“OMG Worst Ever”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Bronx, New York
“OMG Worst Ever”
Reviewed September 2, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past 4 years, I have never had the experience that I had this past weekend, had to get 4 different rooms from check in Friday to Saturday evening. Checked in to a room that stunk of mildew, the a/c did not work and the tub that was cheaply painted was all chipped, 2nd room was fine until the sinks started filling up with water and gunk and gave a rotten egg smell, 3rd room, upgrade of a room, opened the door to find the ceiling panels on the floor soaking wet and it stunk like cat urine, finally got another upgraded room that was so much better, but when I sat on the bed and looked up the ceiling was entirely stained, thank the lord it was not wet, but all I kept worrying about was that I would wake up and the ceiling would be on to of me. Needless to say, did not sleep more than 6 hours the entire weekend.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank BxTina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
New Hampshire
Reviewed July 16, 2010

The good thing was that the bed was comfortable and appeared to be clean. We only stayed there one night as that was all I could stand. Our 24 year old son and his Uncle continued to stay but wished they had changed hotels because each day the maids "forgot" to clean the room and make the beds. The TVs were old school and so dark you could barely see the picture.

This place has a nice pool but our first room was right on the pool and I felt like I was at a water park -- it was so noisy I couldn't take a much needed nap having been up most of the night before (the TV wouldn't drown out the noise) and the room smelled of chlorine. We changed rooms: it was right across from the laundry room which was in full force and so noisy you could hear and feel it in the room and 30 feet down the hall...changed rooms again which seemed fine, except for the peeling wallpaper and mold. You felt like you should never take your shoes off as the rug looked pretty sketchy.

We went to our event and came back at 8:00 PM to a message that said not to flush our toilets and that a plumber was on the way. Around 10:30 PM we got a call that it was ok to flush the toilet.....too bad we wanted to shower and use the bathroom then.

The next morning when we took our showers the tub wasn't draining well (3" of water in tub) and the toilet wasluggish. I had had enough and decided to leave even though the bed was comfortable and the room was extremely quiet.

The management was astonished that I asked if we were being compensated in any way for not being able to use the bathroom -- I didn't feel like arguing with him and took the lousy 10% that he offered...we checked into the Hampton Inn and had no problems there.

This "Quality" Inn needs a major overhaul. If you're going with kids they'll love the pool but if this isn't your situation I'd recommend staying somewhere else. Oh, and there is a very strong smell of propane gas when you enter the lobby --anything to do with the gas station nearby? (Managment dismissed it by saying what? That that smell is just there...)

I will concede that I am sensitive to noise and smells but I am not crazed about cleanliness and this place just needs too many repairs and paint.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Stroudsburg hotels

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 9, 2010

murder had happend but 2 years ago . its not the quality Inn fault that some one came in murder smeone . it can happend anywhere .on streets parking alots anywhere. Unfortunately that happend in Quality Inn Stroudsburg. my last visit in quality inn stroudsburg was great but not that standard which it used to be when it was clarion. they have change the events in whispers lounge . every friday they have country line dance which was great entertanment and staurday they have DJ palying there and for hotel guest there was no cover charge just have to show the keys in door and ur id that it . bar tenders was friendly. they are improving the place which is the good sign. people talk about the bugs and all that stuff in room actually there was nothing like that . yeah at break fast they should have more thing on the table like eggs , sauage. Qualit Inn just got bad reputation that it . hotel need Renovation but not not bad compare to others hotel the area and in US

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Catasauqua, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I am in my mid 20's and can remember when this place used to be the Sheraton, when my dad worked there. Back then this place was fantastic. It was one of the best in the Pocono's. The rooms were clean with no problems at all. The pool was one of my favorites about this place. It was so big and nicely done. There was a bar poolside and the water was clean and warm. The lobby was also a very nice space, especially during Christmas time when they had decorations all around and a big tree by the working fireplace. The restaurant was working and open everyday. The food there was great, with a big buffet and wonderful service. The bar used to be a smaller bar, not a club, and it had a great bartender and nice atmosphere. I just can not believe the new owner has let this place go so down hill. This place is in ruins and deteriorating FAST. I dont think there have been any renovations in more than a decade. It has been going down hill for years though, since it has been many different hotels with different owners. This new owner though doesnt seem to care at all. I know the guy so trust me he will not change a thing. This hotel is not worth any of your hard earned money, even if you got it for $10 a night. Dont waste your time. There are plenty of other hotels in the area that are far better. I would recommend the Budget Inn and Suites in East Stroudsburg right off I80. I know the name makes it sound like a cheap motel but trust me it is a nice place. Read the reviews on here. most love it. The rooms are very clean, good wifi access, it has a great restaurant with good food, a nice redone bar, and the staff will fix any problems you may have, no matter what it may be. The only thing is there is no pool. So try this place or any of the other great places in the Pocono's but NEVER return to the Quality Inn until they get an owner who actually cares about their hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank mustang5201
Bristol, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 3, 2010

Dirty, buggy, smelly, rude, damp, dank, depressing...you list a negative, and this hotel delivers. AVOID AT ANY COST. How they've not been closed by the board of health is beyond me.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank quinellax
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed May 29, 2010

I stayed in the quality inn in strausdberg Pa on 5/28/10 . I awoke to use the rest room at 3am and roaches were crawling all over the night stand. I checked ot at 3am and given no restitution

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
White Plains, New York
Reviewed May 17, 2010

We stayed here for a wedding with many other people. At least 10 rooms booked with our group. We of course saw the trip advisor reviews too late as all of the invitations for the wedding had gone out already with the info for reservations and a few people already had them made. So we were prepared but hopeful that it would turn out otherwise. The rooms were at first not as bad as we expected and we viewed it as just a place to rest our head after a long day at the wedding. There were holes in the walls from where they took out what looks like two queen beds and were replaced with a king as part of an update. There was a mildewy smell in the room at first but once we had the loudest AC in the world on for a little while, it subsided. I checked the mattress for bedbugs and found it to be okay. The bride & groom stayed in the room above us and their bathroom leaked into ours. They did offer to move us to another room but as we had some gifts from the reception in our room as well as our own stuff, we decided against it as long as they fixed the leak-which they did. Not confident though that they will replace the damaged ceiling as in the room it looked like the tub has leaked about 100 times before with the damaged ceiling tiles never fixed/replaced. As for the hotel bar. Once inside it wasn't bad, mainly because our group was the only ones in there. However, I did not feel it appropriate to have to be frisked to go into a hotel bar. I have never had to do that before. Now, when I say frisked I mean groped. There was a male ARMED security guard at the door checking id's & frisking the men. Female employees, not wearing hotel apparel (or anything nice looking to say the least) a white men's tank top that showed her pretty blue lace bra underneath literally feeling every woman up. She patted me down along my waist, up & down both legs and then came to my chest and pulled on my underwire bra. Literally fingers under the bra that she could have pulled it right off of me. Then said that's just an underwire right? Now, I read the review of someone having been shot back in February. And I understand you do not want to have that happen again. But I think the way they did it was inappropriate. Invest in Metal detecting Wands!!! But more importantly, maybe they should look at the clientele they are attracting and do something about that. This was absolutely rediculous. They frisked the BRIDE in her gown!!! Very easily you might say why go through that then and not go into the bar, well we were outside some of our rooms and were told that the area closed at 10 pm we had to leave as to not disturb other hotel guests with the noise. Okay fine, but where were the security guards at 8AM to tell the parents that they had to bring their screaming kids into their rooms and the area didn't open til 10AM. We went to breakfast across the street at the Perkins restaurant (WONDERFUL) upon returning, we couldn't get back in our rooms (this was 10AM checkout is 11AM). When I went to the counter the woman told me that wasn't my room. We were moved last night into room 127. I told her no we weren't we didn't move out of the room (124) and the room they were offering us was 144. The key worked up until just then. She again told me it wasn't my room. After explaining that it indeed was, she finally reset the cards so we could continue to check out. While at the desk, one of our friends was there as he had left his jacket in the hotel bar the night before, they didn't have a key to the bar. I unfortunately had to leave before that was resolved. BTW when I checked out, my receipt said room 127! Idiots. All of you who have reviewed the hotel here on tripadvisor should also write to the corporate head of Quality Inn. While they are individually owned & operated, corporate should be told of the reputation this place is giving the name.

• Stayed May 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos
Baymont Inn & Suites Bartonsville Poconos

Been to Quality Inn Stroudsburg? Share your experiences!