“WONDERFUL CAMPING EXPERIENCE”

Starlite Camping Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stevens
Starlite Camping Resort
Pennsylvania
“WONDERFUL CAMPING EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We recently purchased a used camper and chose Starlite for our first outing. We could not have chosen better. Dave is a wonderful host and went out of his way to make sure our experience was more than we expected.

Our daughter and her family joined us on Saturday and we had a wonderful time playing a pickup softball game with other campers.

The price was reasonable and the facilities are kept clean and well stocked.

Room Tip: The sites on the "Plateau" are wonderful unless you don't like direct sun most of the...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank klh456

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The first thing I thought after we had parked our camper on a designated spot in the woods was: Great place if you do not mind the crowds. The welcome was nice, the camping store is great (they have a little bit of everything and many things you may need when travelling with older equipment), there are many facilities; a volleyball field, a large pool with volley net and separate pool for the little ones, the best basket ball courts I have ever seen at a camp ground, a softball field, a few animals to pet, a game room... But it was the most crowded camp ground I have seen and with 230 + spots (I believe) it felt a bit intimidating; just too many people for me. I must add that we had no problems with noise or other campers. The spots in the woods were just an okay size (though I prefer a bit more space) and often separated with some trees, so the neighbors were not too close. People generally lived up to the after 11 pm quiet time. And on a rainy weekday there seemed to be hardly any people left. So what was not good, apart from the camp ground being crowded, at least in the weekends? The bathrooms were dirty, in particular after the weekend. Man's and woman's and from what I heard from my husband the men's was worse and for sure not cleaned between Sunday night and Monday 2 pm (we didn't check after). The facilities were nice but all concentrated at one spot so depending on where you are you may have to walk quite a bit (and there are some steep hills). Also, I didn't like the spots in the woods; too many and a lot with only grit. I had asked for a spot on the hill (there are about 10 and if you decide to go there, try to get one; the views are great and there is grass) but they were all taken. Unfortunately they didn't tell that that was only for the first night we spent at Startlite Camping Resort; it turned out that all other nights there were a few free.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MargueriteKonijn
Warwick, PA
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Let me start by saying that I have been going to this campground since I was about 6 years old - in other words for about 30 years!

Location: The campground is located near Lancaster, Reading, and Hershey with easy access to locations such as the Strasburg Railroad, Dutch Wonderland, and Hershey Park. There is also a large wildlife preserve less than 10 minutes away which offer fishing, hiking, and nature walk options. In addition, the campground is located on the side of a large mountain with AMAZING views from the plateau area. My husband and I call it our slice of heaven on Earth and stay on the plateau at least once a year.

Staff: The owners are amazing and always available for whatever you need. They consistently improve the property and just put in a new playground that my 3 year old loves. Dave is a funny, caring man who takes pride in his campground and is obviously passing that tradition on to his children as well. The running of the campground is truly a family affair.

Activities: Activities continue daily throughout the season and 99% of the activities are family friendly. There is usually a theme of some sort for each week. Our favorite weekend is Halloween weekend(typically the second or third weekend in October). Campers are welcome to decorate thier sites and the winner recieves a free weekend of camping. Most weekends feature the Breakdown breakfast which is $3.50 and you get coffee, tea, orange juice, 2 eggs, 2 sausage, and three pancakes! There is also regular softball games, basketball courts, horseshoe pits, badminton net, clean pool, playground, minigolf, tennis courts, and an arcade with pool tables and table tennis, among other things. If you go, you have to experience Bingo with Dave - it is a great time! For the rainy days, there is a lending library of books, magazines, and movies available in the laundry room near the camp store

Security: The campground is gated and you need a code to get in which is only provided to campers and changes regularly.

Sites: The sites are all large and level. There is limited number of sewer sites but there is a dump station as you exit available. If you go on the website, you are able to click on the site on the site map and it will show you a picture of that site. Our favorites are either on the plateau or on Orbit since it is well shaded for those hot summer days.

Bathrooms: The bathrooms are cleaned at least 2x per day and they are kept very clean. There is also a laundry facility on site if necessary.

In closing, I have been camping all my life and have stayed at hundreds of campgrounds. If I was given the choice of any campground on Earth to stay at, this would be the one.

Room Tip: Plateau is the place to be!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank bethjimusa1
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

For our annual "girls camping weekend", we come here every year! We had a RV this year so we stayed up top, on the hill. Great view! We love playing Bingo on Friday eve. Hanging out at the pool (always very clean and staffed with a lifeguard). We love the family atmosphere & it's dog friendly for friendly dogs:) there are always weekend "themes" or activities that the campground provides. The weekend we were there they had live music. There is plenty to do here! Between mini golf, softball games, tetherball, ice cream, pool, walking trails, campfires, bingo, weekend themes ect. I could spend the whole summer there !

• Stayed August 2012
6 Thank Jewels393
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed February 26, 2012

What a great place! We stayed here last august/September and I just can't say enough about the picturesque facility and the friendly people who run it. I won't go into great detail, but one thing must be said: this place sets the high mark for ALL campgrounds.
If possible, try to reserve a hillside site with the view of the valley. We also stayed a night in a wooded area and that was very nice as well.
The owners are wonderful people and the guests seem to follow suit. I would give Starlite 6 or more stars (circles) if I could.
We camped here in our, 33 ft 5th wheel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank W C
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 14, 2011

First, avoid the Girl Scout road option that was presented by google map.
From Reading area, take RT.222 to lancaster, get off at 272 interchange, make a right, and make a left onto rt. 272. Follow 6 miles to Rt. 322 and make a right. Right on clay rd., a right at the "T", and follow the signs. You will never regret my advice.
Very friendly, even on our July 4th weekend. Site #42 was great for tent camping. About a 30 ft. x 30 ft. site, and the only other site around is across the road. Wonderful privacy, and you are about 80 ft away from the bathrooms.
The bathrooms and showers were the best ones that we have been in. Keep in mind that there are no electrical outlets in the bathrooms. Super clean, and no banging doors. Traffic was minimal, and everyone walking or driving, looked at you, smiled, and waved.
A well stocked camp store, with 2 kinds of slurpee type of drinks, and about 10 hand dipped ice cream flavors. A nice courtyard patio, and 1 night live music.
8 miles to litiz, and 12 miles to lancaster. Good food nearby, but ask the office/store for their honest opinion. They know.
Mostly made for tent/pop-ups, and medium travel trailer, but the top of the hill gives you better options for larger units.
We will be going there again. And, if you are going on the 4th of July weekend, there is a picnic grove on Rt. 322 west, just off of clay road, that had a fabulous 4th of July festival. Food, music, and fireworks are part of the outing. It was packed, so it must be good. Ask Starlite campgrounds who it was, and do some research via the internet for information. You will probably see us there.
Did I mention a small animal farm for the little kids to look at?
By the way, site #42 allows you the option to sleep in late. It stays well shaded until about 2:30 p.m., a little sun until about 4 p.m., and back to shade again.
As for the events, I am not sure what the participation is like. But, if you want to sit back, relax, do sudoku, have some brews, take the time to talk to your wife (or not), this is just the place.
From site #42, the pool is a little over 90 ft. away.

Room Tip: Go to the campground map and click on site #42. A photo will appear. Now, click on the other 39 si...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
11 Thank JerryandBarb8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevens
Lake in Wood Resort
Circle M RV & Camping Resort
Sun Valley RV Resort
Sun Valley RV Resort
#1 of 1 in Bowmansville

Been to Starlite Camping Resort? Share your experiences!