“Clean, Comfortable”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Strasburg
Hurricane, West Virginia, United States
“Clean, Comfortable”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed at the Carriage House Inn with 4 other friends. Rented the family unit. Rooms were clean and staff was helpful full filling the requests we made. I left my purse behind and 2 hours down the road I realized it. The owner was kind enough to overnight my purse to me and I so appreciate their honesty and courtesy. Everything was as I left it. Thanks so much Sonny.
The owner is new and intends to upgrade and make changes of improvement. Will definitely stay there again when in the lancaster area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 555LouiseB62555

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Unionville VA
Reviewed September 22, 2013

carriage house motor inn is not the place to stay... The rooms were semi-cleam and musty smelling. Rented two rooms, requested my money back once we saw the rooms. The money would not be refunded. One room did not have any hot water and the toliet would not flush in the other room. My children were scared to sleep in the beds. I was out the money. i requested to cancel the reservation once we saw the rooms, but was refused.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank 7Grizzily

Travelers are raving about these Strasburg hotels

Hartfield, Virginia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stay at the Carriage House whenever we are in Lancaster County. My wife has a bad problem with allergies, but we always have found our accommodations clean and without any problems. The staff and management have always been cordial, helpful and very knowledgeable about area attractions. The location in Strasburg is quiet, away from traffic, and yet convenient to the places of interest in the area. Barry B.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
jeannette, pa
Reviewed July 16, 2013

when I tried to get the shower to work it did not. bath was fine if you want a bath. I wanted a shower. it is an old place but I could not find out how it works. no one in office at 0600 so left without showers which was really disappointing. I emailed with no response and got a thank you for staying with us so I called and asked about the shower. lady said you have to pull the shower head out and lots of them work like this out here. not in every other place in the country I have stayed they don't. sure would have been nice for clerk to tell us that when we checked in. left a sour taste and stinky armpits for trip home. place is old but town is also and it fits in. pretty pricey for what we got.

Room Tip: ask how the showers work!!!!!!!! the office closes at 2130 and opens at 0730 so don't need anyth...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mount Arlington, Nj
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had a very enjoyable stay at the Carriage House Inn. It was far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the outlets and the main tourist attraction streets but was close enough that getting to the main attractions was a breeze. We often have a hard time trying to find pet friendly accommodations but this quaint little establishment fit the bill. If you are looking for five stars than this is not the place for you, but if you are looking for a pet friendly, CLEAN, pleasant place to stay this is it. Beautiful large field to walk the dogs in, room was clean and comfortable, Room 165 had a king sized bed, couch, desk & chair, refrigerator, coffee pot and hair dryer. Plenty of towels were provided as well as they could not have been nicer when we requested an extra blanket. We were so happy with our stay that we booked our next trip for October before we checked out from this stay. Continental breakfast was simple, coffee, muffins toast, not fancy but very nice. Again if you are looking for five stars don’t even bother, but if you are looking for Clean, Comfortable and pet friendly this is the place. There is a $10.00 per night pet fee, but if you have AAA than your discount pretty much covers the pet fee.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dawn W, Director of Excellence at Carriage House Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
We are always happy to hear from guests that have had a pleasant stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we trust you will have a delightful time in October when you return to this beautiful are.

Dawn Waltman
Director of Excellence
Amish Country Inns - Carriage House
Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Pet friendly rooms were available but I was not interested in one of these rooms. Well, my daugther and granddaugther both suffer from allergies and that is when we found out ALL rooms were pet friendly at one time or another. Stay away from this motel if you suffer from allergies. Rooms are not the cleaniest. We received one bar of soap and 2 packs of coffee. Neither were replenished the second. The staff were friendly. The beds were low to the ground and worn. Please either clean the rooms better or dedicated a couple of rooms for no pets or advertise what it is A pet hotel were people are welcome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dawn W, Director of Excellence at Carriage House Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
We are so sorry you did not have a positive experience while staying with us at Carriage House Inn. Our clean rooms are of utmost importance to us and we are disappointed our room did not meet your standards. I will certainly follow up on your review and make recommendations. Again, thank you for your review.

Dawn Waltman - Director of Excellence
Amish Country Inns - Carriage House Inn
Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I booked this for my husband and I for one night. We travels from NY to New Provance to pick up 100 chickens. When we arrived and I went to the office I was greeted by a very nice woman. We booked the " presidential suite. I chose that by looking at the pics of the rooms. It has its own living room area along with the bedroom & bath. The room was decorated very quaint. It was very very clean and the price is right. The bed was comfortable. The only thing I wish it had was some type of creamer for the coffee pot in the room. I would stay here again and again. I don't like fancy, I enjoy down home nice people . I had just arrived back home from a 10 day vacation at a 5 star resort in the Caribbean. I wanted quite and cute and that is what we got. Price, was right for what I needed. We asked where we could eat and were directed to the restraint across the street. It was St. Pats day and they were about to close in about 1/2 hour. The food was good. Service was good also. 4 stars only because there was no type of powder creamer for coffee. Next time I will bring my own. All is good.
Linda Rose Hubbert- westtown ny

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Nystrgzr
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review regarding your stay and are delighted to hear you enjoyed yourself. I will certainly look into the situation with the creamers in the rooms because that is something that should have been provided. So glad you had a great stay and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Dawn Waltman - Director of Excellence
Amish Country Inns
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strasburg
Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn
#14 of 16 in Ronks
Hershey Farm Inn
Hershey Farm Inn
#2 of 16 in Ronks

Been to Carriage House Motor Inn? Share your experiences!