Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn
$131
Orbitz.com
$59
$65
Fulton Steamboat Inn(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
$107
All reviewsmain buildingfireside taverntwo queen bedsamish farmlandsausagebeautiful groundstwo sinksoutdoor poolsun roomno elevatorrefrigerator and microwavelancaster areasight and sound theaterpotatoeseggsroom was largethe breakfast area
Reviewed April 20, 2010

Stayed for three days in April 2010.

I've stayed here before, the property is now on the 'main drag' with the road reroute where before it was kind of isolated. Much more traffic now but not a problem.

The overall property is a little less maintained, not badly, just on the edges. Got a good rate with a group so the value was fine.

The breakfast was way above average, and they had a person as the wafflemaker and man was she busy keeping up. Breakfast was the best part.

Rooms are OK, had no incidents or problems....except for the TV cable. The cable box was inoperable, front desk the first two nights was clueless. Front desk on third night knew immediately what the problem was - turn on all the wall switches in the room! The legacy wiring allowed the cable box to get shut off even though the TV was on, go figure. Just annoyed that the first front desk help didn't know the secret.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2010

We booked this place for a getaway, then read a bunch of bad reviews of this hotel.
But they were all wrong. I feel forced to write this good one. This place is off the highway, looks out on Amish farmland, an historic property, with all amenitites. A beautiful little world. Clean, large room, king size bed, bath with two sinks, large screen TV, safe, iron, hair dryer, new mattress, linens, clean, nice decor, great restaurant on the "campus", pleasant reception, good breakfast - typical Choice Hotel fare, but the full menu, and excellent service in the breakfast room. Since it was 20 degrees and snowing, we didn't care about the pool, or the large campus to roam, but everything was so very nice. Can't imagine why anyone would give this place less than four stars.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ELLENMaryland
Reviewed December 17, 2009

The customer service here is absolutely horrible and shadey. I made a reservation and cancelled via phone within the same day but they charged my credit card twice then refused to take off the charges when I disputed them. This was a 3 day ordeal trying to get this corrected with rude , unhelpful, iggnorant staff as well as management. My family stayed at this hotel once last year and said it was dirty and would never stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank bebbie63
Reviewed November 17, 2009

I booked the Jacuzzi Suite for our anniversary. Gorgeous furniture, fireplace and jacuzzi right by the HUGE bed. I stopped by a few days before and dropped off candles and champagne that the staff set up for us. It was so romantic!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pache04
Reviewed November 15, 2009

We arrived on Saturday the 14th. We put our bags in the room and left for shopping at Rockvale. When we returned later that night We watched a movie. After we were done watching the movie, we turned the sheets down and to our surprise we were sharing our room with a family of bed bugs. This whole thing was at 11:30 p.m......We called down to the office to explain our dismay about having bed bugs. We aburptly packed, took our bugs to the front desk and asked to get out of there. The girl behind the counter did not seem phased by the report of bugs and did not want to see them when we gave them to her. We were told we could have another room...For what to see more bugs....Girl behind the counter was the worst counter help I ever saw. I have been travelling for many years. Never had bugs or that crappy of help anywhere!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say we got a room elsewhere. We had to keep all of our belongings in the truck so we did not contimate the other hotel......Now we have to throw away our pillows......I do not know what happened to this place, but if it wants customers it better shape up and hire an exterminator......

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank blackhorse1863
padutchhotels, Regional General Manager at Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2009

I wanted to follow up with you about your recent stay at our hotel. I arrived shortly after you left the hotel that evening; once the front desk made me aware of the situation I immediately went to the room to investigate. I was unable to located anything visually on the mattress or the surrounding area; that is a good sign that. I have contacted our pest control company and have begun a series of treatments to cleanse the room of any pests. These types of pests are not one that even the hotel wants in its rooms; so we take immediate action to secure our guestrooms from any intruders even the smallest of creatures.

When it comes to our guests safety & security it is # 1 with us. I have also spoke with the front desk clerk on duty and has been coached on ways to better handle situations & the proper course of action to take in these regards. She is apologetic for her actions that evening and wanted me to pass it on to you.

Rest assured we are upgrading all rooms at the hotel; especially as we begin our merger with Clarion Inn by Choice Hotels. As with that being said; also comes meeting the standards of the brand.

Also I would like to reassure you; we have introduced a NEW room conditioning & inspection program that will help restore your faith in our hotel. We are striving each day to restore the hotel to its former glory as an historical icon in Lancaster county.

Respectfully