the front desk person directed me to a spot that was right near the entrance for our room. I felt very secure walking into the hotel. The room was very clean and the bathroom was great. Breakfast was very good with real eggs and bacon, plus a delicious stuffed biscuit. We did get lost trying to find the hotel, but that was because it was dark. My GPS would have led us right there if I could have seen the intersections better. A very nice hotel with a good location right near downtown Stroudsburg.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

It seems from reading your review we got it right in your eyes! You touched base on all areas of the hotel and what strive for everyday - friendly staff, clean rooms and a great breakfast. Thank you so much for acknowledging our efforts. We hope you decide to attend a college in our area so you can visit us more often!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Nice consistent quality, friendly staff and great location to walk downtown Stroudsburg and 5 minute drive to East Stroudsburg University. It is my go to hotel when I am in the area and I am always pleased. I plan to stay again. The lobby was recently renovated and the entire property is non- smoking.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

We couldn't be happier that you have chosen our Hampton as your "go to" hotel! The staff and I greatly appreciate your compliments:) Thank you for posting such a nice review. We look forward to sseeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel is mediocre at best. Facility is outdated and it is definitely not worth the price. Rooms do not have a microwave and only some have a refrigerator. Furniture and bathrooms are outdated. I am staying here for three months during the week and the only reason I am still staying here is to collect HHonors points. If this wasn't a factor I would be staying at another hotel in the area which was recently built and much nicer.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Allison M

The staff and I were very disappointed by your review, and we regret that you are not enjoying your time with us. I was surprised you wrote such a negative review after we discussed your concerns via email, and you apologized for the negative comments you had written in a survey, stating that there were many positive aspects about the hotel as well. We are terribly sorry you feel the property is outdated, but we are clean and well maintained, and our staff is excellent. We appreciate your feedback, and hope that you find your stays with us in the future more pleasant.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The Hampton Inn in Stroudsburg Pennsylvania was a very nice hotel. I would recommend it for anyone visiting the Stroudsburg area. The service was very friendly. Especially the ladies who prepared breakfast. They made everything fresh, which is not usual for a complimentary breakfast at hotels these days. One additional nice feature of this hotel is how close it is to downtown Stroudsburg. It was a very short walk to the Main Street area which had many restaurants and local bars.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for recommending our Hampton on TripAdvisor. Our breakfast ladies lit up when I read your comments to the staff about their service and presentation! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope you come back to visit us the next time you're in Stroudsburg!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg POCONOS
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg P...
#2 of 7 in East Stroudsburg
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
#5 of 8 in Stroudsburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos

Been to Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos? Share your experiences!