“Loved Scooting around Amish Country”
Review of Strasburg Scooters

Strasburg Scooters
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Strasburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Get up close and personal with Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Enjoy a guided covered bridge tour through the back roads of Amish Country. Ride alongside horse and buggies as well as past Amish schoolhouses with an experienced guide. Strasburg Scooters offers a variety of tours including Bridges and Beer, Amish Country Mystery Tour and more. All tours are led by an experienced guide.
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This was well worth the wait! (the first attempt was canceled due to rain) Riding by scooter was the perfect way to really see and enjoy this beautiful countryside. Mark was a great tour guide-very thorough in safety and in fun facts. I will definitely do again and recommend to anyone who visits.

There are newer reviews for Strasburg Scooters

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I really like the countryside and empty roads so this was perfect for me. My wife enjoyed it too - especially the sticky buns at the end of the ride. The best buns in the world according to her.

I enjoyed the slow pace and picturesque locale. Our host gave us a nice, close-up view of an Amish dairy farm and some nice background on the bridges.

NOTE: my wife was not loving the scooter as much as me. She fell once but was agile enough to not get injured. Another in our party crashed twice but was uninjured. Wife also indicated that she gave birth to a ten-plus pound baby and needs a bathroom break on a three hour tour. My bladder was fine.

In my opinion, the scooter is secondary to the beautiful farmland and quiet.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Was looking for something different to do in Lancaster and since 3 of 4 of us have m/c licenses this seemed a good fit. Marc was knowledgeable of the area and put the apprehensive wife at ease. After a delay when the lead scoot broke down we were limited to 2 bridges but that's enough seat time for most riders. Being a Sunday trip the roads were loaded with buggies which added to the attraction....and aroma. The wife's fear and complaining for 2 days about riding solo quickly vanished. Great ride getting to see the sights at a slower pace.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed this adventure. Experience isn't necessary, like our instructor said - it is like riding a bike but you don't pedal. Was a wonderful way to see country side of beautiful Lancaster county. Really enjoyed it. Our guide was great! Highly recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

If you are going for the experience of riding a scooter through the hills of Lancaster, then this is the trip for you. If you want to see a lot of covered bridges, then you may want to try another trip. I had problems with the turns on the scooter, so make sure you are very comfortable riding a scooter before venturing out on the trip. Mark was very pleasant and accommodating. I would recommend Strasburg scooters to anyone who wants to experience riding a motor scooter.

2  Thank Peg D
Lt-49, Owner at Strasburg Scooters, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Strasburg Scooters, and for your willingness to recommend us to a friend. The number of covered bridges that we visit on each tour will vary from trip to trip. On our Covered Bridge Tour, we will always see at least two bridges. The number of bridges that are visited on each trip are determined by the guide. We have a variety of bridges and routes that are guide can take based on the group that they are with. A number of variables come into play when determining the route, including the skill level of the group and the speed at which the group is traveling during a tour. The first bridge, easiest to navigate, is where the guide can evaluate the skill level of the group, adjustments to the route are made made from there. Safety is always our number one concern, and we will not add an additional bridge at the risk of our guest's safety.

Thank you again for your review. We're glad that you had a good time.