“Good Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights a week ago, room was very clean and bed was very comfortable. Pool was warm and inviting. Front desk was very helpful and professional. Granted property needs some upgrades, during my stay there were several crews working both outside and in some rooms. Even though this work was being done I was not disturbed by any of it. I felt overall that the value was quite good considering the prices today. The breakfast hours of 6-9 a.m. could however be extended and a selection upgrade of items would be great as well. However overall being right next to RT. 80 and near downtown it is in a great spot. I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank RockinRob1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

We were driving by and needed a place to stay last minute because we were too tired to drive back to the city. Saw this on a google search and decided to take a chance and drive by. Probably don't need to even write a review for this place, from the looks of it, it was a ghosttown. Unfriendly staff, and I ended up with bedbug bites on my legs. I also took pictures of cockroaches to show the front desk, but when they were informed, they did not looked surprised at all, and their response was, "Okay." Literally, no smile, no anything, just "okay." I told her not to worry, I'll still pay my full night's bill, but I was informing her as a heads-up because it's dangerous to their customer's health so as the manager, she needs to get it taken care of. She did not say anything and continued to pretend she was reading something on the computer. Did not even say bye. For the sake of your own health, and to prevent bites (my bites are still quite itchy/painful), do not stay here. If you don't believe me, I'll send you some pictures.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Andrea L

Travelers are raving about these Stroudsburg hotels

rockaway beach, n. y.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

My family and I have stayed there several times when we come up to visit family and friends. We found the staff to be professional, courteous, and most times willing to go above and beyone to please people. My family loves the indoor pool and the rooms are very comfortable. We are looking forward to coming back very soon!!

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are great. Walk out of the room and jump right into pool!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

From the front desk to the pool, this hotel needs a complete over haul! The kids had fun in the pool but the parents cringed looking at the peeling paint and the leaking domed "glass" ceiling. The rooms were not too dirty but the cigarette burns on the rug were plenty, our blanket had a huge ":slice" in it. Never had our room cleaned after the first night, My husband complained so we were left a bag of towels and a roll of toilet paper! Thanks so much!!!! NOT WORTH THE OVER $100/NIGHT PRICE

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank 5AAAAA
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed at the Pocono's inn formerly Quality inn and this place is horrible. The staff are not friendly or helpful. When we checked in they had to check to see if our room was ready. We were not in a big rush since we were there for the marathon and wanted to check out the expo. When we did finally get to our room we walked in and discovered our bathroom was not clean. Toilet seat up, garbage in the can (not from us) and the tub and shower had spots and hair. Pretty disgusting. I immediately check our sheets and found clean sheets but some dirt at the top. I went down to report it and nobody came up to fix the problem. Later we asked for more towels and coffee and the two older women at the desk were not very friendly. They looked at me light they didn't understand what I was asking for and opened a drawer gave me one coffee and then went into a room and gave me two towels. No your welcome have a nice day. Would not recommend this place. There were other hotels we could stay at but since the expo was there we figured this would be the best place to stay, Very outdated and dirty.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank macmom2006
Ocean County, NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

Stayed at Pocono Plaza Inn, as it was the 'host hotel' for Pocono Run for Red Marathon. It was very run down, musty, old,etc. Assumed it would be decent as it was the 'Host Hotel', but I was wrong. Not sure if the other chain hotels in the area are any better, but this was not worth the money I spent. No breakfast on the weekends, AC unit had on and off function, that was it. While doing stretches morning of marathon, I noticed there was food or something embedded in the worn carpet in several spots. Gross. The saving grace of Pocono Plaza Inn was the extremely nice and understanding house keeper who let us back into our room after we returned from the marathon. Although we requested late check out, our room keys were deactivated (It was 1:30, for a host hotel, the late check out should at least be after the marathon shuts down, 2pm)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank adidaseeyore
Albany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

My family and I recently took a trip out to the Poconos. We are from Albany and met a few of our close friends from New Jersey here. Initially when we got to the hotel we were surprised at how close it was to all the action and the fact that it was right off I-80 made it easy for us to get to the outlets. When we entered the hotel, which is no longer the Quality Inn, but the Pocono Plaza Inn, we were amazed. The Hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and courteous, and we were given our keys in a timely fashion. We loved our rooms, my kids stayed right next door to us, so we could keep an eye on them, we had one of those connecting rooms, I love those !!! The swimming pool was clean and spotless, the sauna was great. At night the restaurant owner, Larry, gave use drinks on the house. Thanks Larry!!! We had a blast. If i had to do it again i would definitely come back here with all my friends and family.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Baymont Inn & Suites Bartonsville Poconos
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
#5 of 8 in Stroudsburg

Been to Quality Inn Stroudsburg? Share your experiences!