“Don't waste your moola.”
Review of Pocono Plaza Inn

Pocono Plaza Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Smells bad, decrepit, I think they're remodeling.... But I still wouldn't ever go back. Mold behind te falling down wallpaper in the bathroom, mildew smell everywhere. Yea there's a pool.... But it's falling apart. Spend your money somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Cdef0406

Reviewed July 31, 2012

This hotel has been going downhill for years due to mismanagement, failing to fix problems within the hotel, and not upgrading. The Pocono Plaza Inn is now under new management after losing the Quality Inn name, and is turning the hotel around day by day. I stay at the hotel a lot, and have seen exterminators, contractors, maintenance, and people going in and out of the rooms with clipboards these past couple of weeks. I am confident that all of these bad posts will disappear in time simply because the problems will not exist anymore. I give a great amount of credit to management for taking on the huge job of turning this place back to the standard it was in previous years. As a supporter of this local business, I will ask that those of you that want to post negative feedback on matters that are being addressed, refrain from doing so to a hotel that new management is doing its best to turn around. This hotel has a lot of potential, and someone has recognized it, and is making the right steps towards improving the hotel.

Room Tip: The second floor rooms are far better than the 1st floor, and the humidity from the pool does not af...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights a week ago, room was very clean and bed was very comfortable. Pool was warm and inviting. Front desk was very helpful and professional. Granted property needs some upgrades, during my stay there were several crews working both outside and in some rooms. Even though this work was being done I was not disturbed by any of it. I felt overall that the value was quite good considering the prices today. The breakfast hours of 6-9 a.m. could however be extended and a selection upgrade of items would be great as well. However overall being right next to RT. 80 and near downtown it is in a great spot. I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank RockinRob1
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We were driving by and needed a place to stay last minute because we were too tired to drive back to the city. Saw this on a google search and decided to take a chance and drive by. Probably don't need to even write a review for this place, from the looks of it, it was a ghosttown. Unfriendly staff, and I ended up with bedbug bites on my legs. I also took pictures of cockroaches to show the front desk, but when they were informed, they did not looked surprised at all, and their response was, "Okay." Literally, no smile, no anything, just "okay." I told her not to worry, I'll still pay my full night's bill, but I was informing her as a heads-up because it's dangerous to their customer's health so as the manager, she needs to get it taken care of. She did not say anything and continued to pretend she was reading something on the computer. Did not even say bye. For the sake of your own health, and to prevent bites (my bites are still quite itchy/painful), do not stay here. If you don't believe me, I'll send you some pictures.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Andrea L
Reviewed June 2, 2012

My family and I have stayed there several times when we come up to visit family and friends. We found the staff to be professional, courteous, and most times willing to go above and beyone to please people. My family loves the indoor pool and the rooms are very comfortable. We are looking forward to coming back very soon!!

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are great. Walk out of the room and jump right into pool!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2012

From the front desk to the pool, this hotel needs a complete over haul! The kids had fun in the pool but the parents cringed looking at the peeling paint and the leaking domed "glass" ceiling. The rooms were not too dirty but the cigarette burns on the rug were plenty, our blanket had a huge ":slice" in it. Never had our room cleaned after the first night, My husband complained so we were left a bag of towels and a roll of toilet paper! Thanks so much!!!! NOT WORTH THE OVER $100/NIGHT PRICE

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank 5AAAAA
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed at the Pocono's inn formerly Quality inn and this place is horrible. The staff are not friendly or helpful. When we checked in they had to check to see if our room was ready. We were not in a big rush since we were there for the marathon and wanted to check out the expo. When we did finally get to our room we walked in and discovered our bathroom was not clean. Toilet seat up, garbage in the can (not from us) and the tub and shower had spots and hair. Pretty disgusting. I immediately check our sheets and found clean sheets but some dirt at the top. I went down to report it and nobody came up to fix the problem. Later we asked for more towels and coffee and the two older women at the desk were not very friendly. They looked at me light they didn't understand what I was asking for and opened a drawer gave me one coffee and then went into a room and gave me two towels. No your welcome have a nice day. Would not recommend this place. There were other hotels we could stay at but since the expo was there we figured this would be the best place to stay, Very outdated and dirty.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank macmom2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Hampton Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos

Been to Pocono Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!