Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
$79
Econo Lodge(Stroudsburg)
$64
Hotels.com
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos(Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
$101
Paramount Motel(Stroudsburg)
$59
  • Breakfast included
$116
Stroudsmoor Country Inn(Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
$139
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg POCONOS(East Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
$80
QualityInn
Super 8 Stroudsburg(East Stroudsburg)
$55
All reviewsmain streetfront deskroom was cleantwo blockswithin walking distanceresidential areacomplimentary breakfastsherman theaternight's sleepcookiesstaff was friendlyeasy accesswaffle makereast stroudsburg universitythe breakfast areawe've stayedwould stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Hampton on S. 8th St, in Strousburg PA this past weekend. This is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. The staff is courteous and pleasant and the rooms are really clean and kept up with. The manager, Michelle Duffin, is really sweet and you can tell that she takes an interest in the hotel, how the staff is doing and how the guests are feeling about their stay. She tries to keep everyone comfortable and that is such a pleasure in this day and age when customer service is no longer about keeping the people happy. Michelle does keep everyone happy and I will be back. Jay M. Giuffrida

Room Tip: Stay here - very very very nice
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

I can't thank you enough for writing one of the nicest TripAdvisor reviews we have ever had. I was personally overwhelmed by your kind remarks. The staff and I genuinely care about our guests, and I am so pleased you felt that during your stay. We truly look forward to serving you again in the future. Thank you for making our day!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This hotel was very nice at one time. I liked it alot, and for that reason, I stayed here again 9/14/13. But it is going down the dumps. The room furniture needs updating, the tub had lots of disgusting stains in it. I was afraid to stand in it. The room smells like must. And the breakfast lacks fresh foods.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank jennifer5518

I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please be advised we are in the process of updating our rooms, so I hope you come back to visit us to see the improvements we'll be making over the next few months.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I like Hampton Inn and this one was up to their standard. Attractive, clean, good breakfast, good coffee with 24/7 service in lobby, also cookies late in day were a nice extra. WiFi connection was fast and mostly reliable. Indoor pool available; I didn't use it. Best thing about this hotel is the location on a side street in downtown Stroudsburg. Highway a little distance away is noisy; recommend asking for room on the other side of the building.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

The staff and are delighted you had such a positive experience at our Hampton. We greatly appreciate your generous review, and we thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stay at Hampton Inns quite often when we are traveling. This Hampton could certainly use an update. It appeared a bit dingy. It was clean and the staff courteous and helpful. As for breakfast, ditch the powdered eggs and overlooked sausage. Sticks to the basics.

$180 per night was very high for a hotel of this caliber.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linda D

Thank you for your kind words about our staff. Please be advised that we are scheduled to make updates to our guestrooms over the next few months. It is our goal to make your experience with us as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. We hope you come back to visit us the next time you're in the area!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Lobby is really nice, but for the price I would have rather stayed elsewhere. For 3x the price of an Econo Lodge Room, I expected more in my room than what I got. Outdated bedding, sheets, carpet, wallpaper and appliances. A/C Unit was damaged - looked like a rock band had its way with it. Something was up with the toilet, so I asked for a different room. Staff was great, got me a new room (that had another damaged A/C unit) and gave me a gift card. They said that they were remodeling the rooms soon, but I have read reviews from a year ago saying things were outdated. I wish I had stayed in the Econo Lodge, at least I would know what I was getting myself into.

2  Thank Art F
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback.