“Better than other reviews seem to say.”

Quality Inn Stroudsburg
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Reviewed August 16, 2013

First a quick note in response to other reviews:
This hotel isn't a Four Seasons hotel, but for some reason people here are complaining for things that they should have known when they checked in. Things such as no breakfast or the price. This place is competitive for the area, most other hotels are much more. And how can you complain about no free breakfast if you knew that when you booked? It's strange to complain about something that wasn't included in the price.

My review:
For the price (compared to other hotels around the area at this time of the season), this hotel was good enough for a place to stay. The pool was clean, some water around the deck, but I don't see how that is avoidable. The rooms were a little dark, but clean and comfortable. After talking to the staff, the hotel is under going renovations, and thanks to a Management change, apparently is in much better hands.

We got in late, and didn't eat at the restaurant, so can't make a comment there, but there was a few people eating what smelt like good food. The pub had some sort of dj and the crowd was an interesting bunch to watch, it was a good time. Drink prices were reasonable as well.

Overall thoughts:
As I stated, it is an older hotel, but I have stayed in hotels that give you the creeps sleeping there, this one didn't. Sure, it has some older looking rooms, but they seem to be working hard at getting it updated. At least it is a solid place to spend the night. The area is expensive, so this is as good of a deal as any that you will get. I wouldn't have any problems booking here again.

Room Tip: A room with pool access was nice to have. Easy walk out deck to the pool. Only downside is you got...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole P
Joanne T, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Stroudsburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

I would like to take the time to thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I have shared this with our owner and our department managers. It is nice to be able to also share a nice review with all of our employees too, it lets us and them know that all of our hard work does pay off.

We are doing numerous renovations in all areas of the hotel and hope that you will come back again when we are finished to see the finished product!

We look forward to seeing you again and thanks once more for your lovely review.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were not expecting a five star hotel, just someplace to spend the night while picking up the girls at camp. We were not expecting a smoky room with a dented door. The front desk offered us a can of spray to combat the smell. Really? After dinner, I went into the bathroom, pulled back the shower curtain and found a PAIR OF MEN'S BOXER BRIEFS HANGING FROM THE SHOWER ROD! This time the unapologetic front desk gave us a slightly cleaner room with an intact door and no underwear anywhere in sight. Awful!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Adhd1974
Joanne T, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Stroudsburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

I am sorry you had some concerns during your stay with us. I will be speaking with our Owner and Department Managers regarding the issues you had. This is not the norm for our hotel and I will definitely address your concerns.

I apologize for the smoky smell but unfortunately even though we are a nonsmoking facility people do smoke in the rooms. This is not an excuse for your problem but we do strive to make sure that guest do not have these problems.

Again we are sorry and hope that you may give us another chance to show you a more enjoyable stay in the future

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Upon check in we were treated by two friendly women that made it very easy to check in and we had a couple of laughs as well. Our room was very clean, it may have needed some minor renovations but it looks like the hotel is in the process of doing this. So no complaints there. We got in kind of late 7ish and went to the bar. This is when the problem started. The bartender was bad at best. I tried 4 different drinks before I decided to play it safe and go with a beer. He had no idea how to mix drinks, I thought maybe it was just me but there were others coming to the bar and complaining as well. This place is a gold mine. It has ans amazing pool, a restaurant and a bar where they have live music. Once there renovations are complete this will be the place to stay. They do however need a knowledgable bartender and a better stocked bar. Just my opinion but several guests had to order other drinks because they didn't have what they wanted. I am. Sure this will be part of the renovation. I heard it was under new management and I'm sure they are feeling things out to make it a great expirience for their guests. It is a great property. I think to pass it up would be a huge mistake as I think it will be getting better and better.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Joanne T, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Stroudsburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review. We are glad that you had a great time and I will certainly let the owner and our department managers know.

