I can finally say I'm a true believer in you get what you pay for. Never again would I stay there or recommend it to anyone. To say this place is outdated and dirty would be an understatement and embarrassment to Lancaster County. Here's the list of horrible:
1. Walked in room and front window popped open because it was broken. Had to push it shut everytime the door was opened or shut.
2. Bathroom light didn't work and owner even told me it didn't work ...... Then how about fixing it!!
3. TV didn't work, told her about it and she told me how to fix it, that didn't work, TV just had a message that said it was a bad signal call a 1-800 #.
4. In the bathroom there was something that looked like bird crap splattered on the seat, not sure if it indeed was or something dripping out of the exhaust fan. First time I've ever stood to go to bathroom in a motel. And in the AM, it actually sounded like birds were living in the motel somewhere, I jumped up out of bed and ran in the bathroom to see if they were in there because it was so loud.
5. Multiple holes in the wall.
6. Hot water only stayed hot for about 3 minutes, my camper has hot water longer than that!!
7. Comforter on bed looks to be about 30 years old, very dirty looking, sheets looked like they probably weren't changed for a while and one pillow had a missing case??? I just assumed the last people that stayed there made the bed and they never checked it or pulled the comforter back.
8. AC worked great, I'll give that an A+
9. Pool was horrible looking and disgusting, I've swam in creeks that were cleaner. And for a Holiday weekend, why wouldn't it be cleaned and open?
10. Sink in the bathroom wouldn't drain, you had to pull up on the stopper to get the water to drain.
11. The chairs on our balcony were so dirty and disgusting I wouldn't have sat in them on a dare.
12. We were given a free breakfast, we never did redeem it because after looking at the motel room and the way the upkeep was, we were actually scared to eat there, so not real sure what it was like.
13. And you may ask, why didn't you call the office? Because there was no phone in our room!! And my thoughts were, why would they fix anything if they already gave me a room with a bathroom light not working and holes in the walls!!
14. I got this room to stay close to the auction I was at for 2 days, no need to take the camera, what a mistake; I would have loved to add photos to this review.
I just want you to know that I do not know the owner and have never stayed there before this weekend, so I have no reason to write a bad review, other than to give an honest version of what this place was like. I wish I would have read the reviews myself before I booked it. In all honesty, I think this run down place is beyond repair, just needs to be torn down and started over.
DON'T LET THE PICTURES FOOL YOU, THEY ARE OLD AND OUTDATED, JUST LIKE THIS MOTEL!!
So to end this, I will say Thank You Amish Lanterns Motel, you have changed me. Because from now on I will always read reviews and spend a few extra dollars to get a descent motel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amish Lantern Motel is a 33 room motel which consists of 3 room types 2 double beds, 2 queen beds, and a King bed. All rooms come with microwave, fridge and 32 flat screen TV. We also have free wifi and a continental breakfast every morning. We are located in the heart of "Amish country" We are just off the highway(RT30) near great shopping outlets and many other venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Amish Lanterns Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amish Lanterns Hotel Strasburg
- Amish Lanterns Motel Strasburg, PA - Lancaster County