“Good, but not upscale”
Review of Fireside Tavern

Fireside Tavern
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Strasburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Went for a family gathering and had reservations for early dinner, we were seated on time and drink order taken. Had some appetizers, chicken wings and clams casino. The chicken wings were very good, and while i'm not much for clams, i did have one of the clams casino, it was also very good ( clams were chopped up inside the casino mix). My wife said the Tomato bisque was very good. One of the specials was a 20 oz bone in ribeye, which my wife had, also very good, done just the way she likes it. I had the twin crab cakes, and while the cakes were very good ( not much in the way of fillers), They looked as though they may have needed a little more time under the broiler, Still they were cooked all the way through. All in all a nice place to have dinner, they were very busy, so reservations would be an asset

Reviewed January 26, 2012

We stayed next door at the Historic Strasburg Inn and they suggested the Fireside Tavern for dinner. The service and food was wonderful. My apple crisp was almost too big to finish! We liked it so much we went back the next day for lunch and their burgers are really good too. Definitely will go back the next time we're in town.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

Party of 23 celebrating a birthday.
Restaurant was VERY busy.
Excellent service.
Hot food hot!!
Salads cold!! (just the way I like)
Very impressed, given the size of our party and the busy restaurant.

1  Thank FrequentTraveler59
Reviewed January 17, 2012

My wife and I were passing through, and stopped here to grab a quick bite for dinner. This is not a good place for a quick bite. This is a great place to go out for dinner.

They have a great beer selection, my wife proclaimed theirs the best wings she's had in months (garlic parmesan), the bbq pork sandwich she had as the best bbq she's had since we've moved to PA (please note, there is no good BBQ in PA, so that may not sound like much praise, but we moved to PA from the Deep South, so she knows what good BBQ should taste like), which is doubly surprising since this was the only BBQ item on their menu. I tried the ravioli, which was pretty good.

This is a place you'd go to for a decent beer and a sandwich or a steak for either a date or dinner with friends. Our only complaints were: the lighting in the parking lot could use some work; it was too far a drive from home for me to responsibly try a variety of their beers.

This place is worth the drive south from Rt. 30 and all of it's restaurants.

Reviewed December 3, 2011

The food was delicious and the wait staff was very pleasant and accommodating.