As you stated, we are under new management in our bar and restaurant and I will certainly pass along your comments to them. We are trying to get a feel for what guests want and need in all areas of the hotel and by your feedback it gives us something more to work on to improve.

Again I am glad you had an enjoyable stay with us and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Appeared not enough employees to handle issues. Pool not monitored, opened past time that should be closed. No phones working in rooms . Advised storm took out phones, yet phone worked at front desk. Am went to have breakfast no one came into restaurant to seat us or anything.we waited five mins and went to front desk and no one there, waited again five mins. Finally Joanne came out to desk but did not know why no one in restaurant . We had to go to Perkins across street. We were also told free breakfast when we made reservations. No air conditioning. We came to rest and enjoy vacation but music played loudly in pool area made it hard to do that. No stopper in tub so could not take bath. Toilet fixing was old and broke had to wait for maintenance. Really someone should check into the renovation . Our room looked like the worked on it and quit. Sparkle all over carpet. Room service never came to change bed. We left at 8am and returned at 5:20 pm and was told they were still cleaning. No one ever came. On the outside looked nice inside really dumpy. The exit doors do not shut so anyone could walk in.

Room Tip: Close until you have it completely done and enough employees
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Joanne T, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Stroudsburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

I am sorry you were not happy with your stay with us. We are under renovations in all areas of the hotel and are working hard to get them done. As with everything it will take some time.

I have conveyed your concerns to the appropriate department managers as we strive to make sure that all of our guests have an enjoyable stay.

We hope to have all renovations done within a few months and hope that you will come back and let us show you a more enjoyable experience.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The location of this hotel was great for us but unfortunately we were a little disappointed with the accommodations. The set up is great but it could be cleaner and updated. This hotel needs a little TLC.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We are sorry that you had some concerns during your stay with us. We agree that the hotel needs some TLC and are now in the process of doing that. We hope to be done in a few months with all of the renovations in all of our rooms.

We appreciate that you took time to send a review and hope that you will give us another chance when we are done with all of our renovations

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have been coming to this Quality Inn many years. Only once have we gone to another hotel but won't do that anymore. We Love Joanne she is great and the rest of the staff has always been accommodating . yes there have been mishaps but always taken care of immediately. We do miss the breakfast buffet in the mornings, but things do change, maybe the will get that back someday. Hope to be back soon, The Benedettos

Room Tip: Pool side room convenient if you have kids.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Joanne T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn Stroudsburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

It is nice to have guests recognize the effort that our staff gives to our guests. As you know there have been many changes to the hotel and the staff since you have been coming to our hotel. We appreciate your continued support of our hotel.

We are in the process of a number of renovations to the hotel to improve the quality and service of our hotel. We hope that you will continue to come and visit us again in the near future. Guests like you are always a pleasure to see.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This place is not even clean enough for city rats to live in, and that is stating it nicely. I have never seen such filth in all of my life. The parking lot was filled with hood rats and thugs of every color. After changing rooms three times we finally gave up and demanded a refund and went to a near by competitor. The first room had blood stained sheets and pubic hairs on the bed. The second room had odd stains in the corners of the room along with clogged sinks that were filled to the rim with disgusting water. The third room had white stains on the duvae covers. This house keeping staff needs a serious lesson on cleaning, I'd like to see them stay in one of these germ ridden rooms for one night. This place needs to be shut down. Time to call it quits quality inn.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank JmcClane19
Joanne T, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Stroudsburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay with us. I have shared you comments with our Owner and department managers as we strive to provide every guest with an enjoyable stay. What you have experienced is definitely not the normal for this hotel and we apologize for that.

We are in the process of doing numerous renovations to our hotel and are still undertaking many more to come in the next few days, weeks and months. Hopefully you will come back and see us so that we may be given the opportunity to show you a more enjoyable time in the future.

Again we apologize for the concerns you had during your stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
#5 of 8 in Stroudsburg

Been to Quality Inn Stroudsburg? Share your experiences!