“Great rooms, fun activities, and extremely family friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Verdant View Farm Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Strasburg
Verdant View Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Strasburg B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great rooms, fun activities, and extremely family friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed in the "Little White House" that forms part of Verdant View last weekend, and had a great time! The rooms (and the living room and kitchen downstairs) were well set-up and equipped, and each room had plenty of space (and beds) to fit our families (each room slept up to 5). The hosts are exceedingly friendly and available for tours of the farm. We had an awesome time!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
VerdantView, Manager at Verdant View Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you! We're glad you enjoyed the rooms, the farm, and the experience overall. Our doors are open if you ever want to visit again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Katoomba, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

From the first phone conversation ,asking questions, getting details, confirming reservations etc,,,To the time I said "Until Next Time: to the family who owns the farm, and every second in between, they all made me and my son feel as if we lived there and was part of the family.
I will always stay there whenever I am in that area, and, I also will make special trips , just so I can stay there again. Clean room, great food, warm feelings, Cannot wait to stay again. Looking forward to going when the corn is grown and make some popcorn. :)

• 5 of 5 bubbles
With all sincerity, thank you! Your review brings a big smile to my face. We hope you can return sometime again soon. We didn't get a chance to plant popcorn this Spring due to many other priorities - but we have planted acres and acres of field corn that you can enjoy seeing!
Chadbourn, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Don and Ginny really made us feel welcome at Verdant View B&B. We were on our Honeymoon and completely enjoyed our stay on the farm. We actually live on a farm too, but my husband's biggest desire was to meet an Amish farmer and have an opportunity to go work with him. As we came home that night, there was a family at the pond, fishing! He walked over to them and began a conversation. As luck (or God) would have it, his family lived across the street, and he welcomed us to his farm the following morning. My husband was permitted to lead the team of 7 mules in the field to disc and cultivate the land. He was ecstatic!!! We formed a friendship with the Fisher family that we will treasure! The food was great, and we enjoyed the "Johnny Appleseed Grace". Eating around the table was a little tight, but all in all, was still nice!
Elisa(I hope I spelled it right) was a gracious host and a joy to be around! To Ginny, we send our continued prayers for you to be healed in your body!

Room Tip: Stayed in room 7. It is upstairs, but it is large, with a King-sized bed, fireplace, eating area, co...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cartrette
Wow! You truly had a unique experience with the Fisher family. That's spectacular that your husband's goal was met completely by surprise. Thank you for including us on your trip and for your kind comments.
Brick, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stayed in room 4and5. What a wonderful experience! The next time I stay I will stay longer and stay on the farm the whole time. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Alisa was just so pleasant and wonderful and answered all my questions. The breakfast was delicious... I loved the Apple pan Dowdy so much I bought Ginny's cook book( lots of great recipes, it's a must buy). The room was very relaxing and immaculate from the moment I entered. The beds were so comfortable I wanted to stay another night but the place is very popular so it was already booked. If you want a wonderful experience that melts stress away stay here. My next trip will definitely be at least a 2 night stay. The room was decorated very nicely with lovely furniture. I also loved the little cubby with a binder of things to do,places to eat and etc. There was also tons of family games in the cubby what an amazing idea. My boys didn't miss tv or their electronics. Verdant farms is hands down my favorite. Fun for all ages. Tons of fun farm experiences to do on the farm. You must do the farm apprentice and farm tour. I will be booking my next stay in a couple of weeks.

