“Nice location to visit Penn State” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center

Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in State College
BERWYN
“Nice location to visit Penn State”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

We rented a room for a few days while visiting our children at Penn State. Location was great. However, room had a mildew smell; fan in bathroom was full of dust. 2nd night, coffee pot was left dirty. Room was a few doors down from maintenance, so there was a lot of noise outside.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for your response regarding your recent stay. I have contacted you direct so I may get some more information regarding your room number, so I may investigate further. We are delighted that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and look to your return stay with us.

Best regards,
Jennifer Brooks-Stahl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Korean first
LEESBURG
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I am a gold elite Marriott traveler. My son and I needed to visit Penn State for an athletic trip, and when I checked into hotels in the area, and associated costs, the Ramada Inn was the only hotel that made sense for what I had in mind. Nice on-site restaurant for breakfast too.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for selecting our hotel during your recent trip to Penn State. We appreciate you selecting the Ramada, and look forward to your return stay. There are many options in State College, and I appreciate you mentioning the great value that the Ramada has to offer. Please contact me if I may be of further assistance.

Best regards,
Jennifer
BELLEFONTE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

The only thing I didn't like about the hotel was that it was a little outdated and the pillows were awful!! I had to sleep with no pillows because they were that uncomfortable! Also, the main lamp in the room didn't have a working lightbulb.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Greetings Brian, thank you for posting your constructive comments. I apologize for the sub par stay you encountered. If you could provide me with your room number I could investigate if this was reported to the desk, as we would have been happy to replace your pillows and non working light bulbs. We certainly strive for higher guest satisfaction. Please do not hesitate to contact me.

King Regards,
814-321-9114
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I felt the rooms were very small and could have been cleaner.
Overall, the hotel was very nice and the hot breakfast was yummy!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hot buffet. I do apologize for the sub bar room cleanliness, we certainly strive for a higher point of cleanliness in our rooms, and overall property. Please consider us for a second chance in the future.

Kind Regards,
DELAND
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

This was a very nice stay and great venue for this conference. The roonms were clean and conforable and the conference venue was very nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Greetings Mike, and thank you for sharing your review. I am delighted to hear that you not only enjoyed the venue, but you found our housekeeping to be neat and clean. Please consider us for future accommodations as we always welcome you.

Kind Regards,
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

The room was dusty . It had Several large bugs in it . The outside doorway with the light had large spider webs which had to be knocked down before we could go in. Over all it was not
up to your usual standards

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Greetings, and thank you for sharing your review. We welcome your comments as it helps us daily to improve our service, and I apologize for your sub par stay. I assure you the spider web matter has been investigated in detail, and has been taken care of. As far as the room being dusty, I will speak with my housekeeping staff regarding cleanliness. It is not uncommon that if you had an exterior room, bugs can sometimes draw in. This is not reflective of our housekeeping service, they can easily come in through the outside. If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,
814-321-9114
Chicago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

This was certainly not what we expected. We were visiting family that lives in Foxdale and Ramada has a nice deal for family members that are visiting, so we decided to stay there as opposed to the Courtyard - Marriot down the street. We could not get a room for the Friday and Saturday night because it was a football weekend, so his parents friends put us up on those nights and we stayed at the Ramada on Sunday evening so we could leave early on Monday to head back to Chicago. From the outside it looks nice, but as we entered and went to our room, it was evident that this was not the case. Everything was very dirty and the stairways smelled really gross. When we arrived at our ajoining rooms, we had a little panic attack at first. It was at the end of a hallway, blocked off by a wall and if there was a fire at the end of the wall, we would have been dead because as we discovered when we opened the doors to the room, there was no windows. The rooms were teeny, tiny and very claustrophobic. Since we were just staying one night, we made the best of it. When we returned that night to go to sleep, we went to shower and the shower knob fell off in my hand. I had to leave it that way, because there were more people who had to shower. Needless to say, we didn't sleep well, but we were up early so it really didn;t matter. When we went down to breakfast after we packed the car, most of the food was missing or empty. When we asked the waitress, she said that they had run out of food over the weekend and were not going to get a delivery because it was Labor Day. The whole experience was beyond disappointing, it was really, really horrible. We will never stay there again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Hell Susan, thank you for taking the time to share your review. You are correct that we do offer a competitive $55 rate during non special event weekends for friends and family of Foxdale. I apologize for the sub par room cleanliness, as we strive for higher guest satisfaction. As far as the interior rooms not having windows to the exterior, unfortunately when we enclosed our Atrium area,the building codes did not allow us for windows. We do however offer exterior facing rooms with external windows.

If you could provide me with your room number I could investigate whether or not the shower knob instance was reported to the front desk, as we would have sent up maintenance right away.

Best Regards,