“Clean, reasonably priced & pleasant staff”

Quality Inn Stroudsburg
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
“Clean, reasonably priced & pleasant staff”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was in town for a camp & became ill. Saw this hotel was in a great location & cheap price so decided to try it. Glad I did. Staff was very pleasant at check in. Hotel is in middle of an overhaul,& I was in a room not done yet. It was very clean, bedding in good condition & bed comfy. Only complaint was peeling paint on bathrub, but was told new ones are coming in this month. Breakfast was included, & good for price. I would recommend if you are looking for an economical option in Stroudsburgh

• Stayed February 2013
jbush19, General Manager at Quality Inn Stroudsburg, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review. Most of the reviews are from the previous owner which are not so great. We are new owners and are striving to turn this hotel around so that everybody can give us the nice review that you did. I hope you come to see us again and also tell your friends about us. We are still under renovation and should be complete in about 2 months.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Asheboro, North Carolina
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed there for 4 nights, the room still had items in it from the previous visitor but it was comfortable. The complimentory breakfast was the exact same thing every single day!!! That got boring real quick. The sheets where NOT changed, only remade the bed. There's no elevator so I had to carry my heavy luggage up a light of stairs to my room which was all the way in the back. The wireless internet was constantly kicking me off line.

Room Tip: Have the items from the previous people who stayed removed from the room, add an elevator, bring out...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Blockheadnc
janet B, General Manager at Quality Inn Stroudsburg, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
I am sorry to hear of your disapointment with our hotel upon your visit with us. We are new owners and realize we have a lot of work to do to bring this hotel back to its original appearance. We would really appreciate it if you would give us another chance in 3 to 6 months. We have the first floor closed for renovations this month and hope to have the entire hotel renovated by march. I certainly understand your concern and hope you will give us another chance. Please don't judge Choice properties on your one bad experience with us.
tamiment
Reviewed November 5, 2012

our family stayed at pocono plaza inn ( quality inn ) during the aftermath of hurricane sandy. the staff was professional and very accomidating. the front desk employees were great during are stay on the 1st and 2nd of nov 2012. our room was clean and the indoor pool was awesome. the breakfast in the morning was very good. thank you !! Mark & Monica McCormick. rm 135.

Room Tip: nice hotel overall and if you have kids they will love the pool
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank monica m
janet B, Manager at Quality Inn Stroudsburg, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Mark and Monica, Thank you for your nice review. We appreciate that. You may have heard we are under new ownership and we are trying our best to improve the hotel. I hope you give us
another visit in about 3 to 6 months when our renovations are done. Let me know how much of a difference you see when you visit us again. Janet GM
Smith River
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Sign said Quality Inn. Not really. Front lobby has been remodeled and looks great. We thought we really were getting a good deal. Not so much. We drove around to the back of the hotel where our room was located. Run down, smelly, no heat at all. Staff brought us extra blankets but did not offer to move us. They did take 10% off of the bill for no hear! They were serving dinner in the patio area, next to the indoor pool, smelled of clorine. Breakfast we not worth eating. Place is under renovation, but has a very, very long way to go. Beds were good and linens were clean. I do wish we had stayed elsewhere!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank ddwildbird
Monroe, Connecticut
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This hotel is really run down and worn out including their employees who can't even manage to smile or be friendly. They must hate their jobs. The place has a musty odor, the Internet did not work and no effort was mde to resolve the problem. The bathroom grout was disgusting. They offered no breakfast not even coffee for the high price they charged. Ice machines did not work. Place was dingy and even dirty in areas. There were signs in room that read you would be charged $10 to your bill if you smoked in the room. The room smelled like they had allowed smoking right along and i became nauseous in the night. Even the one small trash can in the bathroom was totally cracked. A ral dump. We were stuck taking this room but I would never return by choice.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Diane B
Telford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed there for 2 nights and found it did need some improvements but they are working very hard to do just that. we had a great stay and the pool area was very nice! The bartender helped us with location's to visit and we found the food to be good. (even if it was just a bar menu) We look forward to going back again to see even more improvements.

Room Tip: We loved having a room that opened to the pool area, very nice. Also the people were very nice. Staf...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The hotel the building is nice but needsalot of work. There's mold in the tubs the hallways smell and look horrible. Half the ice machines don't work and asked about one I was told to use the one on the second floor and that's was it. The GM and her assistant are a joke. Neither of them seem to have any clue what they are doing and if I wasn't told they were managers I would of thought they were guests from what there were wearing. They had someone in the pool area painting the bar area the one thing I didn't like was the fact that want she was wearing I wasn't sure I checked in a family hotel. Then her boyfriend or husband came in and started fighting with each other and the language they were using was rude and horrible and I had young children they don't need that. If anyone was planing to come to the place I would suggest paying alittle more and stay at another hotel

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Johnsmirh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Budget Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos
Days Inn East Stroudsburg
Days Inn East Stroudsburg
#6 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Quality Inn Stroudsburg? Share your experiences!