“Clean, Comfortable, Relaxation”

Carriage House Motor Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Strasburg
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stay at the Carriage House whenever we are in Lancaster County. My wife has a bad problem with allergies, but we always have found our accommodations clean and without any problems. The staff and management have always been cordial, helpful and very knowledgeable about area attractions. The location in Strasburg is quiet, away from traffic, and yet convenient to the places of interest in the area. Barry B.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Carriage House Motor Inn

Reviewed July 16, 2013

when I tried to get the shower to work it did not. bath was fine if you want a bath. I wanted a shower. it is an old place but I could not find out how it works. no one in office at 0600 so left without showers which was really disappointing. I emailed with no response and got a thank you for staying with us so I called and asked about the shower. lady said you have to pull the shower head out and lots of them work like this out here. not in every other place in the country I have stayed they don't. sure would have been nice for clerk to tell us that when we checked in. left a sour taste and stinky armpits for trip home. place is old but town is also and it fits in. pretty pricey for what we got.

Room Tip: ask how the showers work!!!!!!!! the office closes at 2130 and opens at 0730 so don't need anyth...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had a very enjoyable stay at the Carriage House Inn. It was far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the outlets and the main tourist attraction streets but was close enough that getting to the main attractions was a breeze. We often have a hard time trying to find pet friendly accommodations but this quaint little establishment fit the bill. If you are looking for five stars than this is not the place for you, but if you are looking for a pet friendly, CLEAN, pleasant place to stay this is it. Beautiful large field to walk the dogs in, room was clean and comfortable, Room 165 had a king sized bed, couch, desk & chair, refrigerator, coffee pot and hair dryer. Plenty of towels were provided as well as they could not have been nicer when we requested an extra blanket. We were so happy with our stay that we booked our next trip for October before we checked out from this stay. Continental breakfast was simple, coffee, muffins toast, not fancy but very nice. Again if you are looking for five stars don’t even bother, but if you are looking for Clean, Comfortable and pet friendly this is the place. There is a $10.00 per night pet fee, but if you have AAA than your discount pretty much covers the pet fee.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dawn W, Director of Excellence at Carriage House Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

We are always happy to hear from guests that have had a pleasant stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we trust you will have a delightful time in October when you return to this beautiful are.

Dawn Waltman
Director of Excellence
Amish Country Inns - Carriage House

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Pet friendly rooms were available but I was not interested in one of these rooms. Well, my daugther and granddaugther both suffer from allergies and that is when we found out ALL rooms were pet friendly at one time or another. Stay away from this motel if you suffer from allergies. Rooms are not the cleaniest. We received one bar of soap and 2 packs of coffee. Neither were replenished the second. The staff were friendly. The beds were low to the ground and worn. Please either clean the rooms better or dedicated a couple of rooms for no pets or advertise what it is A pet hotel were people are welcome.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Dawn W, Director of Excellence at Carriage House Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

We are so sorry you did not have a positive experience while staying with us at Carriage House Inn. Our clean rooms are of utmost importance to us and we are disappointed our room did not meet your standards. I will certainly follow up on your review and make recommendations. Again, thank you for your review.

Amish Country Inns - Carriage House Inn

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I booked this for my husband and I for one night. We travels from NY to New Provance to pick up 100 chickens. When we arrived and I went to the office I was greeted by a very nice woman. We booked the " presidential suite. I chose that by looking at the pics of the rooms. It has its own living room area along with the bedroom & bath. The room was decorated very quaint. It was very very clean and the price is right. The bed was comfortable. The only thing I wish it had was some type of creamer for the coffee pot in the room. I would stay here again and again. I don't like fancy, I enjoy down home nice people . I had just arrived back home from a 10 day vacation at a 5 star resort in the Caribbean. I wanted quite and cute and that is what we got. Price, was right for what I needed. We asked where we could eat and were directed to the restraint across the street. It was St. Pats day and they were about to close in about 1/2 hour. The food was good. Service was good also. 4 stars only because there was no type of powder creamer for coffee. Next time I will bring my own. All is good.
Linda Rose Hubbert- westtown ny

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Nystrgzr

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review regarding your stay and are delighted to hear you enjoyed yourself. I will certainly look into the situation with the creamers in the rooms because that is something that should have been provided. So glad you had a great stay and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Amish Country Inns

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I needed a place to sleep while visiting family over the Easter holiday. This is a traditional motel that reminds me of places I stayed in the 60's and 70's as a kid. The staff is very friendly, and the room was clean. I appreciated being able to have my dog along on the trip. It is great for a pet owner because the motel is right on Main Street; you can walk your dog past quaint 18th Century homes with Amish horse and buggies clopping right by you. Amenities are basic, but you do get a refrigerator, hair dyer, and decent tv in the room; the heating unit was new and worked well. I couldn't get wifi in the room, but there is a computer in the motel office you can use. I would stay here again; the price was very reasonable, and it met my need for a quiet place to sleep at night during my visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Dawn W, Director of Excellence at Carriage House Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

We are so glad you had the opportunity to stay with us over the Easter holiday and that your dog was able to join you on the trip. Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at Carriage House. It is indeed a delightful place to stay. One guest put it - simple, clean and affordable. The Carriage House Inn is one of six properties that make up Amish Country Inns and while the properties range from elegant and upscale to simple, the staff members are ALL committed to being as helpful and friendly as possible. We hope you will return to one of our properties again some time soon.
Amish Country Inns - Carriage House Inn

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Keeping in mind this is really an older motel and not a fancy B&B or a hotel chain, we were really pleasantly surprised! We had the King suite. The bed and pillows were very comfy! The bathroom was spotless! Staff is so nice. Great value! Nice spread for continental breakfast. I recommend this inn.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Czep76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strasburg
Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn
#2 of 16 in Ronks
Strasburg Village Inn
Strasburg Village Inn
#4 of 4 in Strasburg

Been to Carriage House Motor Inn? Share your experiences!