Room Tip: Definitely choose the room4&5 Very clean and comfy! You have tons of space if you want the littl...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We'd love to have you come back again soon! Thank you for your kind words and for sharing some of particular reasons you enjoyed your stay. The basket of toys and games available with each private bath unit was a brilliant idea from a family member who once had young children of her own....I'll be sure to let her know that you appreciated that touch. Many thanks again, and see you soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We would like to extend a huge thank you to Don and Ginny for sharing your farm with us for our stay on April 17th...we had 6 adults and 5 children under 9...we rented the entire little white house on our wat to Strasburg Railroad( which runs directly behind B and B) it was absolutely perfect for all of us..beds were comfortable..custom bunks were a huge hit w kiddos...kitchen was beautiful and well appointed. ..living area was very nice and cozy...bathrooms were very clean...back yard had swingset and picnic table which was perfect for kids...we all enjoyed participating in the farm activities. .kids got to milk cows. .feed the new baby cows which were only 2 weeks old..collect eggs from chickens..and took a wagon ride to learn the history of farm (this was all included with our cost of our stay)..we all just absolutely loved the breakfast on Friday morning (note: rhey do not serve breakfast on SUNDAY) ..homemade EVERYTHING. .fresh juice..smoked sausage..eggs and raw milk all fresh from farm...dessert was an apple crisp which was OUTSTANDING! I even purchased the owners cookbook to attempt to make some of the wonderful recipes we enjoyed on farm...we all gathered in AM ..sang grace.. and shared where we were all from to get to know all guests at B and B...I would say only negative was road noise at night but hey I had so much fun all day i was too tired to even worry about the road noise...we all had an awesome time. .thank u Don and Ginny for everything. ..we had a wonderful time!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Renee W
Thank you for your detailed and kind review! We're so glad that your group enjoyed their stay with us. Please do let us know if you find a favorite recipe in Ginny's cookbook - or come back to visit if you'd rather try them in person!
Norwood, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Hi,
This farm stay is not geared to children under 4. My grandsons are 9 and 10 and they really enjoyed it. The babies and toddlers did not. You need to supervise your children. There is no fence around the place. Plus, it's a working farm, and children cannot wander on their own. I couldn't believe that there were kids wearing flip flops! You need to wear sneakers and bring boots in case of rain. The home-cooked breakfast experience was nice but the room was very crowded because of the large number of guests. The farm tour includes a tour of the entire farm. After that, you get to milk the cows and feed bottles of milk to the calves. The room was nice, but remember, it's just a bedroom - no TV and folks go to bed early there.

Room Tip: Some rooms have shared bathrooms. I made sure I reserved one with a private bath.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for visiting our farm this Spring. As you describe, our family operates a working dairy farm, and we strive to offer an authentic farm experience for all of our visitors. Our farm is primarily designed to function as a farm - a fence might work around a petting zoo, but as a farm, we work hard to make it work appropriately for our cows and farm needs. The milk truck has to come every other day, deliveries have to be made, cows have to walk out to the pasture, and tractors and equipment need to be able to go between the barns and fields. Many visitors have shared that they enjoy the "behind-the-scenes" view that our farm provides. People of all ages can enjoy different aspects of the farm. We frequently have children under 4 visit the farm and many of them squeal with delight with each new animal they discover - and always under the supervision of their parents. Parents have often shared how the farm helps to bring to life the stories they read in farm-themed children's books. We hope this rings true for the children and adults in your family as well.
Hillsborough, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful weekend here. We loved being able to get up close to the animals, petting them, feeding them and learning about them. The kids loved all the friendly cats and the dog, and especially the rabbits. We learned a lot about dairy farming while we were there. The family and staff were friendly and knowledgeable. Also, the breakfast was amazingly delicious! We were so full we skipped lunch! We also did the Animal Care Farmer's Apprentice, which included some of the same chores as we did in the morning, plus some extras.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite in the "Little White House" that had a room for kids in a bunk, and a...
Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay and farm experience. Since you loved the animals so much, I thought I'd share a quick update about some of them: Hank (the sheep) just got sheared for the first time, Scooby also just got a haircut, the bunnies born this Spring are growing like weeds, and we just had another baby calf born this Tuesday. We're expecting new baby kids this month (goat kids, that is).
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strasburg
Eden Resort & Suites, BW Premier Collection
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lancaster East - Strasburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
BEST WESTERN PLUS Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
#2 of 3 in Bird in Hand
Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn

Been to Verdant View Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!