“Tasty!”
Review of Fireside Tavern

Fireside Tavern
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Strasburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This quickly became one of our fav "go to" local restaurants. Crab Leg appetizer is a generous portion. Chicken Wings served on Sundays at half price & are the best we have ever eaten. My all time favorite is their Tomato Basil Soup. I'm always sad when I eat the last spoonful! Always good service with a smile. Plenty of parking. Even some outside seating. A nice menu with daily food & drink specials.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I've been at Fireside for many banquets. They have an awesome variety of good food. The atmosphere is very nice for all parties. The location is also ideal for the area. I would highly recommend Fireside to any of my friends.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

The Fireside Tavern is located at the Strasburg Inn but not affiliated with the hotel. The food quality is great and the portions are even greater. I ordered the blackened prime rib sandwich. It was good but perhaps had a little much spice. Overall the bar and restaurant is a great place to unwind after a busy day.

Also, kudos to Katie, the bartender. I was at the Inn and restaurant in April. When Katie saw me at the bar she remembered my appletini with Ketel 1 vodka. Very impressed!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I were in Strasburg doing some "antiquing", which makes one hungry and thirsty, of course. One of the local merchants recommended Fireside. Good choice. Honestly, not what I expected. The property is a large inn with a couple of very large dining rooms and a fantastic bar... complete with fire place so you can dine "fire side".

We ate in one of the larger, more open rooms. Not cozy, but comfortable. The service was excellent... really excellent and the food was very, very good. Excellent beer selections.

If you are going with kids, no problem. Large party, no problem. If you want the bar scene, go to the tavern section and you will have a great time. Romantic dining... not so much, unless they have a smaller room I did not see.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was our second visit and as much as we liked the food at this restaurant we would probably not return. I can see how this restaurant would be appealing for special occasions - an impressive historic building with sprawling grounds. But, in fact, they have several TV's situated in each of their dining rooms. It's almost a contradiction to the uniquely historic ambiance that they have so effectively created. It would appear that they are seeking to draw the 'old inn' diner as well as the sport enthusiast. We found the TV's to be a distraction that took away from our dining experience. Again, we liked the food, so if you don't mind the TV's, it's worth the trip.