“A memorial to those who perished”

Flight 93 National Memorial
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Stoystown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The memorial site dedicated to those who lost their lives on United Airlines Flight 93, September 11, 2001.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“A memorial to those who perished”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Map apps may take you to wrong entry. Entry is on rt 30. You need to walk a distance to the actual memorial. Touching honor to those who perished. The site is still in progress.

Visited May 2013

• Polish first
Lansing, Michigan
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A Very Moving Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

The new National Memorial is very moving. I had been here in 2010 when there was only a fence with mementos attached plus a few other items. The Memorial is not finished and relies on donations. The plan is to build a Visitors' Center and Museum. I was disappointed the HUGE American Flag which was at the impact site was gone. One of the volunteers said the American Flag must be illuminated and that has not happened, therefore, it was removed and replaced with a big bolder with two very small handheld type flags in the ground you can barely see. I can't undestand why they cannot illuminate the American Flag in the field (maybe using solar lights) or running some electricity out to the crash site?? Of course, as the volunteer said, "You're dealing with the Federal Government". Really? How hard can that be??? I would definitely help pay for it.

Visited May 2013
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nice, quiet visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

The first thing that comes to mind is quiet... and even my two young kids sensed that they needed to maintain respectful quietness there. I like the simplicity of it and the space. You feel like you can visit and reflect more easily without being on top of all the other people there. We took a detour on another planned trip so we could visit, and I felt it was well worth the extra time.

Visited June 2012
Copley, Ohio, United States
“Flight 93”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

It was interesting to see but I would not go again. It is 3.5 miles back from the road but it is paved and very easy to find. It definitely brought back that day on 911. It is a good walk to the actual marble wall so be sure to wear comfortable shoes.

Visited April 2013
Pennsylvania, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A memorial to a few extrodianry people.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We decided to take a trip from central PA to western PA on a warm early spring day. It had been a while since I took the Lincoln Highway so we set off for our day trip. Talking along the way to decided to stop into the Flight 93 Memorial since it was along the way. We were glad we had stopped. I soon realized how real this event was. Only seeing pictures on television and the internet, i never was able to physically understand what happened on 9-11. Once i set foot on this location it hit home seeing this could have happened in my own backyard.I took home a new found respect for the men and women of Flight 93, as well as a new outlook on what happend that date a few years ago.

Visited April 2013