“The Best Ice Cream I've Ever Had in Lancaster”
Review of Strasburg Creamery

Strasburg Creamery
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Strasburg
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed February 6, 2010

Enter into a time gone by when you walk into the Strasburg Country Store. Antique looking wooden floors, decorations tables and chairs accomidate customoers as they dine on their favorite icecream.

The service is time period orientated...ice cream servers stand behind an old counter and pleasently take your order. the ice cream is delicous...the best i'veever had. The atmospehere is much like an antique store, which the store parically is. You van find a wide variety of kitchen untensils, candy and antiques in the store. The store help is also very pleasent.

My family and I always enjoy stopping here!

1  Thank Lancaster27

Reviewed October 30, 2009

We use to goto the creamery all the time but it seems like it is under new management and it is very commercial now. The icecream is okay but it is all different now, just don't get the old time feeling anymore. Food needs some work, too greasy. Fudge was good but way too pricey

2  Thank ilovepa
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We had lunch here and it was yummy! Hubby and I had a sandwich, son had hot dog and fries and daughter had salad. It wasn't very expensive like so many places in Lancaster area. They had all kinds of candy, ice cream, homemade peanut butter, pretzels etc. Be sure to go to the back and check out the bee hive. You can watch bees through the glass-very interesting! We found this place very charming and the food was ever so good!

Reviewed June 16, 2009

We stopped here on a Friday for lunch and ice cream. Even though the store was not crowded we waited 20 minutes for our sandwiches. For $15 hubby got a burger and lemonade and I got a Reuben. We each got a crispy dill pickle wedge and a handful of kettle chips with our sandwiches. My Rueben was the best I've ever had out(piping hot all the way through and the leanest corned beef ever)and I thought a good value at $6.50(lean corned beef is outrageously expensive at the deli).
For dessert I had a waffle bowl sundae with hot fudge. I chose sweet cream and nut as my ice cream flavor since they had just 1 unappealing sugar-free flavor(lemon, yuck) and no reduced fat flavors.
The creamery makes their own waffle cones and bowls fresh all day so I had to try one. I wasn't impressed. It was disappointingly bland. I've had much better cones at the Jersey Shore.
The ice cream itself was very sweet but didn't have that greasy texture some homemade ice creams tend to have.
The hot fudge was no more than thick chocolate sauce. McDonald's hot fudge is 10X better.
Hubby had a malted milkshake which we both agreed was not malty enough.
All together we spent $25 on food.
The atmosphere was nice. It had a nice vintage feel.
The fudge samples we were given were so yummy but the candy prices were absurd. I won't pay $14lb for fudge or $1.50 per piece of dipped chocolate. Even the store's boxed snacks, mixes, dried foods and sweets were obviously overpriced. Most of the same items can be had at the Bird-In-Hand Farmers market for $2-4 less per pound.

Reviewed March 1, 2009

Very relaxing and a great stop to enjoy the scenery.