“Hampton Inn - Stroudsburg/Poconos”

Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very nice hotel in all respects i.e. clean, comfortable beds, pleasant staff, nice complimentary breakfast, good value. Good location with many nice/diverse restaurants within walking distance/short drive. The town of Stroudsburg has a nice college town atmosphere. Easy I-80 on/off access.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our Hampton. We are absolutely delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope you come back to visit us the next time you're in the Poconos!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The staff where very helpful at all points. The hotel was fully accessible tome in my wheelchair,, even down to the pool, with the pool hoist. The staff help't me access getting drinks,, breakfast etc. and made sure my room had everything I needed including the requested fridge for my medications.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for your kind remarks about our staff. It was our pleasure to serve you, and we hope you visit us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

The staff was very nice. We booked for a wedding and arrived very early for check in after a long plane and drive but was checked in right away..Thank you! I thought the room was a little over priced but was comfortable, and clean. Only a few blocks from downtown made it a nice walk. I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank K K

We are absolutely delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was not happy with Hampton Inn in Stroudsburg, pa Price gouging was flagrant and inflated for this one weekend. Breakfast was unsuitable, the Danish had mold on the bottom. Pool was dark and cold, water was not heated on a chilly weekend. There was not Hot Tub!

1  Thank James H

We appreciate your feedback. However, I must assure you and the readers of TripAdvisor that the Hampton Inn does not engage in this type of pricing. This can be verified by checking our website - our rates are consistent and in line with simiilar hotels in the area. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us, but it is not appropriate to use this format to make false statements.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

The front desk staff was very friendly as I have come to expect upon checking in at a Hampton Inn. I thought the room was overpriced for the size and quality in comparison to recent stays at newer, updated Hampton Inns. I booked a room with queen beds, but they were doubles when I arrived, and after checking the reservation, it did say doubles so I guess that was my fault for not double checking and I assume they gave me what was available. I never book doubles and even avoid hotels that do not offer queens. The beds were not the most comfortable, a bit too firm, and I did not sleep well in the bed. The maid service needs to take a better look when making the rounds...at the little work desk (smaller than many other hotels), something was splattered on the wall and also on one of the chairs. Overall, I was disappointed with this Hampton Inn and did not feel that it was a good value.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for your kind words about our front desk staff. I apologize that you found your bed to be uncomfortable and that we do not offer queen size beds. We are in the process of updating our guestrooms, and we greatly appreciate your feedback to make our guests' experience more comfortable in the future.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed here this past weekend for a wedding in Stroudgburg. It was one of the hotels with a block of rooms booked. Check in was very fast. The lobby is still under a little repair. After checking in we moved our vehicle to a closer entrance. We decided to take the stairs up to our third floor room... as soon as we arrived back there the power went out for probably about 15 minutes. We left and went to the nearby WalMart (NOT RECOMMENDED) and it was back on when we returned. The guest rooms are really showing some wear and the bed was so uncomfortable. I will always choose a Hilton Family Hotel first, but this one left something to be desired. The bed was uncomfortable and the bathroom needs a really good scrub down.

The free breakfast was good. The hotel was in a great location to walk two blocks up to main street to eat and drink and just look around. Also it is just a short drive to the Crossings Premium Outlets.

1  Thank Saracruise
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for your feedbback. I apologize you did not find your bed comfortable and that the area had a short power outage during your visit. We are in the process of making improvements to our guestrooms now that our lobby renovationss are complete, so please come back to visit us the next time you are in the area. We will do our best to ensure your next stay is more enjoyable.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Hampton Inn at Stroudsburg, PA delivers good value for the price. The hotel is undergoing a lobby renovation and is almost complete. The staff are kind and helpful. The location is easy to get to right off the highway and within walking distance of the main downtown area of town which means you are really close to shops and restaurants. I also recommend the Willow Tree Inn, just a block away from the hotel with a beautiful back deck overlooking the river under a beautiful willow tree of course! Excellent food and service, a great place for a proper cappuccino as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rebecca W
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for writing such a great review of our Hampton! We also appreciate your comments about the Willow Tree Inn, one of our favorite restaurants. They and many other restaurants and shops are within walking distance of the hotel. We hope you come back to visit us and check them out the next time you're in the area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 7 in East Stroudsburg
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 7 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos? Share your experiences!