“Dirty Old Hotel”

Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I am a frequent traveler and travel a lot in this area. I stayed here as it was a Hampton Brand Name Hotel. The hotel is very old and not remodeled recently. The furniture is getting old. I expect more when I pay a fancy price of $ 135 per night. The shower was luke warm and the pool was just OK . I did not enjoy the hotel at all and there could have been a better choice.Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Don S
hampton1999, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

The staff and I were very disappointed that our Hampton did not meet your expectations. It is true we have not been remodeled recently, but we are in the process of designing and planning renovations to be completed by the end of the year. I hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience once we've implemented our new look.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Booked a double queen room for the Presidents Day weekend but when we arrived we were given a King + pull out. This made sleeping arrangements for our family of four (2 adults, 2 toddlers) a bit cumbersome. The mattress on the pull out was very thin and the far side joint was broken so that it sagged to one side. Also if you had to sleep over the broken joint, like I had to, it jabbed you in the side/hip. Night #2, we stuck both children on the pull out and I slept well on the 'king' (really a queen or full sized) bed.

The pool is warm, a bit *too* warm, if you know what I mean. If you've got really dry scaly feet like I do, then the pool is where you need to go! Five minutes of soaking in uric acid / chlorine concentrate and the dead skin on my heels peeled off like the outer coating of a burnt marshmallow. Gross. We went to the pool just once and that was enough even for my children who love the water and knew something was awry.

Other than these minor hiccups, it was a nice quiet place to stay. The hotel is two blocks from Main St Stroudsburg where they have some really cute shops, a great pub and a bunch of nice little eateries. They were having an ice festival over the weekend we went and my kids oooed and ahhhhed at the sculptures at each store front.

The positives definitely outweigh the negatives here. LCD TV, good channel selection, AT&T WiFi, Location, ample parking, small but well-equipped workout area, free hot breakfast (eggs, bacon, waffles).

Oh one last thing. DO NOT GO TO CAMELBACK if you want to go tubing over a holiday weekend. We had purchased lift tickets in advance but had to wait over 6 hours for 1 run down the tube. Frustrated, we went back to the pub in town and drowned ourselves in Guinness and Jamison.

Room Tip: Stay on the lower floors, elevators (x2) are slow, avoid the pool during peak hours, get to breakfas...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We recently stayed at this Hampton Inn for 2 nights while skiing at Camelback. It's located about 15 away from the mountain, right off exit 307 on I-80. Rooms were standard, 2 doubles or 1 king. Not many options there. Staff was very friendly, extra linen request was filled promptly. The pool area was clean. The lobby was smaller than most Hampton Inns we've stayed at but still comfortable to hang out in. Typical breakfast fare, waffle iron and a hot egg dish plus cereals, pastries and drinks. Main St. is within walking distance, plenty of restaurants there. Plenty of parking at the hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I stay at the Hampton Inn every Easter weekend for the past several years now. The hotel is built alongside a small creek. The creek borders Interstate 80. However, I haven't had any issues with noise while staying at this hotel. The hotel is within walking distance to downtown Stroudsburg, which is nice for grabbing a late dinner/drinks. The town is small and manageable. You are a close drive from the outlets and the casino (15 mins to 20 mins) depending on traffic.

There is a free continental breakfast at the Hampton Inn - which is very well attended - hard to get a table - but that's okay. I recommend this hotel for a short stay in Stroudsburg, if I were to stay there over an extended period of time - I may opt for a different class of hotel, but that's strictly a personal preference.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 6, 2012

My family had a better than expected visit here. It was like a home away from home...My kids loved the pool...breakfast... The staff is incrediable....I will stay here each time i visit the poconos...hands down....fun to walk to main street and shop and have dinner....hope you enjoy it as much as we did....

Room Tip: I always like the first floor...no elevator to ride...easy outside...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We will stay here again. The room did get a bit too hot -- from the powerful room unit. Also, get to breakfast early when the hotel is full. There was enough food, but not seating. I would recommend this hotel (& have).

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Nice clean hotel. Rooms are clean. But try to sleep! The AC/heat unit is SO noisy, never got to sleep. Even when turned off, it still kicks back on every 5 minutes with more noise than if you just left it on. My kids were scared of the noise. When I complained, guy at desk said it was normal. I called Hilton directly. They confirmed it was not a normal noise. Had to use my cell phone, room phone was not working.
Pool is nice, but water is cold. Towels were the size of hand towels in pool area.

• Stayed: January 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos? Share your experiences!