“Friendly, quiet, clean ...”

Strasburg Village Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Strasburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 13, 2009

I stayed at the Strasburg Village Inn for one night. The room was small, well appointed, quiet and clean. It more than met my needs. I arrived at the inn a couple of hours early and the innkeeper was more than accommodating with no fuss or mention of my early arrival. I was a bit concerned that my room faced the street as I had read some reviews complaining of the noise. I found the street noise to be very minimal. No firetrucks, ambulances or bus exhaust passed my windows. As a matter of fact, the clopping of the horses from the occasional buggy were louder than any passing car -- and very welcomed as, after all, I was in Strasburg to experience Amish country life. The inn was located in the heart of the town and I enjoyed being able to walk everywhere. I would definitely stay at the Village Inn again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank AlanNY

Reviewed November 5, 2008

The hotel owners are not friendly. The large woman who receive guests obviously likes to choose who gets better treatment. She told the guests came in front of me there will be breakfast served around 7:30am. When I ask her she told me she didnt know the hotel ever serves breakfast. Funny thing is, the Inn's front door says "Bed & Breakfast", behind the bedroom door also posts "breakfast starting 7:30am". The husband popped out of no where while I was talking to the woman, as creepy as he can be, this small lodging place really reminds me of Norman Bate's motel.

Forgot to mention, this place is also not too clean, beware of the bed bugs. I got bitten a few times and did not sleep at all during my stay.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Redeyebears
Reviewed September 5, 2008

If you like to stay in an overly expensive, uncomfortable and old/dirty place during your vacation, this is your place. We were over-charged for our room (extra for an infant baby) on site. The room was bare-bone (small, unkempt, no phone or internet, dirty sheets etc.). Service was non-existant. Breakfast was below average........overall, the place is literally a dump. It is need of some serious management if they want to have folks return........

From NJ traveller

Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank cherryhillNJ_8
Reviewed September 4, 2008

It kills me that I can not give the Strasburg Village Inn a five star
rating. The property itself is so charming, with very clean rooms,
clean bathroom and wonderful country decor. The problem here
is the noise from the two connecting roads that front this
charming inn. I am not a light sleeper and even with the a/c
on I could still here the rumbling of trucks comming to a stop
at the traffic light, this went on all night!!!. Never mind the clip
clop of the horse and buggys, that would have been nice to hear.
The inn keepers were so nice and accommodating that i did
not have the heart to tell them I would not return. Listen, if
you dont mind traffic noise do give this place a try, again it is
very charming, quaint and clean.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2008

Don't miss this place! what a deal, great rooms, great location, lovely family staff. I loved this place and will return.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2008

We checked the reviews before we booked and found the rooms pleasent enough. However, our room was $139.00 a night and not too comfortable. The mattress was "very" firm. When we woke up in the am we found we were sleeping on the bare mattress. The sheets didn't fit the bed and there was no mattress cover.Also there were no blow dryeres or ironing facilities. Our daughters were in another room and their tub and sink was clogged.
We didn't mention the sheet problem because we figured hat who ever made the rooms up would notice the problem. We found it wasn't resolved when the room was made up the next day. Also The breakfast was really bad.
We won't be back.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank unhappyEasternCoust
Reviewed July 7, 2008

I read the reviews so I kind of knew what to expect. I liked it and would definetly go back. It is an old hotel - no problem - it is in the center of the small town with Amish Buggies going by most of the night - no problem! The location is really good. You are 3 miles from the main draw in Lancaster on Route 30 and you are about one mile from the Pa Railroad Museum (purpose of our stay). There is some road noise but it did not bother me. You are in the center of town with a traffic light. There were some bonuses. There was breakfast included in the room rate ($60 for the room). The previous night I stayed at a $135/night hotel and would take this hotel over the other one anyday. There was a quaint store and ice cream shop attached to the hotel. The area was safe and walkable. I plan to go back on my next trip.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strasburg
Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lancaster East - Strasburg
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#1 of 40 in Lancaster
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets

Been to Strasburg Village Inn? Share your experiences!