“Delicious dinner”
Review of Fireside Tavern

Fireside Tavern
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Strasburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We had a very nice anniversary. They don't have a huge selection they do offer specials and the food and service is fantastic

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

In town for a weekend getaway with my wife celebrating her college graduation. Wanted to try a local restaurant instead of the usual chain. This place did not disappoint. Excellent food in a wonderful atmosphere. Highly recommend the filet and the crab and brie dip.

Worth the wait and reasonably priced

Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband and I wanted a relaxing dinner to top off a busy, fun-filled day. This was the perfect place. We had reservations, so we were seated right away upon arrival. Our server was attentive throughout our meal. We started off with delicious soups. I had the tomato bisque for which they are noted, and I was not disappointed. The soup of the day was a champagne shrimp and scallop soup, and my husband loved it! Being unsure about ordering it at first, our server gave him a sample to try. Very nice! We both opted for their braised beef as our entree. It was served with mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus, and a salad. The salad was fresh and crisp. The asparagus was cooked perfectly, the potatoes real, and the meat was so tender that you could cut it with your fork. Most importantly, the hot food was hot. It was an absolutely delicious meal. And, we were surprised at the quantity of food that was served to us. We were each served one very tasty roll. With everything else, one did not need more rolls. We were too full for dessert but asked our server what they offered just out of curiosity. The selections sounded very good but very rich. The dining rooms were beautifully decorated for the season. We did not have to wait overly long for our food, but we were not rushed either. It was a perfect evening. We would definitely return to the Fireside the next time we visit the Lancaster area.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

On a recent trip to Lancaster, the folks at the hotel we were staying at reccomended this restaurant to us and we are glad they did. We arrived on a Saturday night around 7:30 without reservations. It was crowded with people waiting outside. We were told it would be a 35 to 45 minute wait. We said OK and were seated in about 5 minutes. Very good food, excellent service and a nice ambience. A very comfortable place to go.This is evidently a favorite spot for locals. I would definately suggest reservations.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

My husband and I live about 15 miles away. We head here about five or six times a month. No matter what day, what hour, what season, we have been extremely satisfied with the friendly and personal service from the staff. The menu is so varied you can always find something that will satisfy your appetite. Their standard dishes are exceptional and there are always specials. We've discovered many repeat regulars and always see familiar faces which makes it feel like a second home. I have never had anything that I wouldn't order again, I recommend this establishment to everyone and I'm so grateful to the owners who work extremely hard and truly desire to keep the tavern a place you want to continue to return to and call --- your favorite place.