“Had a Great Stay!”

Carriage House Motor Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Strasburg
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed at the Carriage House for two nights in late December. Having been there lots of times in the past, we were curious to see how it would be under new ownership. We usually stay in a regular room, but this time we chose the King Suite. As another reviewer pointed out, it's attached to the office. There is a large window in the front room, which is the livingroom. The outside was nicely decorated with Christmas lights, and it was nice to be able to look out at them. The sofa and recliner were both exceptionably comfortable. The bedroom is a good size, and the bed was also very comfortable. (If you're a person who likes LOTS of pillows, this is the room for you! I think there were eight pillows of various sizes on the bed.) The room was plenty dark enough for a good night's sleep. Both rooms had tvs with remotes. There weren't dvd players as advertised online, but that didn't matter to us. The bathroom was spotlessly clean, and both the bedroom and bathroom had lots of storage space available in drawers. There was a refrigerator in the room, but no microwave. Other than that, you could vacation in the Lancaster area for a week or more and not feel cramped in the King Suite. There was only one downside to our trip, and that wasn't really a huge thing, but something you might keep in mind: Even though we booked several weeks in advance, and the weather was bitterly cold, the heat hadn't been turned on before we arrived. It was freezing cold in the rooms. We turned up the thermometer and headed out for dinner. The owner saw us and asked if everything was satisfactory. We mentioned the lack of heat, and he couldn't have been nicer in apologizing for that, even coming into the room and turning the temperature higher than we had done! He said he'd be available if we needed anything at all during our stay, and he was! In fact, when we returned from eating, he came right over to be sure the temperature was comfortable, which it was. We slept in a bit on the day we were leaving, and figured there wouldn't be breakfast available at that later time. But when we checked out, we were indeed offered breakfast. All in all, we had a terrific visit at the Carriage House Inn, and have booked two more stays there in the next four months.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan123123
There are newer reviews for Carriage House Motor Inn

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed for 2 days. Room had musty smell which was taken away by air conditioner. Clean room but sheets on my bed (2 doubles) had 2 grapefruit sized stains on side which hopefully was spilled coffee. Continental food/coffee not available until 7:30am.
Very close to train attractions.
City Pizza has excellent food & is nearby.....Fireside Tavern needed reservations.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Very affordable and clean- lovely hosts- nice breakfast buffet offered- across the street from very nice restaurant. It was a good experience to stay in a small motel rather than a large commercial venue out of town.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed at the Carriage House Inn with 4 other friends. Rented the family unit. Rooms were clean and staff was helpful full filling the requests we made. I left my purse behind and 2 hours down the road I realized it. The owner was kind enough to overnight my purse to me and I so appreciate their honesty and courtesy. Everything was as I left it. Thanks so much Sonny.
The owner is new and intends to upgrade and make changes of improvement. Will definitely stay there again when in the lancaster area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 555LouiseB62555
Reviewed September 22, 2013

carriage house motor inn is not the place to stay... The rooms were semi-cleam and musty smelling. Rented two rooms, requested my money back once we saw the rooms. The money would not be refunded. One room did not have any hot water and the toliet would not flush in the other room. My children were scared to sleep in the beds. I was out the money. i requested to cancel the reservation once we saw the rooms, but was refused.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 7Grizzily
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stay at the Carriage House whenever we are in Lancaster County. My wife has a bad problem with allergies, but we always have found our accommodations clean and without any problems. The staff and management have always been cordial, helpful and very knowledgeable about area attractions. The location in Strasburg is quiet, away from traffic, and yet convenient to the places of interest in the area. Barry B.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2013

when I tried to get the shower to work it did not. bath was fine if you want a bath. I wanted a shower. it is an old place but I could not find out how it works. no one in office at 0600 so left without showers which was really disappointing. I emailed with no response and got a thank you for staying with us so I called and asked about the shower. lady said you have to pull the shower head out and lots of them work like this out here. not in every other place in the country I have stayed they don't. sure would have been nice for clerk to tell us that when we checked in. left a sour taste and stinky armpits for trip home. place is old but town is also and it fits in. pretty pricey for what we got.

Room Tip: ask how the showers work!!!!!!!! the office closes at 2130 and opens at 0730 so don't need anyth...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strasburg
Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn
#14 of 16 in Ronks
Hershey Farm Inn
Hershey Farm Inn
#3 of 16 in Ronks

Been to Carriage House Motor Inn? Share your experiences!