“Shocked!”

Dining options: Reservations
pa
“Shocked!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I recently found 2 Double Deal coupons I had purchased with an expiration of July 23,2014 .My husband and I used one last night and ate on The Dock.Since we have always used Kyma and Johnny's gift certificates interchangeably I didn't hesitate to use it .The server accepted it with no question.Tonight my son and his wife went to do the same.The coupon wasn't accepted and Nick was quite dismissive and pointed out the coupon was about to expire.(which has little to do with anything)I'm disgusted by his rude treatment of them.The evening we dined I overheard him telling 2 customers the food from each establishment was the same.I will continue to share ,The OWNER comes first here at Johnny's,Kyma and The Dock.

Visited July 2014
6 Thank maggie728

cornwall-lebanon, pa
“Gone downhill!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We have been eating at Johnny's since its opening. The last 3 visits (one this past week) were unacceptable. Prime rib was not fresh-cut from the roast, but was still cold and gray when served. The AHI tuna appetizer was not red or even pink....it was dark grayish color. The scallops were overcooked. The strip steak tough.

And their prices have sky rocketed. NO MORE

Visited June 2014
5 Thank alekna
Alexandria, VA
“Average”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Service was excellent, but the food was just average and overpriced. I don't mind paying the price of excellent food, but I don't like paying excellent food prices for an average meal. The menu has a lot to offer and our table ordered a good assortment, but nothing anybody ate was excellent -- just good, average. I had the Prime rib. The meat was not prime -- it was rib roast -- perhaps USDA Choice, but definitely not prime. Only about 70% of the piece of meat was edible. If they aren't serving prime, they shouldn't advertise it as such. I don't think we will be going back here. Note that they do take reservations, but not on Saturday.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank MtVernonMan
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
“Average food, swollen prices, and confused decor”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Heard good things so we decided to stop in for dinner last week. Let's start off with the decor. This place doesn't seem up know if it's a jazz club or a steakhouse (you'll know what I mean by the blue lighting). We had the mahi mahi which was simple but very well prepared and tasty. My fiancé had a burger (he's on an epic quest to find the worlds greatest burger). Unfortunately it was typical, not great not bad. All in all the quality of the food did not match the hefty price tag.

Based on our experience, I don't think we want to go back to spend $38 on an average steak. They can do better!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank PickyEaters2717
Wakarusa, IN
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We were disappointed by this restaurant. We had a party of 8 and some wanted seafood and some wanted steak. We were told there were 2 restaurants, one for each. So we decided on the steakhouse. We felt uncomfortable as soon as we walked in the door. We asked for a table for 8 and got a 6 top with a chair placed at the ends. The table was a bit small so we asked for a bigger one, all the men in our party are tall and some big. But we were told "this is the best we can do" so we sat down to make the best of it. We checked out the menu and were shocked by the high prices. We were not looking for a high priced meal, we were on a quick weekend trip and didn't want to pay that kind of price. So we debated and decided to leave. We had not been waited on at all so it should have been a small inconvenience to them. But we received glares from entire staff, no one asked why we were leaving. I have no idea if the food was any good, but the whole scene left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Visited March 2014