“It was surprisingly OK”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I expected it to be what you would get for $80 a night. It was surprisingly well maintained and the rooms were relatively clean. The non-smoking room did not smell like a smoking room (it usually does). AC in the room worked well. Only complaint regarding the room is the carpet and chairs need to be cleaned as there were some stains on them.

The hotel is just off Main St but close enough.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel was great! It's located right off of Route 80, so perfect if you're traveling. The room was clean and cozy it was exactly what we needed. There's a few great restaurants just down the street from the hotel which was also another plus. The breakfast was great and the staff was extremely accommodating. I'll definitely book again.

Room Tip: I loved my room, so I am guessing they are all great!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Avani D
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while on a vacation to the Poconos, the hotel was conveniently located right off of route 80. Overall, my experience of the hotel was quite positive, the room was clean and tidy, it accommodated my family of 4 just fine. I appreciated the fact that I could park my car right outside my room. The front desk staff was also friendly, the lady at the front desk was able to direct us to Main Street (only 2 blocks away from the hotel) for dinner, and I found the overall atmosphere of Stroudsburg upbeat, yet relaxing. The continental breakfast in the morning was satisfying. For the price, this place is a great bang for your buck!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TRich_1133
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The entire hotel is in disrepair, actual holes in the carpet through which you could see broken decking. The room --supposedly non-smoking--reeked of cigarette smoke. We had to launder or dry clean everything that had been in our suitcases --and we were only there ONE night. Drive on by!

Room Tip: The Econolodge national folks should do an inspection.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bh1970981
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We just stayed for one night in a king size room w a jacuzzi. I used only 8000 choice points for an August stay. The room was out dated but very clean the jacuzzi seemed newer and worked well. Breakfast was skip able as we did and went next store to comptons which was excellent and low priced.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GordonC111
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The room was very clean, fresh linens, clean towels, etc...Staff is very friendly, management/owners very very nice to chat with. Its always great to be there for our 5 day stay every year. We really look forward in going back. A beautiful place being run by beautiful people. and its just a stone throw away from 80

Room Tip: Any room is just fine for travelers
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Great place to stay! Easy to get to off Route 80. Close to everything. Within walking distance of downtown. Rooms are clean and the hotel staff is friendly and accommodating. We return every year! It's our home away from home.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank EveMarie48
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos
Best Western Plus Poconos Hotel

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!