“Terrible.... old musty hotel”

Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in State College
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Terrible.... old musty hotel”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We had a two day conference and when I walked down the hall with no windows, it reminded me of a prison! My room had no windows and the door didn't stay closed. The hotel had a terrible breakfast that they didn't replenish. I can't believe anyone rated this property more than two stars. I think they should tear it down and rebuild a nice hotel ! My advise to travelers is there are plenty of nicer rooms on north Atherton! Run from this dump!

• Stayed June 2013
JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Good Evening David, I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay or our free weekday Breakfast Buffet. It is true that we do offer rooms with and without windows, our interior rooms do not have windows because they do share a wall with other guest rooms. Our interior Atrium rooms do have windows over looking the pool.

We have done many updates in the past couple years, and I hope you will join us again in the future to enjoy our updates.

Jennifer Brooks-Stahl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Korean first
North Wales, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is my thirty first year attending at least one conference per year in State College. I have stayed at several of the very nice places in town, on the edge of town and just outside of town. Each has it perks, each has its own personality.Although the current Ramada was at one time a Holiday Inn, those days are now long gone. The new owners of the facility have made the long term investments in the right places. The food both for the conference and in general is very good. The indoor and outdoor pool areas are great. The location puts you out of the way yet close enough to anything and everything you want to see or do in State College. As far as the facility goes, my first night said it all. As I settled in, and then awoke the next morning, my first thought was I am going to retire today, cash out my pension and spend the rest of my days here. It was just that comfortable.

The staff is very helpful and friendly. Those that have been there like Stacy, were always a pleasure to deal with and Jen has now assumed the responsibility as Stacey has unfortunately taken another position in the area. While I miss her, Jen is a great girl and she ensured that every aspect of the conference and my stay was top shelf. I am already looking forward to going back for a restful weekend visit. This place truely is part of the Happy Valley experience.

Room Tip: There are many choices from interior rooms by the pool to exterior rooms with views of the surroundi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Good Evening Wayne, I can't thank you enough for sharing such a great review. Yes it is sad but true that Stacy has moved on to another opportunity, and although we miss her dearly, I have a great and supportive staff. I am honored that you found our facilities so enjoyable that you want to retire and move in with us! We would love to have you! If you need anything ever, please call me at 814-238-3001.

Carlisle
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Our room was inside, 1st floor facing the inside pool. Room was small but clean, bathroom very small.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Greetings, thank you for sharing your review with other TripAdvisor members. I hope that you got a chance to enjoy our indoor or outdoor pool while staying with us, especially in this warm weather. We hope to see you again!

Falls Church
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This Ramada is an older renovated property. The rooms and bath were tight, but still workable and the facility is clean and friendly. Beds were comfy, and for the rate we paid (under $70 per night) this stay was a real bargain.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Good Afternoon Kathleen, I thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I appreciate that you did notice our renovations as we have been working hard to improve our guest's experiences. Please feel free to visit us again in the future!