“Not worth the price!!”

Isaac's Deli & Restaurant Incorporated
Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in Strasburg
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I decided to try Isaac's deli while passing through Strasburg. The sandwich was quite small and was priced over $8. It was half of a typical New York deli style sandwich. It was good but not great and like I said it was quite small. I was still quite hungry after eating it. My wife ordered a 1/2 sandwich and soup. Again, the sandwich part was quite small. The server at first brought her the wrong soup with her order. They allowed us to keep the wrong one and then brought the correct soup. While eating the soup my wife pulled out a crouton covered with 2 large mold spots on it. We mentioned it to the server and she said "at least it was in the one you didnt want in the first place". That doesn't really matter since she had already eaten from it!!! They did remove it from the bill. For the price I would definitely not go back.

2  Thank andrew1768

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Thanksgiving on a pretzel roll was awesome! All the sandwiches we had were great Our waitress was attentive and very sweet. We wanted to go back again but we were leaving the next day.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We really enjoyed our dinner at Isaac's. It's a great casual restaurant! I would recommend this restaurant in any location. It was fun sitting in a railway car!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were seated in the dining room, not the train booths. The selection of different sandwich combinations is pretty large. My husband enjoyed the Firebird (buffalo chicken on Pretzel Bun). I enjoyed the roast beef / bacon / spinach club sandwich. Both came with chips, although we substituted apple sauce. The dish of pickles, cauliflower and carrots is always welcoming. The unsweetened ice tea was very good. We both enjoy the food here.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

First let me say that I have eaten here before and had a good experience. However, last night, I could not have felt less welcome. Clearly, they wanted to do nothing but finish cleaning and get out early. I know that the Thomas train weekend can be a busy time, but one person should be as important as several. Especially when us single travellers write reviews! The deli is known for it's homestyle meals and sandwiches. It is convenient to the Strasburg rr. I asked someone who was cleaning if I could be seated. She directed me to the empty hostess desk. After a few minutes, she decided to seat me herself. I left after a few minutes. It was clear that they wanted nothing to do with me and everything to getting out early. I won't try them again this season. Maybe another time when they are busier. But the still had plenty of time to have provided service and not blown me off, wishing me away.