“Absolutely Perfect Stay”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Strasburg
Georgetown, South Carolina
“Absolutely Perfect Stay”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My wife and I checked into the Amish Lanterns along with our little (5lb) dog. We were there for 3 days. The owners were very nice, friendly, and helpful. The motel sits on a green hilltop right in the middle of the beautiful Amish farm country. What an envious treat to hear and see the buggies passing by. We would wave to them as they went by and a very friendly hello was given in return. The hotel has a little age on it but the owners take very good care of it. We really enjoyed our stay. It was so peaceful and quite and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. We can highly recommend the Amish Lanterns to you and when we return we will stay there again. To sum it up, clean, quite, comfortable, relaxing, economical, close to everything fun to do and see, and the owners are so very friendly and helpful. They make you feel welcome! Thanks....Debra and Dean

Room Tip: We favored the building next to the pool, 2nd floor. Very nice view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank william j

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This the second time we have stayed there.. I would rather spend my money in the outlet malls. It is a very basic hotel.. But it is warm and dry... The lady at the rest was friendly. Don't expect 5 star ... But we slept well and it did the trick. :-)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Strasburg hotels

Cutler Bay, Florida
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Like some others I read the scary reviews about this motel. But the price was right for me , my husband, and 2 small dogs.
I agree with some other reviews that the motel was old. The fixtures were probably from circa 1950's. But that didn't bother me a bit. It reminded me of my Mom's house.
The room was very clean. The beds were comfortable. I slept very well. The service was great. The front desk Laura was exceptional. She makes very good coffee.
We were pleased with our stay. It was a positive experience. No complaints from this traveller.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank EvaPenkal
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I along with our two children decieded to stay here last minute and asked to have the room for a week, well we were told there was a two week minimum and the price was 250$ a week. This was reasonable so we said ok. When we went to check in the very rude employee tried to charge me over 1000$. When I said that I just spoke to her and the price was quite different on the phone, she changed her mind and the price changed again. This makes me wonder... She charged a family of 4 355$ for 4 nights, I overheard this transaction while getting my little debbie honey bun n coffee. (This isnt continental breakfast)I was also told everyone pays something different, depending on how much the rude woman wants to pocket.
There was an out of control drunk woman who put her hands on me, which apparently was a known trouble maker yet continued to be aloud to harrass the guests.
I chose to leave due to the drama and the lady refused to return my 275$. Thanks for the horrible stay. I recomend for everyone to check around, there is better.

• Stayed August 2013
8 Thank Kara M
Laurie D, Manager at Amish Lanterns Motel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
As the manager I am aware of who this is. When you checked into the motel you gave false information and was asked to vacate property after accosting your neighbor who also happened to be your friend. To anyone reading this review PLEASE do not consider this a valid review, this guest wrote this review after being asked to leave by the boro police. Please call management at hotel 717-687-7839 and I will be happy to explain in more detail.
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The following is my opinion based on my recent overnight stay at the Amish Lanterns Motel. The room was dark, musty, and lacking in proper air conditioning. We were greated by long black hairs in the bathroom sink and a nice wad of black hair in the tub. That was probably why the lighting in the bathroom didn't work. The baseboard molding was peeled away from the wall and the wallpaper was off in spots. We walked down to the "snack room" and were horrified to see literary thousands of dead flies on the floor, not to mention the huge questionable stains in the carpeting. That room smelled just nasty!! I would poke out my eyes before I would stay here again. I barely slept a wink. My husband slept like a rock. He always says he can sleep "anywhere" and this just goes to prove it!!! Please don't waste your money.

Room Tip: Not a good room in the place, no tips to be had.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beverlina E
Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry you were displeased with your stay. We are not a newer motel but we are a clean, presentable hotel with much to offer. Our snack vending area is cleaned on a daily basis, however with many guests going in and out of area the door stays open more than closed, I will look into this matter and see what we can do so insects do not have easy access to the room.
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 4, 2013

It is time for the owners to put some money into updating the basic needs of a hotel room. We were disappointed when we found our room to be nothing like the room shown on this motel's web site. There was only one floor lamp in the room, which was not in complete working order, the refrigerator had a very strong odor and had mold inside it and the room had a stale musty odor. With the poor conditions and appearance of the room, we immediately decided to check out and did not even stay the one night as planned.
The desk clerk was very nice, offered us another room, which we declined, and refunded our money without question.
This motel is at a wonderful location to the sights of Lancaster, but we will never consider staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank DKK515251
Thank you for your review although negative it is vey helpful to us. Our staff has been refreshed on the cleaning procedures of a room and I can assure you nothing like this would happen again. I hope you did enjoy your time in Lancaster County and possibly give us a second chance.
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Booked a room for 3 based on price & location to planned activities. We are three adult women who do not expect 5-star rooms; however, to say room was shabby would be kind. It was a complete dump. The air conditioner, which barely worked, blew black crumbly insulation onto the refrigerator. Upon opening the refrigerator we were assailed by a horrible odor and the sight of mold. The one light in the room was a pole light and not all the lights worked. We inspected the sheets and found one to have a nasty orange stain. The only upside to the whole experience was that upon speaking to the manager and telling her that the room was unacceptable she immediately offered to refund our room fee. In retrospect I should have cancelled the room after reading previous bad reviews. Perhaps the Health Dept. should check this place out!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank 60somethingsbffs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strasburg
Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn
#2 of 39 in Lancaster
Dutch Treat Motel
Dutch Treat Motel
#13 of 16 in Ronks

Been to Amish Lanterns Motel? Share your experiences!