The first thing to know is that we are REALLY easy-going people and don't get too worked up about little inconveniences. That having been said, we were flabbergasted when we got to the motel. Made reservations early due to what appeared to be a very nice website, but when we arrived we found a motel that looks like it had already turned to transient housing. The grounds were a mess, the pool was clouded green with algae, it was later afternoon and food was still out on the breakfast room counters stored open, and the room was beyond just old decor (which we don't mind at all) and appeared not to have been rented out or serviced at all recently - maybe not even within the last several months. An abandoned van with flat tires was parked by the rooms. The buildings themselves were in pretty notable disrepair, and we just gave up on it and left immediately. Too bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amish Lantern Motel is a 33 room motel which consists of 3 room types 2 double beds, 2 queen beds, and a King bed. All rooms come with microwave, fridge and 32 flat screen TV. We also have free wifi and a continental breakfast every morning. We are located in the heart of "Amish country" We are just off the highway(RT30) near great shopping outlets and many other venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Amish Lanterns Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amish Lanterns Hotel Strasburg
- Amish Lanterns Motel Strasburg, PA - Lancaster County