“might have been okay IF......”

Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Strasburg
Hudson, Ohio
“might have been okay IF......”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have yet to contact Clarion corporate yet, but I was sorely disappointed in our stay in Strasburg!
I booked weeks in advance. I called to confirm my SPECIFIC NEEDS the week before AND the DAY before.
I was traveling with a 93 yr old. I know the property was almost sold out when I booked. We had a very busy weekend with wedding plans, busy engagements and I had luggage for 2, a wheelchair and a walker. I specifically asked for a room near to our parking. Again, I specified when I booked. I called the week prior and the day prior. I ALSO CALLED 3 times the day of arrival, as I was driving 7 hrs and had a delicate passenger of 93 -and last minute torrential rains that delayed our travels even more!
We checked in at 12:30 at night to a room -DOWN 11 STAIRS AND AT THE EXTREME END OF THE HALL WAY!!!
All I will add is that I checked out the next morning! Unacceptable!
I have been in hospitality for years and service even longer - VERY UNACCEPTABLE!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank missywould
Sherman H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
I am sorry to hear of the unfavorable experience you had at our Hotel. I apologize that we were not able to provide you with a handicap accessible room. Because of the Historic nature of the multiple buildings at our Hotel , a few steps may be required to a first floor room. Again I apologize that you we unable to book a handicap room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

What a superb and wonderful Inn. Beautiful grounds, exquisite rooms and an excellent staff. Thank you Nora and company for all your help.

Folks this is a no brainier. Peaceful rolling farmlands, a great hotel, terrif staff and great rates. Choice should be proud of this diamond.

Perfection!

• Stayed October 2012
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

What a stunningly beautiful Inn in the splendor of the farmlands of Strasburg. The lovely grounds and terrific rooms are equaled by a hard working and committed staff who dedicate themselves to your comfort.
Thanks Nora from Long Island for getting us in. This is the class of Lancaster County.

• Stayed October 2012
Strasburg, Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We reserved a block of rooms at the Historic Strasburg Inn for our late September wedding. Our party had many guests coming from out of town and spending 2 nights at the Historic Strasburg Inn. The staff was very accommodating while blocking off the rooms for our group keeping the process very painless. Even when we needed to block off additional rooms they had no problems meeting our needs. The staff did us a favor by distributing gift bags we had prepared for our out of town guests. Again, this process was very painless and went off without a hitch (Sherman was a big help with this).
As the groom I also booked a room for 2 nights, and found the room to meet my needs completely. I needed a room with plenty of space to accommodate the groomsmen who were in and out of the room all weekend. It was great to find a large mini fridge, flat screen TV, and an alarm clock radio (that plugged into our phones to play music). The room really had everything I needed to entertain people all weekend.
Many of the out of town guests found the Fireside Tavern at the Historic Strasburg Inn to be a great spot to get a bite to eat, or grab a few drinks. As a local, I can speak to the quality of the food, drink and service at the Fireside, since we visit there frequently. If you go, try the tomato bisque, and there are always plenty of beers on tap!
The location is great too, walking distance to a pizza shop, beer distributer, drug store, and downtown Historic Strasburg. A short car ride will take you to several antique stores, Historic Strasburg Railroad, and to the many outlets and restaurants in Lancaster.
I would highly recommend a stay at The Historic Strasburg Inn to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
We are excited to hear how wonderful your stay was at our Hotel. We strive to provide a Great value and quality to enhance your visit. We appreciate your choice in our Hotel and look forward to your return in the future.
Lewistown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is a nice hotel when you're visiting PA Dutch country. Nice setting, a little out of the main stream, but close enough... prices are usually pretty good here too. There are separate out buildings with rooms. They can be noisy ( at one point I thought my travel companion was in the shower, only to look over and see her still sound asleep in the other bed in our room). We were on the first floor, so the noise from people entering and exiting was also noticable, thankfully, we didn't have alot of night owls or early birds. Overall a very nice hotel, would stay there again for sure!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank WheelerFamily805
Sherman H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experince at our Hotel. We apolgize your neighbors were inconsiderate and loud. We cannot control the behavior of others but wihen made aware will make every effort to enforce our rules and common courtesy.
Tyrone, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Well, as I sit here attempting to write this review, words to describe this establishment, their staff, and overall hospitality are extremely difficult to come up with, to say the least.

From the time we arrived on site, our group was absolutely floored by the "open arms" reception that we received from the almost overly-friendly front desk personnel....must be something in the water there, we don't know!

Moving forward, back out into the crisp fall air, we make our journey down the spotless walkway, around the beautiful pool area to our room. Slide the key in, and while giving off a great sense of security, the door opens up to the most beautiful hotel room in the area. Clean, comforting, homey, and spacious are a few words that come to mind....

The first thing we noticed were the two inviting, perfectly sized beds, and after immediately laying down on one - they could now be described as extremely comfortable, which is rare to find in such a modestly priced hotel room. Panning around the room, ours eyes could not help but notice the flat screen television that appeared to have been just taken out of the box. Of course, without jumping to conclusions on the quality of this television, we hit the power button on the remote control. We certainly were not let down, the picture was beautiful, and would prove to make for a great movie watching experience several hours later. That is after we returned from the bar/lounge area that was on site.

The ambiance, food, prices, service, and once again staff were nothing short of phenomenal inside of the lounge. It was here that we ate delicious, under-priced food, accompanied by a few chilled adult beverages as we discussed the weekend’s plans that were in front of us.

With our appetites now satisfied, we exit the lounge area, but not before a friendly farewell from the staff, which by the way we were now certain that this would be the standard for the rest of our stay.

Back into the room now, we decide to find a movie that we all agreed upon, that was when the flat screen television would provide the great movie watching experience. The movie ended, and the only thing that remained for that night was an excellent night’s sleep on the previously mentioned hotel room beds - we woke up energized and feeling great.

To cut this short, because I believe you now get the point of our experience with the Clarion Inn? I will leave your mind at peace, and let you know that the remainder of our stay was identical, if not better (somehow) than what I have already described....

Thank you for the most enjoyable experience, world class hospitality, and fun filled memories guys....we will be back - Good work!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience at our Hotel. Our goal is to provide a clean comfortable and enjoyable stay for our guests. Thank you for letting us know we have met that goal and we look forward to your return.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

If you're in the area and need a quality place to stay.... This hotel is it! I was in a wedding in late September and we all stayed here. Friday night we enjoyed the bar lounge area... Great time! Great beers on tap, good crowd, live acoustic music! It was a surprise to walk into. I had already ate but friends said food was good too. Woke up Saturday morning to a great view of the heart of Lancaster county. Buggies Rollin past, cool fall breeze.... Swimming pool! I plan on coming back in the summer to enjoy the hotel during warmer weather. Room was nice. Beds were comfortable. AC worked great! Cleaning staff was nice and helpful with information about the area. There are outlets within a five minute drive! Management worked around our wedding plans with getting people checked in. Ask for Sherman! He was really nice. The hotel has a nice historic feel and rates were very favorable. I've been to a lot of hotels and this one gets a thumbs up! Had a great time and thanks to all the staff for helping to make the wedding weekend a huge success.

Room Tip: Room outside of pool area because it leads you right to the sidewalk!