“Cesspool”

Quality Inn Stroudsburg
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
“Cesspool”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

This place is not even clean enough for city rats to live in, and that is stating it nicely. I have never seen such filth in all of my life. The parking lot was filled with hood rats and thugs of every color. After changing rooms three times we finally gave up and demanded a refund and went to a near by competitor. The first room had blood stained sheets and pubic hairs on the bed. The second room had odd stains in the corners of the room along with clogged sinks that were filled to the rim with disgusting water. The third room had white stains on the duvae covers. This house keeping staff needs a serious lesson on cleaning, I'd like to see them stay in one of these germ ridden rooms for one night. This place needs to be shut down. Time to call it quits quality inn.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank JmcClane19
Joanne T, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Stroudsburg, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay with us. I have shared you comments with our Owner and department managers as we strive to provide every guest with an enjoyable stay. What you have experienced is definitely not the normal for this hotel and we apologize for that.

We are in the process of doing numerous renovations to our hotel and are still undertaking many more to come in the next few days, weeks and months. Hopefully you will come back and see us so that we may be given the opportunity to show you a more enjoyable time in the future.

Again we apologize for the concerns you had during your stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Mussoorie, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was surprised by the list of underwhelming reviews but my stay was fine.

The help was present, my room was clean with no signs of mold or torn up chairs or things I have read I other reviews.

It is indeed an older hotel and with the case of older hotels they are renovating and perhaps I was on the renovated side of things and therefore it was more pleasant. As with older hotel renovations you can tell its the umpteenth layer of paint, they were stretching their outlets by adding on plugs that accommodate more electronics. It isn't always pretty but it was clean and comfortable and decently priced.

Also like many older hotels they had a central play area with a pool and other areas that never seem fully utilized but it is roomy.

Someone complained about an Indian restaurant going in there, I find that a positive. Even with the curry smell, and it will keep some away, but also draw others to it. There is a Perkins across the street so whatever they are serving you have something that you can walk too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Joanne T, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Stroudsburg, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment your stay with us. We are doing renovations in all areas of the hotel and yes, I agree, it takes time to get it all done.

I will share your comments with our owner and the other department managers and again our thanks for your nice response. We hope that you will join us again if you are in this area.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Horrible hotel. WAY over priced, no air conditioning. The room was dirty, the fridge had mold in it, the chair was covered in crumbs, and the tub had hair in it. It was disgusting and smelled terrible.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank DesertRN
Joanne T, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Stroudsburg, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the concerns you had during your stay with us. I have addressed you concerns with the owner and our department managers as insuring that all of our guests enjoy their stay it is a priority for all of us.

We did experience some problems with our air conditioning system while you were here and wish that you would have addressed your concerns with us during your stay so that we could have taken care of the problems.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we may show you a more enjoyable time.

Travelers are raving about these Stroudsburg hotels

East Berlin, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Let me start by saying the customer service rep was friendly . Seems like they are doing the best they can with the poor condition of this hotel. I will not take the chance to ever stay here again even though they say they are renovating. Breakfast not included with the stay. Perkins is across the street.They do have an indoor pool but we did not use it. We have stayed at other hotels in this area but never one in as poor condition.

Room Tip: If you have children that like to swim they have rooms which open to the pool area.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry you had some concerns during your recent stay with us.

As you stated, we are in the process of during renovations in all of our rooms and other areas of the hotel. This process will take time and much effort by our staff. We can only ask that you come back and see us again so that we can show you a more enjoyable stay with us.
Washington, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I would never stay at this hotel again. Shabby is the best word I can use to describe it. There were a myriad of issues....worn carpeting, very cheap fixtures in the bathroom. Sadly, I had splurged and reserved a room with a hot tub...the surfaces of the skirting and tub were not sealed properly and very chipped. We didn't even use the tub. Some of the electrical switches were missing wall plates. There was this odd, loud electrical/mechanical humming and floor vibration in the room the entire time we were there...the only thing I can think of is that we were over the pool pumps. The only good thing I can say for the property is that the linens seemed clean. The room faced the roofed-over pool and the hours were supposed to be 10:00 am to 10:00 pm, but there were kids screaming in the pool area at 11:30 pm and 8:00 am. Also, I am pretty sure that when I reserved the hotel, it indicated that continental breakfast was provided and it no longer is. So I way overpaid for a poor property. At least it was only one night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rochester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Decided to stop for the night. We were traveling from NH to KY. Came to this hotel looked nice from the outside. Walked in and front staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is under new management and is being remodeled. The rugs were worn but the room was clean. The pool area was very nice. Breakfast was not included with room but across the street was Perkins had a good breakfast there. Was quiet so had a good nights sleep. And that is what we were looking for. Probably will never be in the area again but if we were we might stay there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

No Indian restaurant inside hotel,,, please- not everyone likes it and the smell will effect the hotel stay..... international buffets or something basic , would work better. Hot breakfast should be free- Until then just go to Perkins across the street , well worth it. The brown metal door sticks , effort is needed to open and close, I don't like slamming doors. Carpet worn out and old furniture, some chipping- the fridges were new but was leaking water inside from freezer- we couldn't use it- was told it wasn't set to coldest setting to save money- not a good idea. shower head pressure weak and shower unit ,was stained ,chrome wasn't shinning at all. Don't be cheap with the updating of the hotel , we want to keep returning there, please . Its great location and very roomy, nice indoor pool area...

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos
Baymont Inn & Suites Bartonsville Poconos

Been to Quality Inn Stroudsburg? Share your experiences!