“Better Choices Elsewhere”

Isaac's Deli & Restaurant Incorporated
Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in Strasburg
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Issac’s is located between Strasburg and the Strasburg Railroad on Route 741. It was our first and will be our last visit to any Issac’s, which is a chain of sandwich shops through the Harrisburg area. The wait staff was nice, which may have been the only positive part of the visit. We were seated in a replica of an old railroad car with tight tables and booths.

The food was not worth it. The sandwiches are small with average grocery store ingredients. Only the meats within the sandwich are grilled and not the entire sandwich. The special house chips were OK, but the baked chips are simply a bag of Lays. There are very few options for other sides or add-ons.

The bathrooms were located outside of the restaurant in the small shopping plaza. The bathrooms were filthy and we questioned the value of even washing our hands prior to eating.

If you are looking to feed the family on the go at a low price and don't care about food quality, then maybe this is the place to go. If you are looking for something different or more fulfilling, it may be worth considering other options.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I ate at Isaac's with some friends on a recent trip to Lancaster County and was very pleased with my meal, as were my friends. I had the "Pipit" sandwich - a chicken salad with almonds & cranberries on french bread with provolone cheese and coleslaw, and the entire thing was toasted. It was far too big to get into my mouth so I had to resort to using a knife and fork, but it was DELICIOUS. I also had the red potato salad - wonderful flavor and a generous portion. One of my friends had a Ruben on toasted rye along with the Pepper Jack Tomato soup - she was so impressed she looked up the recipes while we were still sitting there. The other friend had the grilled club and was equally impressed. The service was very good and the ambiance was pleasant.

TIP: Sign up for their newsletter and get a free sandwich with the purchase of another. I got my free sandwich to go and was thrilled to have it for supper that night!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I've been to Isaac's many times, and the food has always been great. The wait staff, while friendly and generally professional, almost frequently makes mistakes. Common ones include not refilling drinks and over-charging on the bill. I wouldn't normally mention it, but when it happens time and time again over the years, it does make a person wonder what is going on.....

Reviewed February 1, 2014

We have eaten at Isaacs for lunch on several occasions, including their delis a Strasburg and Mount Joy (a more modern, newer location). Isaacs has several other locations throughout south central PA. The soups we enjoy most are the Pepperjack Tomato and their special soups, mainly the seafood, and once truly enjoyed a cold creamy peach (OMG - desert before lunch). The sandwich menu contains many offerings. The ones we enjoy most are the Phoenix (ham, pineapple and melted provolone cheese on a kaiser roll -- a bit messy) and the Falcon Club (sliced beef, melted cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayo). The two locations mentioned and the menu are very kid friendly. The lunch pricing is very reasonable. Other attributes of Isaccs include very clean table settings and restrooms, and timely table service. We visit Issacs often.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

There are great sandwiches and soups to choose from. In the Strasburg restaurant (close to the Strasburg Railroad), you may be able eat in a railcar.